#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:57 AM

I am a RTSM player which is the swing method that the frame rate patch was supposed to help.  It worked perfectly until this evening when to my surprise it was greyed out and I could not switch it to on.  It said will not work for simulator and real time mouse swing.  I am wondering if this was due to the update that removed the golden bear logo?  Maybe Tamuchan can look in to this?  I didn't use it much but there was a few holes where it did help.  Thanks.

RTSM - Pro

#2 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:33 PM

The update overwrote the patch you need to just reinstall it.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#3 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:52 PM

I am a RTSM player which is the swing method that the frame rate patch was supposed to help.  It worked perfectly until this evening when to my surprise it was greyed out and I could not switch it to on.  It said will not work for simulator and real time mouse swing.  I am wondering if this was due to the update that removed the golden bear logo?  Maybe Tamuchan can look in to this?  I didn't use it much but there was a few holes where it did help.  Thanks.

Yes the patch appears not to be functioning as it did before.  I actually noticed it with the shadows (coinciding with the demise of the Golden Bear logo) not changing when I activated the swing which threw some alarm bells for me.  I reinstalled the patch but saw some artifacts that I had never seen before on the pre-game screens.  Then verified the game files to get me back to the vanilla version.  Re-installed the patch files and still the same artifacts.  Decided to not bother playing with the pach.   Now need to turn down graphics on some courses which is a pity. 

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

Bummer..

I hope Tamuchan can grace us with an encore performance one more time..

I really wish we could version lock and/or downgrade the software if it's going to be unmaintained any further.

Honestly I still miss when the reflective water patch worked still too.

#5 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:18 PM

I build my course Kinloch basically at least once a day sometimes more just to check that I'm not hurting the frame rate too much on the previous holes. So I basically know what the frame rate is on the T for the first nine holes. When I loaded it up on Tuesday, April 8 I took notice the frame rate had dropped at least 7 to 10 FPS on certain holes and it was driving me nuts. That night it dawned on me to check the patch and that's when I found that the update from the April 7 overwrote the patch. So I reloaded the patch and everything was back to normal frame rate wise. Except for when in practice mode your typical images in the bottom left corner looked totally different. But the frame rate was back up to normal. Basically the worst hole is 6 and I was getting on average 40 to 41 FPS on the T. Now jump ahead a week and they do updates again on Tuesday night in steam (April 14) and once again I load my course and the frame rates are way down again. So I figured let's reload the files. I fired PG backup went to hole 6 and my frame rates only at 31 again. But if I put Pause rendering on it will jump up to 61 so the Pause rendering is working. So whatever steam did this past Tuesday night broke the patch for the extra frame rate boost.

Here's the sixth hole with Pause rendering off. You can see it's at 31 FPS. You can also notice the different looking logos in the bottom left.

74Ci769.jpg

Now here's a picture with Pause rendering on you can see the frame rate jumped up to 61.

HVh4QMK.jpg

Here's a picture of the post shot screen which looks a little funny but I can live with it as long as the PRS works.

V34FIYK.jpg

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:50 PM

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the shadow for the avatar now also screwed up.  It's shimmering.  There was a patch issued for the shadow last year as well so I would have to install that patch and the frame rate one.  Maybe PP can issue a new patch to fix both.

RTSM - Pro

#7 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

I reinstalled the shadows patch and it didn't fix the shadows and I now get the "new look" post screen pictured in Justin's screenshot.  In addition the PG logo has been replaced by a grey box at the bottom right of the screen when the game is loading.  I put the original files that I replaced with the shadow patch back in to the game and it's still screwed up.  I've forgotten how you verify your game files and would appreciate someone letting me know how that is done.  Thanks.

RTSM - Pro

#8 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 11:43 PM

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam.
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#9 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:28 AM

Thanks Justin, the verification got rid of the odd looking post shot displays.  The PG logo now also appears at the bottom right when the game is loading.  Surprisingly the verification indicated that I had 19 files missing!  If encounter a hole with low FPS I'll just lower my camera distance to 500 to play that shot or shots.

