#41 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:22 AM

Seen there were about 200 active players for May at PGLS.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#42 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:43 AM

I still play a couple rounds a week. Still the best PC golf game out there. And the course work by all these great people is amazing. Thats worth the price alone.

• Buck and tanman05851 like this

#43 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:09 AM

Been a gamer since Pong.  Got into golf with World Class Leader Board and never looked back.  Was happy playing Links 2003 even when participation was under 30 players.  Then PG came out and I have played daily and will until the game or myself aren't around anymore.  Mark, at PGLS, deserves a HUGE thank you for keeping the game alive with all the tournaments.  I now do the pin settings for 5 different tournaments and would do it for all the tournaments if asked.  Interesting that during this virus lockdown Ubisoft and Epic games have been offering free games.  I have down loaded about 6 of them like Far Cry 5 was just offered.  Have not played one because PG is just too much fun and I have made many friends there.  One other HUGE thank should go to the designers.  The courses are outstanding and the time they put in is so appreciated.  I finally want to thank all of the people who continue to post here.  I know many think PG is a lost cause but it has been a haven for many of us growing older.

• Greensboronclion and tanman05851 like this

#44 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:27 PM

Still playing and would like to echo Riddlers comments.  Mark at PGLS does a lot of work and I am very thankful for that.  Alt shots tournies baby!!!

Related to PGLS... Mark does have a donate button, but is buried and hard to find.  I am not sure if that is by design or not, but if you feel compelled to do so, there is a means.

EDIT:

Here is the link for those that would like to donate (scroll to bottom of the page).

PGLS Donate

• Greensboronclion likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#45 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:48 PM

Just started playing PG last year after finally getting a PC that would run it. Long time Links 2003 player and never thought I would quit playing it. But PG is now the golf sim for me, the realism is unmatched. As with Links the course designers here are amazing and really keep the game alive and going. I also participate in the tournaments at PGLS and thank everyone who keeps that site up and running. I donated to Links Corner and I'll be donating to PGLS  as well. I really would like to have a program like Links has where anyone can design a new ANI or custom clubs. I don't think it's asking too much for that enhancment. Little things like that would make a big difference.

• Buck likes this

#46 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

Actually played a round or two of Links 2003 just to have a nostalgia visit.  The L2K3 HD courses still look great even now (esp with Anisotropic Filtering enabled) but for me the greater variety of shots I can make (if I pull them off) is greater in PG compared to Links.   I also appreciate the greater customisation options that Links has compared to PG.  BUT I feel that PG is a game that keeps my interest especially during these troubled times so to answer the OP, I am certainly playing PG more and enjoying it more now that I have gone from Tour Pro to Pro at RTSM.   

• JoeF likes this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#47 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

What I wouldn’t give for a couple avatar choices and some more equipment to choose from to differentiate my player in PG.

#48 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:55 PM

what would I give for a working caddy and a fair snap penalty ;) :D

• Buck and TheOtherRick like this

Who cares...

#49 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:36 PM

I still play a few times a week. Sometimes for testing purposes, other times for fun.  Sometimes I open up the game just to look around and study courses and learn from what others have built. 

I still think RTSM is one of the best swing methods I've played in a virtual golf game.  I like being able to manufacture shot shapes by combining the tempo and path in various ways to produce different degrees of curvature on the ball.  I also loved Powerstroke in Links 2003.

I still hope there are community mods that can be developed to maintain interest in the game.  A good soundscript mod would be an incredible addition to the game.  

The addition of 3D grass is really a big step forward and it's still being improved upon.  DPRoberts always has something up his sleeve and contributes a ton to this community.  Birdie is changing expectations about what is possible. 

Because of them and other designers trying new things and helping each other  I feel the best is yet to come with course design, so I'll be playing for a while.   

• JoeF, balaceanca81, Buck and 3 others like this

#50 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:58 AM

Links still has a great swing and I loved being able to put actual shirts I wore and clubs I used into my character.

It would be nice to bring those things into the next great sim, whatever that will be.
  • fungolfer likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#51 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

I will play the odd round if a new course is released that takes my fancy but not very often now I'm afraid

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#52 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:09 PM

Links still has a great swing and I loved being able to put actual shirts I wore and clubs I used into my character.
It would be nice to bring those things into the next great sim, whatever that will be.

Yeah, and I liked plugging my actual yardage distances into my clubs and playing courses from tees I would actually play from. Be nice to have this feature back in the next great golf game as well.
Ken

#53 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, and I liked plugging my actual yardage distances into my clubs and playing courses from tees I would actually play from. Be nice to have this feature back in the next great golf game as well.

I really miss this feature in PG. 

The only workaround is for designers to set the elevation of the courses higher or lower to increase/decrease the carry distances of clubs.

Sometimes I do a builds of my courses with different elevations to mimic my own club distances or to play as a top pro carrying the ball 300 yards.  It's kinda fun to play with a different approach than the default club settings.  

#54 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

still getting from between 30 and 40 tourney rounds a week.

got to be the best priced game i have ever been able to find :D

without the PGLS i would have thrown this out a few years back, so if you are new here or just never have joined

come on over it is a great way to really enjoy this game.

https://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/pgls_intro.php

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#55 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

still getting from between 30 and 40 tourney rounds a week.

got to be the best priced game i have ever been able to find :D

without the PGLS i would have thrown this out a few years back, so if you are new here or just never have joined

come on over it is a great way to really enjoy this game.

https://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/pgls_intro.php

You are correct it is the best 20 bucks anybody ever spent.  Been hacking around the events all day with my controller and not scoring well but am enjoying it as meter killing my 3C experience.  I must say some of the courses being put out right now are really good and lots of them.  Sure wish there was some way the community were able to get a hard copy so the game can be Mod and some bugs were fixed.  Still the best golf game out there and glad its still here.

#56 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:10 AM

Playing as much as i can . mood has changed with the game though. Seems the head to head lobby games are harder to get  now . Enjoy them esp the alt shot 9 matches. The game seems to be going tournament PGLS more now. Randon games with non competitive players just for fun are good. E.G  greesboro dont think i have even played a h2h with you  or an alt 9 in all the time we have played. PGLS is great but i do enjoy the causul h2h games for  fun also maybe more

#57 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:11 AM

why is the text so small

#58 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

You are correct it is the best 20 bucks anybody ever spent.  Been hacking around the events all day with my controller and not scoring well but am enjoying it as meter killing my 3C experience.  I must say some of the courses being put out right now are really good and lots of them.  Sure wish there was some way the community were able to get a hard copy so the game can be Mod and some bugs were fixed.  Still the best golf game out there and glad its still here.

you know greens i was having issues with a few things sometimes the meter so i decided to go verify the game files

and it got better next day back to issues, so i went to verify game files again and again i was missing 1 file reaquired and it went back to normal. now everyday when i turn on steam i go to verify files and it seems i lose 1 file every time i shut it down as everyday it has to pick up one file. don't know what is causing this but you may want to try to verify your game files every time to start steam up.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#59 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:12 AM

On the day you posted this i removed the game from my library along with CF and unity, i have not played a single round for a few months now. Sim racing is taking up all my PC time and the choice of quality titles to play is impressive, and with F1 20 dropping next month and project cars 3 looming i'm gonna be in sim heaven for quite some time.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#60 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:45 AM

Have not played in a few months UNTIL yesterday...  I saw that one of my all-time favorite courses for Links2k was released, Congressional!   And man, it is a beauty!    Once again, thanks to all the course creators who continue to punch out these wonderfully made courses.   Maybe I will get back into checking out new releases..  we shall see.   

• fungolfer, Keith, erwildcat and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users