5 replies to this topic

#1 Turner

Turner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi all,

I found mention of Course Forge when looking up some old Links 2003 stuff, and ended up here.

I bounced back and forth between this site and Youtube, as well ask Kickstarter, trying to figure out what exactly is going on...

So, basically, I'm looking for an "About" that answers these questions:

1) What's required to design courses? I assume at least Home Edition and some form of Unity.

2) What's the status? I see Kickstarter didn't complete, but didn't find any follow-up.

3) What's the minimum cost to be able to create a course? I.e., I assume all that's needed is Unity and Home Edition, but am not sure.

4) Will playable versions be compatible with golf hardware such as Optishot?

Sorry if this has all been discussed but I couldn't find much just browsing around.

thanks,

Andrew

#2 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

1, you probably assume right

2, kickstarter didn`t work out, not sure if they will try again or find some other way to get funds.

3, unity has a free edition, not sure on course forge

4. don`t know

you should go to the video section, some impressive stuff there.

#3 Turner

Turner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thanks Mick-

Seen the videos... that's why I registered to ask my questions ;)

cheers

Andrew

#4 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think the Sky TV deal negated the need for KS.

#5 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

In order to create a course for Perfect Golf you will need Unity 3D (free) and Course Forge, which is basically a plug in for Unity that lets you create fairways, greens, tees and hazards, plant pins and tees and associate them with holes.

The golf physics are basically done as you can see by the latest video in the video archive, now they have to do the rest of the game.

Minimum cost could be $0, depending on whether or not Course Forge will be free.

Don't know about the golf hardware though...

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#6 Turner

Turner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Thanks guys-

Guess I'm hoping for some "company people" to drop by and remove any ambiguity.

While I see a TON of promise in this software, I've seen plenty of projects that really got my hopes up only to disappear, change significantly, employ functional limitatons, etc. that diminish the product to the point it just becomes a footnote.

Hope that doesn't happen here as it looks really good, but I'm seeing lots of open questions (mine and others) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users