#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:55 PM

was thinking when they kill the sim players at the end of the month.

could maybe that be the time when they charged the PC players to keep on playing.

i would not mind as long as it kept the game alive. maybe Mike or Andrew could chime in here and let us know what is going to happen to the PC version are we maybe going to get a new and improved PG 2 then or what?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:44 PM

maybe Mike or Andrew could chime in here

Good one.

• Ian, Mulligan, Buck and 1 other like this

#3 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:38 PM

But I already paid for the core game.. what exactly am I going to pay for moving forward?   There are no updates, no add ons, no "official" courses, no fixes, no development of anything..  I would not continue to pay for this game just for the sake of playing in the state that it is in..  I hardly play the game anyway, so no brainer for me to uninstall.  However, I would pay if some of the proceeds go to the course designers who have primarily been doing all the work, creating beautiful courses for free.   If anybody, those guys deserve payment.  

• Pappy likes this

#4 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:09 PM

However, I would pay if some of the proceeds go to the course designers who have primarily been doing all the work, creating beautiful courses for free.   If anybody, those guys deserve payment.  

Some of the courses might be worthy of payment, but I wouldn't accept money.  A vast majority of the designers just don't put out courses worthy of payment.

That said, I am in the middle of a build and have spent way too much time on it.  It would be a major kick in the balls to not have a platform to release it on.  At some point, it makes sense for designers to stop taking the risk of starting a project.  Heck, we are probably already there...

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#5 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:17 AM

That sounds like a poor excuse for not getting on with the job Scott................. :P  :D  :D  :D

• jspirate likes this

#6 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

A vast majority of the designers just don't put out courses worthy of payment.

When I look back at Links and poorly designed courses, you can clearly tell which ones were the stinkers and which ones were nicely designed...  I don't recall really seeing or playing a PG course that was so bad, that I deleted it right away.   Could be the selective nature of what I download though.  I would not mind donating for all the wonderful courses that have stretched this game beyond its life span. 

#7 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

That sounds like a poor excuse for not getting on with the job Scott................. :P  :D  :D  :D

Its a race... can I get to the finish line before they pull the plug???

• Ian likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#8 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

I wonder how many of us would be willing to fork out $£5-10 a month to play the best computer golf game on the planet right now. I know I would! Just need a dev to put in the bells & whistles to make it even more attractive.
  • SReesor likes this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:13 PM

How about $50-100 a year for subscription based game that will be updated continuously?  I guess it'll be pretty basic at the start but hopefully more features added over time as the user/subscription base grows?

#10 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:26 PM

$100 a year is nothing when you compare to a tv subscription or a phone contract especially if it’s for something that you know will be updated and refined over time.
  • ✠ davef ✠ and SReesor like this

#11 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:04 AM

How about $50-100 a year for subscription based game that will be updated continuously?  I guess it'll be pretty basic at the start but hopefully more features added over time as the user/subscription base grows?

We had all this 2 or 3 years ago. I said more than once that I'd pay £100 for a quality game plus course architect. Lots of others said they'd pay varying amounts. Who remained silent ? No guesses needed. Even when people indicate their willingness to invest - silence.

• ✠ davef ✠, Buck, RobV and 1 other like this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#12 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:22 AM

If I could make a course as beautiful as a lot of courses I see I would - I would put in the time. But I do for example elevation changes and smoothing and tweaks and go back and forth checking the course out and I cannot get it to look how I really want it to look. Point is some designers do not put out a good looking course because they are unable to or maybe I am to lazy to put in the time to figure it out. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#13 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:58 AM

They should sell a non steam version that does not require and internet connection to install it or play it. Which is what Matrix Games, Slitherine Games, Battlefront.com Games, and I suppose others do they simply sell the game with a key thing. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:17 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=10873928
  • Tigers Agent and Greensboronclion like this

#15 Hammerfest

Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:20 AM

PP ending Friday and PGA Tour 2k21 starting Saturday.......?

Btw, the new game is 58 € here.  

greetings from a big disappointed Hammerfest, disappointed   n o t   about the course makers!! 

#16 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:36 AM

What a load of bollocks this thread below
turned out to be, they could have at least put their "new" animations into PG before they abandoned it.

http://www.perfectpa...hl= mike jones
  • Buck, IanK and DoGgs like this

#17 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:01 PM

What a load of bollocks this thread below
turned out to be, they could have at least put their "new" animations into PG before they abandoned it.

http://www.perfectpa...hl= mike jones

I said so at the time and was banned for it!

• LeazesNDR and Greensboronclion like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#18 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:15 PM

To busy shooting 87 today with Master settings at TPC San Antonio with new game to worry about PG. Lol. Seriously I love PG but the game is as good as it will ever get and no sequel to come and a damn shame.
  • RobV likes this

#19 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:41 AM

Rock and a hard place - abandonware vs AAA that doesn't have 3-click.

#20 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:19 AM

Rock and a hard place - abandonware vs AAA that doesn't have 3-click.

Well, either learn a new swing method to play modern golf games or just keep playing PG.   I was never a controller type player, but started using it with the Rory game.. it has its challenges, but just like 3 click, has its rewarding and satisfying moments as well.   So now, I can do both! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users