9 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 04:51 PM

The main PG Social site is actually up, but its the "Tools" section that seems to be dead.   Over the last week or so, picked up playing a round or two of PG...  I've always been a big fan of tools that came with Links, one of them was the Method of Play creator, which was also available on the PG Social Site, under Tools.  Sad to say, when I go to that page on the Social Site, it no longer connects.   I've tried different browsers, but seems to be a dead link.   Can someone else confirm that the Tools section of the SS is no longer available?  

I was looking to create a few more MOPs before I lose interest again, but I suppose that ain't gonna happen now anyway.  

• Denopith likes this

#2 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:44 PM

I only see courses to purchase. I'll check the testers forums, maybe I find another path to download the tool

Edit: Sorry Rob, couldn't find anything. I know I had it on my PC but I don't find it :(

• RobV likes this

Who cares...

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 10:20 PM

God it’s so frustrating to be abandoned

I really wish they could have talked trackman into releasing some bare-bones version of the current software

And by bare-bones I mean basically the same features we have in perfect golf but just on the modern software with the ability to purchase courses

#4 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 08 December 2021 - 10:42 PM

This is what I get when I log in and go to "Tools"

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /usr/home/sirgul/PerfectParallel.com/perfectgolfgame/include/steam.class.php on line 258

#5 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:08 AM

Thanks everyone... and yes, Ian.. same here, so I guess we can say the Tools for PG have been shut down.  Shame, I had some good ideas for MOPs.. even recreating the ones I made in Links.    Oh well, I have the ones I saved from a few years ago, so I guess I'll be happy with those.  

#6 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:19 AM

Maybe we could ask Mark at PGLS to have a BOP (MOP) list that we could share and download from there? 

#7 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone remember the file name? Found an old USB Stick and there might be saved files on it

Who cares...

#8 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 03:27 PM

There is a list of BOP's in the PG installation folder ...

\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Config

• RobV likes this

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#9 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:36 PM

Mark, there was a tool to build new BOPs. You were able to change several settings and create complete different BOPs

Who cares...

#10 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 02:07 PM

Yes I recall using it to work out some API settings. Looking at that page now it looks like the Steam API calls that PP were making are out of date, hence the errors.

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users