#21 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

I used to play winning putt some before they shutdown last year.it got pulled from steam.if you go to their store page it says no longer available.

#22 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:21 AM

They probably hosted the game on their severs and shut them down. PG totally relies on the Steam servers, and uses peer to peer connections for multiplayer through Steam. 

PG has removed the login to their servers for purchase validation, and appears all contracts have expired, by logo removal, and it's still here. So why would they care if it is left on steam for added revenue, they have pretty much washed their hands of it.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:55 PM

They probably hosted the game on their severs and shut them down. PG totally relies on the Steam servers, and uses peer to peer connections for multiplayer through Steam. 
PG has removed the login to their servers for purchase validation, and appears all contracts have expired, by logo removal, and it's still here. So why would they care if it is left on steam for added revenue, they have pretty much washed their hands of it.

I would mostly agree..
But you said the following:

I highly doubt that PP could pull a game you paid for from the Steam servers.

I'm pretty sure PP could pull it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users