Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

pppgchatblock_zpsoa4yfmlq.jpg

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Any social lobby should have that feature, and most do. I agree with this, simply because the world contains some unruly morons from time to time. Not sure how easy it is to block said person from game join. But on that note, password protected private games are sorely needed. I have been kicked so many times from joining games that were allegedly private that I can't count them. A PW protected game would have a little lock icon attached to it and people would know it's private. 

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home  (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

#3 AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Any social lobby should have that feature, and most do. I agree with this, simply because the world contains some unruly morons from time to time. Not sure how easy it is to block said person from game join. But on that note, password protected private games are sorely needed. I have been kicked so many times from joining games that were allegedly private that I can't count them. A PW protected game would have a little lock icon attached to it and people would know it's private. 

Besides what is mentioned above, what also is needed is some indication of the play method of those in a group you might want to join.

I tried click for the first time today and to me it's obvious that the motion swing is much harder.  For me then I would not want to play against a click player simply because a clicker has a huge advantage over a motion-swing player.

I do recall playing Links 2003 Elite.  It was at the Elite level that PS and Click were the closest as far as which was the most difficult. 

But with PP there is no comparison.  Hopefully with the introduction of ability levels in the game the devs can bring the MS and Click methods closer together in difficulty.  Right now there is just no comparision. 

The thing about click that I like is that if you miss the snap you also lose distance.  It would be nice if the same happened with the MS.  As far as I can tell, a tempo loss or gain only moves the ball left or right.  It would be nice if it also decreased distance.

Alan

#4 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

I tried click for the first time today and to me it's obvious that the motion swing is much harder.  For me then I would not want to play against a click player simply because a clicker has a huge advantage over a motion-swing player.

I play click but don't worry if you join a game of mine i'll kick you, And you have no worries about me joining a game you're hosting

• scoops100 likes this

#5 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

Believe me, I'm tempted, but I refuse to be enticed into that argument again. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#6 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

I play click but don't worry if you join a game of mine i'll kick you, And you have no worries about me joining a game you're hosting

This bothers me. There is another game I play called WarThunder, a WWII combat flight simulator that is MMO. In that game, you can use either a joystick, or a mouse and keyboard. M&K pilots have a definite aiming advantage in that game versus joystick pilots, but there is no complaining or style segregation at all, nor is there a segregation movement at all. You play with what you choose, and live with that. You do it without fear, reservation, or regret. This nonsense about one way being better / easier will tear the community apart. Cliques are already forming in the lobby. Remember, you are playing against the course. Now, in organized clubs and tournaments, matching same/same golfers would be only fair. But for casual play, let's stop the MS versus 3C bull....rant over...thank you.  :D  Notice I never even mentioned which swing method I use...

• BionicWolf likes this

MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

#7 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

Once country club option is active all that will change.. Well i would assume as there should be a CC chat area only.. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#8 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

This bothers me. There is another game I play called WarThunder, a WWII combat flight simulator that is MMO. In that game, you can use either a joystick, or a mouse and keyboard. M&K pilots have a definite aiming advantage in that game versus joystick pilots, but there is no complaining or style segregation at all, nor is there a segregation movement at all. You play with what you choose, and live with that. You do it without fear, reservation, or regret. This nonsense about one way being better / easier will tear the community apart. Cliques are already forming in the lobby. Remember, you are playing against the course. Now, in organized clubs and tournaments, matching same/same golfers would be only fair. But for casual play, let's stop the MS versus 3C bull....rant over...thank you.  :D  Notice I never even mentioned which swing method I use...

I'm perfectly happy to play anyone whatever mode they use with or without aids but if someone publicly states on a forum he doesn't want to play clickers then I'm just letting him know he doesn't have to worry about playing me

#9 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

We all could pipe in about 3C and MS but it's so drawn out over the years I am going to pass on comments as did SW.

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#10 argon

argon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

This soon went off topic, theres the xbox controller being used as well as

#11 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

This soon went off topic, theres the xbox controller being used as well as

Well ya, cuz that never happens in game forums..  :lol:

M Swing  //   N Assists

#12 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

Yeah...I apologize for the off topic rant. Shouldn't have gone there...just get irritated sometimes. Sorry guys... :unsure:

MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

#13 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

Yeah...I apologize for the off topic rant. Shouldn't have gone there...just get irritated sometimes. Sorry guys... :unsure:

I kinda miss my wgt posting...  :lol: 

LoL... NW.... Oh and I loved playing WarThunder.. I stopped because it was too addicting.. I used to just love flying around into obscure places, bomb a base from odd vantage point. Skimming the water was a gas as was seeing how high you could climb and maintain flight. 

/me goes to retrieve account info....  :ph34r: 

M Swing  //   N Assists

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users