#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

At the minute you don't as it is not freely available for download.

If you haven't been fortunate enough to have received a BETA build from the Dev's, you will be like everyone else and waiting for the release version to be made available.

One recommendation to anyone looking to design courses but not yet able to use Course Forge is to spend some time acquainting themselves with Unity 5. Course Forge is only a small part of the course design process and the bulk of it is done using the tools of Unity 5 eg. terrain layout, elevation changes, 3D model imports, tree/vegetation planting etc.

;)

#3 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

For those of us who haven't been fortunate to have been allowed access to CF would it be possible to see a video or two of CF in action within Unity? I've watched Mike's video many times but the right hand side of the screen is tantalisingly obscured when I would really like to see what he is accessing. Unfortunately, this video makes it appear as if CF is a stand alone program.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#4 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

I do recommend downloading Unity 5 (it's free now) and spend some time getting used to terrain building and elevations. You will have to import course forge into unity right now to make playable courses. I don't have knowledge on how the Dev's will incorporate course forge with the final release of PPG. Keep looking at the threads in this forum to see what's been going on with course forge and the links that others have provided for all to use. I've been working with the beta version for a short time now and it takes a lot of practice at the start. I'm sure the full release will have pre-loaded textures and tutorials to follow. Since it's in the beta right now they what us to figure things out on our own.

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

I have been using Unity 5 but I would like to see CF in action. Perhaps a video similar to Mike's, but so that we can see its usage within Unity.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

http://www.perfectpa...w-tell/?p=17331

A video K11 did a while back shows Course Forge in action

• IanK likes this

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hm... not sure this will help, Rob. it's a silent movie run at double speed. Ian, hidden to the right of frame there are only the usual Unity terrain tools - for sculpting the terrain, painting textures, planting vegetation etc. There is nothing CF-related going on there, CF functionalities are all activated through the icons on the left of the screen.

I would oblige and post another vid, but I can't run U5 CF atm. And U5 overwrote my U4, so I have been sidelined for the last weeks.

• IanK likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users