#1 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:50 PM

Randomly chose Round 3 of this week's event to video.

Yes it's food for the trolls, but some may find it interesting.

Check out the slow meter, ding magnet and how the wind doesn't effect my shots at all. :) all in 21 minutes for 18 holes!

https://youtu.be/6sTRjvSIIgA

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:02 AM

Have to be honest... hitting that snap or really close to it over and over, really doesn't help your case... not that I care, but just an observation for the skeptical.  

• MERACE, Biffa, FranciscoCisco and 1 other like this

#3 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

Hitting the snap is important but unlike Links 2003 there is so much more with PG.  First there is difficulty of the course.  Hitting the snap at Augusta will help but wind, pin placement and ball placement are critical as is the hardness and speed of the greens.  Try playing Tough Stuff tournament at PGLS and see how well a snap will help.  Like any video game knowledge and practice will determine how well you play.

• Affo and jspirate like this

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:12 AM

Gotta be fair though, if i had to play 3 click i think i would quit, you just feel so detached from the swing and the game with that method, also once someone is good at it the range of shots and distance control at your disposal guarantees stellar rounds, that's why the 3 clickers dominate the leaderboards...BAN IT!!   :)  :P

• MERACE and slouis like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:08 AM

Gotta be fair though, if i had to play 3 click i think i would quit, you just feel so detached from the swing and the game with that method, also once someone is good at it the range of shots and distance control at your disposal guarantees stellar rounds, that's why the 3 clickers dominate the leaderboards...BAN IT!!   :)  :P

Not true, especially for me. I can't even break par on Amateur.

• Abe likes this

#6 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:30 AM

I think you're just kidding with the BAN comment. I'm pretty sure banning a particular swing method to stop a couple players from shooting super low scores would never outweigh the impact on removing a swing method that disabled people need to play and enjoy this game.

So I take your comment as being facetious. ;)

#7 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:55 AM

count on this game is bad enough as it is with 3c. i would hate to think

how many people would be in the lobby without 3c maybe 6 to 10 if even that lol.

hell it would never have even got out of the starting block without 3c.

and as lee posted what about the disabled folks, just screw us we don't need a golf game to play.

some of you folks need to think a bit more before posting comments like ban anything just because you don't like it

you are not the only one playing the game.

• Abe likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#8 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:28 AM

Very nice playing Sir, but I knew you had misread the 2 early putts you missed, so I suggest taking a few seconds more over the putts will help improve your game.................... :P  :D

Joking aside, when I played 3C, I always said if you understand the wind, spin control etc, it's a very easy game, if, I say IF, you can hit that 6. 

I've never seen such a consistent snap, I'm stunned at the hand/eye control.  

• Affo likes this

#9 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

Hitting the snap is important but unlike Links 2003 there is so much more with PG.  First there is difficulty of the course.  Hitting the snap at Augusta will help but wind, pin placement and ball placement are critical as is the hardness and speed of the greens.  Try playing Tough Stuff tournament at PGLS and see how well a snap will help.  Like any video game knowledge and practice will determine how well you play.

This is very true.  I don't have time to play all the tournaments so I don't play tough stuff very often, but when I do its because I find it relaxing relative to an easy track/conditions.  The snap becomes far less important when the conditions are "tough."  Your focus is more on aim points and course management and you almost forget about the swing itself.  Its good way to improve your game.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#10 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:49 PM

This is very true.  I don't have time to play all the tournaments so I don't play tough stuff very often, but when I do its because I find it relaxing relative to an easy track/conditions.  The snap becomes far less important when the conditions are "tough."  Your focus is more on aim points and course management and you almost forget about the swing itself.  Its good way to improve your game.

Yes. In fact often missing the snap on purpose (and by quite a bit) is the way to go in Tuff Stuff to reduce the strong wind effect you get in this event.

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

#11 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:48 PM

Yes. In fact often missing the snap on purpose (and by quite a bit) is the way to go in Tuff Stuff to reduce the strong wind effect you get in this event.

