10 replies to this topic

#1 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

I am a simulator member here but just recently came up with a new idea on playing real golf and putting out like normal. 

I have a US Patent Pending on it but am trying to find a way to get the info out there without spending a fortune.

If this is ok to post on the forum then I appreciate it and if it can't be left up I understand.

The web site just opened on the weekend and is at www.tapitgolf.com 

More than anything I would love to hear feedback and for you golfers to let your home course know about this option.

• Joe Habiger, Buck and DPRoberts like this

#2 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:50 PM

Genius! Simple and affordable. I'll pass it along. Good luck!

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:29 PM

Love it!!   Great idea!

#4 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:03 AM

Thanks guys, any help spreading the word would be appreciated greatly.

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

I can’t really see this idea catching on to be honest. There will be too much damage to the edge of the hole from careless users.

• ✠ davef ✠ and DPRoberts like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

That's a decent point. You'll have to carry your alignment stick with you to the green if you've got a fat grip.

I like it over the EZ Lyft which has probably beaten him to the punch. The EZ Lyft has the metal part that could contribute to a missed putt here and there for the complainers.

https://golfballezlyft.com

#7 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:27 PM

I can’t really see this idea catching on to be honest. There will be too much damage to the edge of the hole from careless users.

That is for sure the biggest concern.  Like anything people can be careless.  When we were able to touch the flag stick people would use the putter to flip the ball out of the cup and would cause damage from time to time.  You also seen the marks from the flag stick itself catching the edge of the cup when replaced.  One comment stated that since the new rule of leaving the flag stick in, hands going into the cups had been doing some noticeable damage while grabbing the ball with the stick in or yanking the stick up with the ball in the cup.

Time will tell on how much people catch the edge of the turf.  I noticed on one weekend of play (A Saturday and Sunday) where the course did not make new hole placements.  I played that Sunday in the late afternoon starting at 5 pm and our group noticed no added wear than normal.  It was a busy two days of tee times.

When used correctly you actually place the grip end in the cup below surface level and lightly tap down.  Will everyone do it this way?  There are always careless golfers.  I also have the fat putter grip and it fits no problem but it's not the fattest they make.

I do thank you all for comments as this is what I need to hear.

The bonus that may outweigh the negatives is that this may be the only device that does not risk altering the ball in play with attachments to the flag stick and be the only device where Handicaps can be recorded accurately with no question.

#8 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:04 PM

SFR, I think my club ordered this already.  Are you the only one making it?

#9 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:47 PM

SFR, I think my club ordered this already.  Are you the only one making it?

If it was Tapit Golf Inc. I am the only one.  We just launched the web site on the past weekend so thus far there was no order.

If you can find out if they did order and where they found it?

Our 1 800 number is not linked proper yet to answer the call but you can leave a voice mail.

The email contact info will get to me.

Thanks

#10 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

That's a decent point. You'll have to carry your alignment stick with you to the green if you've got a fat grip.

I like it over the EZ Lyft which has probably beaten him to the punch. The EZ Lyft has the metal part that could contribute to a missed putt here and there for the complainers.

https://golfballezlyft.com

Yeah, if I had to choose, I'd go with the "Tapit".  If I hit the pin on a tee shot (or from the fairway), or a chip shot and it ricocheted off the the handle or brackets, I'd be ticked! lol

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#11 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:48 AM

Maybe you could have it pop the ball back out on its own but they may piss everyone off such as a hole in one - or have a remote the golfer carries that pops it out which they can loose or maybe go ahead and have it to where wiggling the flagstick or something on the flag stick gets the ball to come out. Maybe we should just ban golf ???  

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users