26 replies to this topic

#1 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:05 PM

Unless someone knows better than I, I am genuinely angry that because no one cares or is able to anymore update this game. The pro shop is worthless. I want to change the appearance of my golfer. Can I? No because like everything else in this world, we don't matter because of the lure of higher profits. We were simply sold out. I wanna change the appearance of my golfer. That should be simple, right. Nope, they took it away from us. Ok, rant over with. 

#2 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:59 PM

I just got used to it as we never were able to do anything other than clothing. Even with all it's faults still the best golf game out there but it could have been so much more.

#3 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

If your into course design and reality so to speak of a golf game ..... which I am .. I think it is by far the best thing out there. The Designer is complex but seems to be only limited by ones imagination and capability to understand Unity so the courses I make basically suck but then there is the way the game feels when playing the golf game its great because each shot is basically done by feel rather than by scientifically lining up the shot similar to shooting a rifle which is how it seems the other games are. Fortunately also there is multi play for all of those folks. But as far as a custom golfer, career mode a pro shop that is nothing but confusion it should never have been touted as being the ultimate or perfect. Fortunately they came up with tutorial videos for Course Forge Fortunately the Forums are still up - They should every once in awhile throw some time at it etc. Fortunately they tweaked some stuff and added some stuff after it go released. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#4 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

Yeah right, for the hundreds of $$ we paid for this game, we should get all the stuff we could get. Thank god they never implemented pay to win, some folks would be poor mice nowadays... ;)

• shimonko likes this

Who cares...

#5 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:04 PM

Evidently the reason this game quit receiving updates was because they were unhappy with the way the code was written. Maybe took too much code rewriting for updates, or discovered a way to make the code cleaner, who knows. So instead they decided to do a complete rewrite, and we all know where that rewrite went...To TM's Virtual Golf 2.

• Joe Habiger and Perculator like this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#6 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

A little late for that rant, dont you think?   Been like this for years now... you're not used to it?    Just continue to grab the nice courses the awesome course designers are making for the community for FREE and have a go..  forget about cloths, clubs, balls, shoes....  Hacker Harry will always be with you to play a round.   :P

• balaceanca81 likes this

#7 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:39 PM

As far as the courses that are available for this sim are concerned, there is nothing better out there. Canot comment on how trouble free the online play is because I don't do it. Forget about playing against computer players because things they do will just frustrate you to no end. This is a bare bones simulation and will probably always be just that. If online is your thing, or competing against other real players at the house, this  then might be somewhat satisfying for you even if you all look alike. A true sim would be great but I really doubt if this will ever be a reality with PG.

#8 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:41 PM

I would just drop this subject.. You have like 100 moderators and all of them probably have the ability to shut you up permanently or quite you for a week or so because I should know. If one person doesn't like your message and just wants to be a butthole they can do so. They took away my ability to send and receive PM's so i'm screwed from now on. 

• scajjr29 and IanK like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#9 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:07 AM

I left this thing some time ago. Every now and then I am playing TGC 2019, which surely has some weak elements, but all in all is a good golf game and looks quite fine. It is fun to play with an XBox-controller on PC. The newer Lidar-Courses are mostly designed very well.

PP has disappointed me too much. I have been waiting too long for improvements that will not happen.

• scajjr29 likes this

#10 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

I would just drop this subject.. You have like 100 moderators and all of them probably have the ability to shut you up permanently or quite you for a week or so because I should know. If one person doesn't like your message and just wants to be a butthole they can do so. They took away my ability to send and receive PM's so i'm screwed from now on. 

Same here. 
The lack of information annoys me the most. I don’t care if another version isn’t forthcoming, just tell us and we can all move on. Why is that so difficult?

• LeazesNDR, scajjr29 and ArcadeHack like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#11 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:19 PM

I'm not satisfied completely with this game, but all I really wanted to do was just change clothes and that got  taken away. I hate to play my recorded rounds with the same golfer who has the same clothes on. Otherwise I get on just fine.

#12 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

I'm not satisfied completely with this game, but all I really wanted to do was just change clothes and that got  taken away. I hate to play my recorded rounds with the same golfer who has the same clothes on. Otherwise I get on just fine.

You can't change your golfer's clothing in the game at all? That's odd. That game option still works fine on my end. You might want to have Steam re-verify your Perfect Golf files to make sure something didn't get messed up somehow.

#13 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:18 PM

Whats aggravating to me is the carousel.if they had one last fix for the game ,I like that to be addressed.

#14 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:50 AM

I also have no problem changing clothing.  Works just as intended.

Whats aggravating to me is the carousel.if they had one last fix for the game ,I like that to be addressed.

What is the issue you are having with the carousel?  Mine works fine.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#15 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

I figured it out. Everything is fine now. I realize no good will come out of the way that you all thought that my intentions were in my original post. Unfortunately I still do not know all of the nuances of the game and thought that changing clothes etc. originated in the pro shop and that has been completely demolished because of the sale to Trackman. As far as I'm concerned still there would be no reason why Trackman couldn't share the game software between the sim (I get the competition part) and us computer players. Still the pictures of what I have seen of version 2 from Trackman are not any more impressive than what we have here already. 

#16 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

I think our courses are more impressive than VG2. I don't think they did much to code besides porting it over to a newer version of Unity with better options.
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#17 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:41 AM

If you know the name of the course you can zoom around in the carousel course the problem is you have to be able to remember that just type the first letter. Or if you know its toward the end type the letter M or some other Letter close to the one you want. 

>>>  Here is a cheezy video on youtubers ... https://youtu.be/0t9-00f3fh0

• Jugador likes this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#18 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:42 AM

I also have no problem changing clothing. Works just as intended.

What is the issue you are having with the carousel? Mine works fine.

It doesn’t show all the courses I got downloaded.ill have to do a head count on how many it shows before it repeats.

#19 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

If you know the name of the course you can zoom around in the carousel course the problem is you have to be able to remember that just type the first letter. Or if you know its toward the end type the letter M or some other Letter close to the one you want. 

>>>  Here is a cheezy video on youtubers ... https://youtu.be/0t9-00f3fh0

That dont work if you are using gamepad. It takes ages to scroll through the courses anarl!

#20 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:04 AM

I'm surprised a one last fix request would be on something that's easily managed by moving out the courses you're unlikely to play in the near future. 

• fungolfer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users