#41 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-M Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:17 AM

Gees!  I eventually beat bloody Billy Dunk (record holder of most course records or something) but I didn't beat the course. They should call that course 'Laggputt'.

Unfortunately it didn't record the round of mine.........Ted Ball.  's.

Putting naked is becoming even more enlightening. I'm finding I'm asking myself to be more positive (long uphill curlers) and don't trust mathematics. Being bold is not the answer but being less weak might be.

The visualisation of the putting process in PG - without aids apart from aiming -  is wonderful. It has potential to be even more effective with enhancements. I can read adequately from the opening default view but getting different views of the putt stops bad errors. The backlift is gauged by the track of the putter against the shoes. It's reasonably accurate. Experience is the basis of naked putting and it doesn't take long. It's a fair challenge. 

Now, it's on to Sandhills or Sandy Hollow or Sandy Nelson. Somewhere or other. 

#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-M Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:53 AM

Problem with Pinehurst. Don't download. Apologies.

#43 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-M Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:50 AM

OK.  Let's head to the classic courses.

Perfect Parallel's great rendition of Sawgrass. It's hard to fault in any way. But the one thing that stands out for me is the putting. The greens are very readable. Somehow the textures and colors give the greens enough 3D effect to facilitate picking out slopes. I feel I can trust the greens (if it looks straight it generally is). Great work and it's true at places like Medinah as well. 

Having said that, Billy putted like a man with green demons.

Florida Glades   ( Perfect Parallel )   vs   Billy  Dunk

#44 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-M Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 AM

And so it's on to the second classic from the Perfect Parallel guys.  The magnificent Chicago Oaks.  An absolute joy to play. It was the first course where the revelation of the ability to read greens without aids happened.

The greens are so, so realistic. The reads are self-explanatory and the only thing you have to learn is just how much break to take. I said it before - you can trust these greens. I've played quite a few rounds there and it is natural to get a feel for the greens. There's nothing like experience. How can this be? A computer golf game that's as near enough to the real thing to give me the satisfaction of playing golf - like the real thing.  No bells and whistles and cash flashing and other superfluous crap.  This game is Number 1 by a long way.

Anyway Billy Dunk played well but he said he left a few shots out there and he is definitely beatable.

Have fun. Just stand up there and read those greens. (Give it a touch more borrow than you might first think.)

Chicago Oaks   ( Perfect Parallel )   vs   Billy  Dunk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users