RTSM - Pro

#10 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:57 AM

Just to add that the post shot screen (that I see if patch installed) is another indication that something has interfered with the original Tamuchan patches that worked as they were intended to without any obvious signs of there being 'something up'.

For the time being, I have reverted back to the vanilla PG and just amend the sliders as and when they need adjusting to get decent framerates for those scenes causing problem renders.

Edit:  After experiencing the odd iffy round in the last few days, I reinstalled the patches just to make sure that the FPS went up on activation of the RTS swing.  THEY DID giving me framerates much as they were before the recent update.  The hole I tried was @ The Old Course St Andrews  #8.  On the tee I was getting only low 40's but on swing activation they went up well in excess of 100.

I turned up shadows to MAX and can also confirm that the shadows (blurry at FULL slider) do go sharp and dark on swing activation (Same as the patch used to behave).

THe ONLY thing that is noticeably different can be seen in the post shot screen and on the course selection screens (example per post #5 (thanks Justin)) 

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#11 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:06 AM

Something is not quite right here. My PC is running the patch fine but, I didn't use the latest ver. I used the one with only 2 files to overwrite. I did this a few weeks ago and the Steam update has NOT changed it. I hope this helps?

#12 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:02 AM

Something is not quite right here. My PC is running the patch fine but, I didn't use the latest ver. I used the one with only 2 files to overwrite. I did this a few weeks ago and the Steam update has NOT changed it. I hope this helps?

The RTS patch I am using uses the  version 14305 patch files.  I guess you are using an earlier patch?  Only the 14305 leads to improved framerates for the RTS swing on my setup.

#13 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:39 PM

Just a FYI last night when I fired up PG to test my course again the RTS patch is working again for the frame rate boost.Now on the same hole I posted on Wednesday the 15th my frame rate is back to what it was previous with the patch 40 to 41. If I have PRS enabled it will jump to 68 FPS. Now mind you the images in the lower left corner still aren't right (Only in practice mode) and the post shot still looks the same as what I posted previously but it is working the way it was prior. As long as I'm gaining an extra 10 FPS I don't care if fat bastard from Austin Powers is in the bottom left corner eating a bag of Cheetos. :D

Here's a image of the sixth hole from today. You can see my frame rates back up to 41

Trajx8u.jpg

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#14 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:48 PM

The RTS patch I am using uses the  version 14305 patch files.  I guess you are using an earlier patch?  Only the 14305 leads to improved framerates for the RTS swing on my setup.

The patch files I installed a few days ago were the 14305 files and at that time it didn't activate the frame rate option.    It also produced the odd looking post shot box.  Just to clarify, are you saying that specific patch now works?  What about the post shot box?  I ended up doing a verify game files to bring the game back to the unpatched version.

RTSM - Pro

#15 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

The patch files I installed a few days ago were the 14305 files and at that time it didn't activate the frame rate option.    It also produced the odd looking post shot box.  Just to clarify, are you saying that specific patch now works?  What about the post shot box?  I ended up doing a verify game files to bring the game back to the unpatched version.

Re what the 14305 files are giving (on my system):

YES - I still get the odd looking post shot box (and also the pre-game selection screen) as per Justin's screen shot I referenced in an earlier post.

YES - The re-installed patch is giving me the same kind of increased framerates as I experienced when the 14305 files were originally released.  You do need to cycle through tthe VSync options in-game ( back to OFF) to see the increased frame rates with something like FRAPS to measure framerates.

YES - the patch is causing blurry shadows (if shadows slider set high) to then go darker and defined once the RTSM swing is activated. 

Hope this clarifies :)

#16 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Mailman.  I will wait to see if PP (Tamuchan) releases a new patch or patches that restore the frame rate fix and the shadow issue.  As I mentioned a few days ago there are only a few holes where FPS is an issue for me and when I encounter them I now decrease my camera distance to 500 yards for that shot.

RTSM - Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users