#1 stancomputergolfer

stancomputergolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Location1 mile south of the Cheddar Curtain

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:47 AM

I'm getting pretty frickin' tired of this, at least once every tournament. More of Mike Jones' unfinished game. Is there ANYONE out there who can contact Trackman, or anyone else that was a developer of this game, and ask them to give someone who know what they are doing (Mark at PGLS comes to mind), the code, so this game can be fixed? It would not detract from Trackman's business one iota, and in fact could vastly increase it.There are so many things that are just non-existent in this half-finished game.

Attached File  perfect golf.exe Screenshot 2022.02.26 - 14.19.43.84.jpg   100.8KB   6 downloads

• J_Schollmeyer, rob1312, Buck and 1 other like this

Intel Quad Core i7-9700

32GB DDR5 RAM

Win 10 Home 64

Nvidia RTX GeForce 2060 6GB

32" Vizio 1080p display

Gigabyte Z390 UD

Samsung 500GB 970 EVO SSD

Seagate 1TB HDD

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum gaming headset

Logitech G700S gaming mouse

#2 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:59 AM

I really don't see what the problem would be with that. Except, that Trackman owns the code, I think. They are most likely to hang on to it as proprietary. Big bummer for me too.

• stancomputergolfer likes this

#3 stancomputergolfer

stancomputergolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Location1 mile south of the Cheddar Curtain

Posted 27 February 2022 - 01:30 AM

I understand they own the code. But they are doing nothing with it regarding PG. So alter the code as it applies to their simulator business, and let someone else, who is interested alter it to FIX this mess that Mike Jones made.

Intel Quad Core i7-9700

32GB DDR5 RAM

Win 10 Home 64

Nvidia RTX GeForce 2060 6GB

32" Vizio 1080p display

Gigabyte Z390 UD

Samsung 500GB 970 EVO SSD

Seagate 1TB HDD

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum gaming headset

Logitech G700S gaming mouse

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 02:01 AM

I find it fairly inappropriate that they continue to sell this game on Steam if they aren’t going to support it.

I’m with you Stan.

#5 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 10:59 PM

I find it fairly inappropriate that they continue to sell this game on Steam if they aren’t going to support it.

I’m with you Stan.

I don't know how Steam works. But if they are still making a profit off any new sales of the game then imo, it is worse than inappropriate to me. But, if it comes off of Steam, then where does it go? I think that TGC overall looks nice but there is that cookie cutter aspect of it that bothers me. The courses look unfinished. Plus the lack of 3 click also puts me off.

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 11:39 PM

I don't know how Steam works. But if they are still making a profit off any new sales of the game then imo, it is worse than inappropriate to me.

They are definitely still making a profit off it.

My understanding is that they could remove it from sale and it would still be usable to owners

https://steamcommuni...15496013323917/

Obviously my overall preference would be that they would continue to fix some of the bugs. Even if it was in their free time from the trackman job as this seems to be a side project that didn’t go with the sale necessarily

#7 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:30 PM

Is anyone here still in contact with the Jones? I don't think that it would hurt to dredge this up again and see what kind of (if any) response that we get. Also, there are designers who have left for Trackman. Maybe they could give us some insight.

#8 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 28 February 2022 - 11:16 PM

Is anyone here still in contact with the Jones? I don't think that it would hurt to dredge this up again and see what kind of (if any) response that we get. Also, there are designers who have left for Trackman. Maybe they could give us some insight.

I'm sure they will be in here any minute to check on any issues  ^_^. Or lock the thread.

• Buck and bgast1 like this

#9 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 06 March 2022 - 06:19 PM

No f*cks given by the Jones boy's anymore I'm afraid. Shame!

#10 Shultzy

Shultzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:17 AM

I never dived into this game because I knew what to expect.

Mike Jones began by milking Links 2003 for every cent he could at the expense of killing off the game and it's community. Then he came here, big promises made, he grabbed the initial big profits and again left a game and community in a complete mess.

These types of money hungry individuals are a disgrace. That the game is still left up for sale is pathetic. Yeah, someone might still buy it, the Jones's might get a free coffee out of the profits. Who cares if the coffee comes at the expense of screwing someone over and leaving them out of pocket and frustrated and angry. A good coffee is a good coffee.

I'm very happy to be someone who would rather just go without a coffee.

#11 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 05 April 2022 - 11:30 AM

It is by far the best $20 I've ever spent on a game. My only regret is just how good this could have been if it was brought up to date and the minor bugs were fixed. Unfortunately, the bugs really spoil some rounds for people playing at PGLS. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users