64 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

This game is brilliant. It’s the closest physics to real life and current crop of courses are outstanding.

^^ This ^^

The physics in particular.

#22 nmgator1949

nmgator1949

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

I play every  morning with my brother and 2 more friend's at 6:00 my time  every day 7 day a week 

#23 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

I'm trying to nurture an interest in Super Mega Baseball 3, with the 3 inning trial version.  I'm starting to feel the game a little bit more with each play.  Right now it doesn't feel like there's enough grounders and hoppers hit.  Does that change at some point?  I'm big into racing games now also.  I'm very pleased with how Grand Turismo Sport on the PS4 is working with my Thrustmaster TX racing wheel, via my new DriveHub adapter.  I'm back and forth between it, PGR 2 and Forza 7... and then I'll hope on over to iRacing for the best multiplayer sporting event experience I've ever had!

So far I have not seen enough of an upgrade from SMB 2 to justify buying 3.  I am going to try the demo but from what others have told me and what I have seen its the same gameplay with a little more graphic juice so we shall wait a bit.

#24 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:05 PM

I never could play PG very well at all, but I still enjoy CF after

taking a hiatus. The quadremesher has been a blessing with

the 3d grass,(never liked those weird triangles around the bunkers),

and has breathed new life into designing again; thanks to DP Roberts,

Birdie, and Justin9926, for all the great info they freely share.

• Keith and DPRoberts like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#25 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

I play 2-3 rounds per week...down from 7 rounds a week a couple of years ago. I agree that the current crop of courses is outstanding and is enough to keep me interested.

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#26 rob1312

rob1312

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:38 AM

I play a round at PGLS every day

• fungolfer likes this

#27 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:30 AM

I play some, but completely retired from tournament play.  I have other games I play everyday like American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Project Cars, and iRacing some.  That is it.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#28 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

Still play 9 - 18 holes a day.  Between the physics and the RTS-M horizontal swing PG is the most realistic game of golf to be had on a computer.  And with our designers pushing Course Forge ever forward there are always new courses supplying eye candy to whet the appetite.

• bortimus likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#29 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

Rob, you know I like stat!

Golf is alive and well at PGLS, numbers for last 8 weeks are higher than the 8 weeks preceding that:

Stableford - 1811 rounds compared to 1453 a 25% increase

PGA9 - 2598 rounds compared to 2316 a 12% rise

PGA18 - 2046 rounds compared to 1792 a 14% rise

Monthly Open has had 608 rounds last 2 months compared to 517 rounds the 2 months before that.

So whatever you may be feeling, seems there's some new players or players returning/playing more. Part of which is obviously down to COVID, will see how the numbers stack up now Summer and lockdowns are easing up, but at least people are playing.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#30 Rackme32

Rackme32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:35 PM

I play in The Divisions at PGLS every week, and often play another tourney or two per week (especially now with the quarantine).

I check out every new course that comes out, too.  Nearly every one that comes out these days is brilliant!  Even those that aren't quite in that class still definitely do not suck.  And every once in awhile, I just find a course in the Carousel and have at it.  So, maybe 8-10 hours a week.  Never got the hang of any of the various motion swings, I am still a 3-clicker.  My hand-eye coordination blows.  :(

I have NBA 2K17 and played that quite a bit, but haven't felt the need to upgrade even though I'm a total hoops junkie.  Otherwise, I'm a trivia and word-game player.

Went to Digital Storm and ordered me up a nice gaming machine :)

Intel i3 chip at 3.9G

16 gig DDR4 RAM

GeForce 970 GTX 4gig vid card

240G SSD

1TB HD

Windows 10

It's HERE!!  JNPG runs great with all the bells and whistles at max or close to it...  I still turn 3D render off for the swing, tho.

#31 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

I still play a round or two a week but I have been doing this so long and have gotten older that I am starting to watch TV now more instead of just gaming. The board is also probably more active in the winter when many of us can't play golf in real life or don't have family life get in the way.

I still play with 6 other people every friday night and many of us are still designing a course as well but where we came from (Customplay Golf/World Golf Challenge) we are basically use to only us playing the game. Here we atleast have 70 or more playing any golf course we build..lol

I'm one of the other 6 and other than our Friday night round, I may play 1-2 rounds a week, mainly to check out any new courses. Play more TGC2019, to me just more enjoyable to play.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#32 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:06 PM

Rob, you know I like stat!

Golf is alive and well at PGLS, numbers for last 8 weeks are higher than the 8 weeks preceding that:

Stableford - 1811 rounds compared to 1453 a 25% increase
PGA9 - 2598 rounds compared to 2316 a 12% rise
PGA18 - 2046 rounds compared to 1792 a 14% rise
Monthly Open has had 608 rounds last 2 months compared to 517 rounds the 2 months before that.

So whatever you may be feeling, seems there's some new players or players returning/playing more. Part of which is obviously down to COVID, will see how the numbers stack up now Summer and lockdowns are easing up, but at least people are playing.

Andy not saying people aren't playing as they are just not as many and not as much. The fact is that we haven't seen a field of 100 players in a long time and we used to do that even when OGT was still going. The game is great but there is no doubt a lot of players have left or cut play so we must accept that and between you and me we can probably go ten years more with PG and still have 50 people playing but that won't ever get us a new game from PG. It truly is the new Links 2003 as it still plays today with about 20 players but it's stale and no denying that. I still play just not like I used to and love the game but have no hope of seeing an upgrade anymore.
  • Affo likes this

#33 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:35 PM

Yes. 

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#34 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:07 PM

Still playing 3-4 rounds a week for myself. No tournaments at the moment.

#35 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

No tournaments at the moment.

It's amazing to me that, at this point, PP won't allow a trusted "someone" the access to post official tournaments.

Crow or jmk or someone who's been in their trusted sphere I mean.

#36 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:40 PM

I have been playing PGLS at the nine hole event with my controller the last two days and practicing also and man its kicking my ass.  Went 40-38-36 and went to the Caliber ball for the 3rd round as I cant keep the Avent on the course using it.  Lots of fun and I find playing with the controller on my laptop has got me interested again as not real fond of playing with a mouse anymore as not as good at hitting 6 oclock as I was years ago.  I still say that RTSC is just a wonderful swing using an Xbox Controller and lots of fun but really tough to master.

• Buck likes this

#37 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

I still say that RTSC is just a wonderful swing using an Xbox Controller and lots of fun but really tough to master.

Fully agree - I wish TGC would flat out try to copy it as best they could.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#38 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:14 PM

Fully agree - I wish TGC would flat out try to copy it as best they could.

It would be a killer game with an RTS type swing.

#39 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:05 PM

It's amazing to me that, at this point, PP won't allow a trusted "someone" the access to post official tournaments.

Crow or jmk or someone who's been in their trusted sphere I mean.

whatever happened to Art, I never see him around anymore, hope he is doing ok, hope everyone is doing ok...........

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#40 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:07 PM

whatever happened to Art, I never see him around anymore, hope he is doing ok, hope everyone is doing ok...........

Really great point - He hasn't logged in since December 2019

I also hope he's ok.

Anyone know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users