A strat I sometimes use when an errant drive leaves me behind a tree or some other place that sucks (under regular conditions).  Move the dot for a hook and then hit snap early and wheeeeeeee~

• Affo likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#12 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

I don't know where you come up thinking that a disabled person can't shoot motion swing or RTS. I'm a C-5 quadriplegic with no use of my fingers. I purchased this game the week it came out. Played three click for all but maybe two days till I realized they had a motion swing. Never look back. The day RTS came out I moved to it. I'm with DoGgs if I had to play three click I would've quit long ago. But with that said it's nice there are options.

• JoeF, Keith, Biffa and 4 others like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#13 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:01 PM

@Affo-Just curious why you over swung so much with a 3 wood on the 3rd hole.The risk of the ball being off course with just a slight deviation versus the reward of gaining just a few yards.You obviously know this game inside out so I'd like to know your thinking.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#14 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:51 PM

I don't know where you come up thinking that a disabled person can't shoot motion swing or RTS. I'm a C-5 quadriplegic with no use of my fingers. I purchased this game the week it came out. Played three click for all but maybe two days till I realized they had a motion swing. Never look back. The day RTS came out I moved to it. I'm with DoGgs if I had to play three click I would've quit long ago. But with that said it's nice there are options.

I'm happy that works for you.  Others probably cannot use that swing method.  We all need to keep an open mind about options.  You said that yourself.

No swing is better than another swing if a person hasn't mastered the swing type they prefer to use in PG. ;)

#15 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:47 PM

I think you're just kidding with the BAN comment. I'm pretty sure banning a particular swing method to stop a couple players from shooting super low scores would never outweigh the impact on removing a swing method that disabled people need to play and enjoy this game.

So I take your comment as being facetious. ;)

Yes of course i'm kidding with the ban, not kidding with the rest though, it is the kind of method that provides you with all the tools to score well, you only have to try hitting a partial shot with a controller or RTS mouse to see the difference in difficulty.  With the 3 click meter you can easily pinpoint where you need to be stopping to get the desired power to achieve consistent results thru all shot types, with RTS you are basically blind.  With RTS controller its only possible to hit a very small margin of partial shots, try hitting a 64 wedge 60yds, easy enough with a meter, with controller you will find it virtually impossible.

• MERACE, slouis and Starliner640 like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#16 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:41 PM

Have to be honest... hitting that snap or really close to it over and over, really doesn't help your case... not that I care, but just an observation for the skeptical.  

yep,you should never have posted that vid man.

• RobV likes this

#17 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:55 PM

@Affo-Just curious why you over swung so much with a 3 wood on the 3rd hole.The risk of the ball being off course with just a slight deviation versus the reward of gaining just a few yards.You obviously know this game inside out so I'd like to know your thinking.

The drive? - that was an error, didn't mean to go past the 100%

The 2nd shot, had to be to reach the green. The tailwind and slight elevation of the course meant it would reach if dinged which I managed to do. Also with the soft green it wouldn't roll to far as it pitches into a bit of an upslope. Finally, with the tailwind any early/late click penalty is reduced somewhat (reverse of a headwind) so was confident even if the ding was missed of getting up and down from around the green for a bird.

Hope that answers your question.

#18 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

With the 3 click meter you can easily pinpoint where you need to be stopping to get the desired power to achieve consistent results thru all shot types, with RTS you are basically blind.  

I played the initial mouse swing with a meter because I was so tired of the clicking after all years of JN4-6, and the day the RTS was released I started playing that with a mouse (tried controller too).

But tbh although we dont have a meter, the players golfclub acts like a meter. For partial shots it is almost like the meter without the dots, it only took longer to master because it is more like feel than maths.

It is harder with a controller though Doggs, I have a more hard time stopping the club  before 100% than with a mouse.

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#19 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Like Justin I am C 5-6 quadriplegic..started goofing around w/motion swing a few months ago after years of 3C.  I have to say it has totally breathed new life into the game for me. I'm no ace by any means, but when you bring tempo and rhythm into the equation it holds my focus 10 fold over 3C.  Glad the 3C option is still available..choice is always good.  I do highly recommend trying other swing methods out..start at Beginner and work your way up.  You may find yourself a convert as well.

• Biffa, Justin9926 and Goran JoeMen like this

#20 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:42 PM

DoGgs.  Did you close your YouTube account?

Tried to view a couple of your videos posted in the past here at PP forums. They show as not available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users