#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

Got the game yesterday and got right in to it by hitting dozens of balls on the range and trying out a couple of courses.  So far shooting higher scores than my real golf game but I'm sure it will get better with practice and experience.  I am playing with everything Off in the Difficulty options so I have a question about putting.  On a flat green, if I get 100% power on a stimp of 12, approximately how far will the ball roll?

Second question, in the game options I have "Lower Quality on Swing" set at Off.  What does this option mean?

I know that the animation of the golfer is a future improvement as he sure looks weird on some lies.  Also I think the size of the golf ball on the green should be reduced.  Currently it looks like I am putting a cue ball in to the cup.

Other than that, very impressed with the game.  Definitely not arcade and difficult to master.  Black Swan is one tough course!  Look forward to future upgrades to the game.

RTSM - Pro

#2 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

Don't worry about your 1st Q you wont find a flat green farthest ive putted is 93 ft. 2nd Q i'm a 3 clicker

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#3 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

I think there is a "chart" floating around on these forums or at the very least, someone tested and documented the general length of the putt.   If I remember correctly, 9 o'clock is around 30 ft. 

Low Quality on Swing is so you will not experience "Swing Stutter".   Many have indicated that when swinging (mainly on 3click), the meter stutters, thus not able to hit the snap at the time the player actually clicked.   Turning this on, removes some of the planting, bushes, tall grass, etc. while swinging, thus reducing the stutter or lag of the swing meter.   Once the ball is hit, it all comes back.  

Both the avatar and the swing meter are considered placeholders in the early access of development while the devs work on new animations and characters for the full retail release of the game.   Overall, new avatars along with better animations will be included once the game is ready for release.   Same with the swing meter... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users