#1 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

oh my goodness----I am sooo hungry for some new - quality courses--black swan is a work of art , but  for me strickly something I put up for a funner not a serious game of completion----

I know you course devs are working on a couple -- but PLZZZ -- satisfy my hunger --lol--and keep em flowing ---

I know you devs getting  lot of -- do this do that --but can the course devs stay strickly with course development leave the tech stuff to the techs--love ya all ------------ :)

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

Hm... trailblazergolf, I do have the ambitions of, yes, creating beauty, but also of providing players with a true test of golf. Could you please explain to me what in your eyes makes a funner like the Black Swan and what aspects are lacking to make it a serious venue of serious competition? Strictly within the realm of fictional courses, that is, since "real" courses are... well not frightfully interesting to do. That would be copying or reproducing, whereas I prefer to imagine and evoke. But strictly for the "test of golf" part I really would appreciate any help in this respect.

Should you personally believe that no course on which the real life Mickelsons, Woods, Spieths and McIlroys have placed a foot is worthy of competitive considerations anyway, I can accept that. And will keep creating funners.

In the background, the word has gone out to all the designers to start churning out stuff. Still, that flood won't happen overnight and the slow trickle will probably continue.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

In the background, the word has gone out to all the designers to start churning out stuff. Still, that flood won't happen overnight and the slow trickle will probably continue.

perhaps they should give few more go, who springs to mind, oh me, lol.

I have designed loads of courses for TW and JNGBC, mostly real courses which I know isn`t really your thing, I just like the challenge of getting it to look as much like the real course as I can.

#4 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

very good comment  k11--  as I said was a work of art----also said ( for me ) not a course I can get serious--im sure many folks well disagree

I guess im more of a real course guy-----but K11 I believe ur a exl designer--you showed that in black swan------im prob just getten ansty for courses

srry I used ur creation as an example --kepp up ur work buddy !!! :)

• Tigers Agent likes this

#5 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

I love playing the real course but the funny thing is the fantasy ones are my top picks. When playing Augusta National it makes you feel like you are playing like the Tour players are but they are straight forward and we know what to expect. Now a fantasy course I will tell you that in Links my top three were Tall Pines Estate, Las Joyas and Shadowlands with Crooked Creek not far behind. As for Real there was Spyglass a Hill and Harbour Town with Medinah and Oakmont right there. As far as Black Swan it is a shot makers course and to me just a thing of beauty to look at and to play. Everyone has their likes and dislikes but to me a video golf course is a video golf course and if it's good I will play it. We are blessed to have so many great designers that I can't even imagine how many great course we will see in the future with this game and can't wait to see what they will be putting out for us to play.
  • axe360, Richard and Kimmer1947 like this

#6 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

From my reading the various posts on Course Forge, if anyone thinks that they are going to start a course on Sunday and publish the next Saturday, they may want to rethink that idea. I'm not a designer, but it sure seems that it may be easier than APCD but a lot more difficult than the TGC designer.

• Griz891, Greensboronclion and robbiet71 like this
Richard

Posted Image

#7 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:51 PM

I appreciate the beauty and design of courses like Black Swan and Willow Heath but they aren't my cup of tea for every day playing.

I prefer more traditional non-links style courses but again, this is just my personal preference.

I'm really hoping we see Muirfield soon.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#8 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

2m6mu6r.jpg

• Dazmaniac, Jimbo63, KenR and 9 others like this

#9 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

2m6mu6r.jpg

OH my, another teaser!! :D

Richard

Posted Image

#10 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Nice.

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

2m6mu6r.jpg

Looks like that tree is killing the FPS, lol.

Nice looking course.

;)

• Charles likes this

#12 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

Looks like that tree is killing the FPS, lol.

Nice looking course.

;)

That frame is only 59 FPS, the rest of the course is 60+ :D

Richard

Posted Image

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

2m6mu6r.jpg

Wow that is awesome looking. I am sure there are plenty of Cactus for my ball to find.

#14 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

Looks really awesome!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#15 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:24 PM

You like non-links type courses by want muirfield? Is that the course in the village?

#16 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

From my reading the various posts on Course Forge, if anyone thinks that they are going to start a course on Sunday and publish the next Saturday, they may want to rethink that idea. I'm not a designer, but it sure seems that it may be easier than APCD but a lot more difficult than the TGC designer.

When I designed courses for PGA2000 & TW06-08, It took me a good solid 2 months to finish a course and that's if you worked on them steady everyday after work or whatever other tasks in life you had going.

• axe360 likes this

#17 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Definitely not going to be a 'paint by numbers' setup as is obvious from the quality of the courses currently released.

Richard

Posted Image

#18 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Woooo-hooooo! Thanks for making a desert course one of the first releases. You probably don't remember, but they have always been my favorites and there are always so few of them released. It looks FANTASTIC!  Maybe I can learn how to use CF myself and design a few of my own. I never got the hang of the APCD. :)  :)  :)

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#19 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

You like non-links type courses by want muirfield? Is that the course in the village?

Um... Yea. Confused.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#20 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

perhaps they should give few more go, who springs to mind, oh me, lol.

I have designed loads of courses for TW and JNGBC, mostly real courses which I know isn`t really your thing, I just like the challenge of getting it to look as much like the real course as I can.

Having spent 15 years with GBC we probably crossed paths. In the event that we can renew a relationship what name did you go by with GBC and which courses did you design.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users