34 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

To keep things in perspective, unlike how it happened in Tiger Woods 2008, a person who likes No Aids will become a good No Aids golfer (over time).  A person who likes Max Aids will become a good Max Aids golfer (over time).

In Tiger Woods many people began to think they were better golfers in general if they used the Advanced swing settings than golfers who used Novice settings. This was not true then and it will not be true in PG. One cannot compare apples and oranges, period.

So enjoy your swing choice or choices.  You paid for the game. Play it your way and have a ball! :)

• gravedodger, worrybirdie, spy88 and 1 other like this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

Everybody should enjoy the game as they like.

But it is definitely more difficult to play with no aids than with max aids. So scores shouldn't be compared at all. 

• Crusher likes this

#3 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

Everybody should enjoy the game as they like.

So scores shouldn't be compared at all.

Exactly.  Should a no-aids player want to test their skills against a max-aid player they should do so by using max-aid settings. Now the playing field is equal.   Never the other way around.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

Exactly.  Should a no-aids player want to test their skills against a max-aid player they should do so by using max-aid settings. Now the playing field is equal.   Never the other way around.

It's a good point.

I'm not sure I will want to be moving up and down the settings much myself.  I'm really enjoying always being on one setting (min/min) and working to be good at that.  I'd fear that if I moved to easier settings I wouldn't still know if (relative to my normal settings) I'd actually made a good swing or if it was just the aid helping.

This makes me really wish we could enable real time swing feedback (as an option of course)

• frank70 likes this

#5 gobucks1970

gobucks1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNW Ohio

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

I practice with no aids but find no-aids putting to be pretty inconsistent. But better days are coming and I'm looking forward to the next update.

#6 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

It's a good point.

I'm not sure I will want to be moving up and down the settings much myself.  I'm really enjoying always being on one setting (min/min) and working to be good at that.  I'd fear that if I moved to easier settings I wouldn't still know if (relative to my normal settings) I'd actually made a good swing or if it was just the aid helping.

This makes me really wish we could enable real time swing feedback (as an option of course)

Nor I. I play Max and No Aids.  Both ends of the spectrum.  That's enough for me.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

With the introduction of new putting where you have to judge both distance and break, we have toned down the missed snap push and pull penalty as we felt it was just too hard.  This will make putting skill more focused on speed and break than missed snap which we feel is a better reflection of reality.  This should allow people who want to try lower aids to do so without making short putting so hard.

• Arsam, worrybirdie, Charles and 2 others like this

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

With the introduction of new putting where you have to judge both distance and break, we have toned down the missed snap push and pull penalty as we felt it was just too hard.  This will make putting skill more focused on speed and break than missed snap which we feel is a better reflection of reality.  This should allow people who want to try lower aids to do so without making short putting so hard.

This is literally the best news I've heard all week!

Getting SO jacked for the updated version!!

• Arsam likes this

#9 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

So crusher let me get this straight as long as it's good for you your ok with it? Nobody is forcing you to play and we came up and played Max with you but you won't try Min with us. My suggestion is start your own tournament for Max level only and you run it and then you will be happy but don't criticize us for playing it this way. It's a game a dude put some variety into it and you might be surprised at what you get back.

#10 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

So crusher let me get this straight as long as it's good for you your ok with it? Nobody is forcing you to play and we came up and played Max with you but you won't try Min with us. My suggestion is start your own tournament for Max level only and you run it and then you will be happy but don't criticize us for playing it this way. It's a game a dude put some variety into it and you might be surprised at what you get back.

Actually, you don't have it straight.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Couldn't you word this in a bit less aggressive of a tone?

This "style" of post is exactly what gets a thread/forum going in the wrong direction.

We seem to be losing the concept of *respectfully* disagreeing with each other. :-(
  • Pappy likes this

#12 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

Couldn't you word this in a bit less aggressive of a tone?

This "style" of post is exactly what gets a thread/forum going in the wrong direction.

We seem to be losing the concept of *respectfully* disagreeing with each other. :-(

Hi Buck. Fortunately there are few aggressive posts like his reply.  I think some people simply forget we are creating a very different gaming forum here. One that is polite,  helpful and shared points-of-view can be civilly debated. I'm' sure that post was a knee-jerk reaction. I don't feel offended, just surprised.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

Guys it was not a knee jerk reaction its just I don't understand why you continue to not like anything that we try to do.  First it was why clutter up the boards with Tournament info and now you don't like the setup of a tournament and God knows we know you don't like the graphics but my point is why wont you compromise.  Last week we played Max and your starting this thread was a slap at those who want to play a Min aid event and you didn't like it.  Again why not start your own event and that solves the problem.  As for not getting it straight your wrong as you did say what you did.  We all love this game as we can agree on that but most of us on here are tired of the constant whinning of a few and yes we are getting a little testy and that is not how I usually am but guys I am one of those that are getting tired of it.

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

Guys it was not a knee jerk reaction its just I don't understand why you continue to not like anything that we try to do.  First it was why clutter up the boards with Tournament info and now you don't like the setup of a tournament and God knows we know you don't like the graphics but my point is why wont you compromise.  Last week we played Max and your starting this thread was a slap at those who want to play a Min aid event and you didn't like it.  Again why not start your own event and that solves the problem.  As for not getting it straight your wrong as you did say what you did.  We all love this game as we can agree on that but most of us on here are tired of the constant whinning of a few and yes we are getting a little testy and that is not how I usually am but guys I am one of those that are getting tired of it.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about to be honest.

If you use the browser text search in this thread, you are literally the only person who even used the word "tournament"

As for Tourney's having their own forum area - That was an idea that was liked by a whole bunch of people and one of the Mods (can't remember who) even said that it will ultimately be the case that tourney's have their own forum section and the requisite attention they deserve -- So it can't be *that* bad of an idea, can it?

...and constant whining?
That's not true at all!

Feedback is feedback.
It's often positive, but critical feedback is arguably way more important in guiding an early access product.

#15 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

Yikes! Who said anything about tournaments!?  This was about the game  in general.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#16 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

I suggest pistols at dawn. For the sake of keeping this forum gentlemanly, I offer my services as a second. Would anyone prepared to mop up the blood please PM me for the location details. 

• Greensboronclion likes this

#17 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

You are allowed to be 'testy' - it is human, I live in Thailand where it is not allowed in the slightest and look at the state of this country right now. I agree with your comments - the smart MIPS are on emergent physics here and that's primarily what we are all about - smoke a cigar for me :-)

#18 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Yikes! Who said anything about tournaments!?  This was about the game  in general.

Crusher this thread is all about this weeks event which is only Pro an Min aids and to say it's not is total BS.

#19 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

I suggest pistols at dawn. For the sake of keeping this forum gentlemanly, I offer my services as a second. Would anyone prepared to mop up the blood please PM me for the location details.

Thanks Ian I needed to laugh.

#20 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

Crusher this thread is all about this weeks event which is only Pro an Min aids and to say it's not is total BS.

I don't even play tournaments.  You must have some kind of  persecution complex. :huh:

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users