#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

1. Uneven Ball Lies

Will sidehill, uphill and downhill lies affect a shot or a putt? 

2. 1st Cut & Rough (Sand)

How do you plan to implement rough penalties? Distance loss? Smaller sweet spots and increased mishit penalties?

(Quite often, on tv, I see pros playing shots out of the rough that are as good as those from the fairway...)

Sand Hazards: Will there be a special "Explosion" shot type for them?

3. Individual Shot Types?

In Links (All hail Links, THE golf game) players were allowed to set up their own shot types by placing the ball closer to their left or right heel and changing the angle of the swing plane. Will that be the case in PG as well. 

4. Default Shot Types?

Apart from the full swing, will we also get to select: Punch? 3/4 Swing? Pitch? Chip? Flop? Others (putting with a 3wood from the rough edge, blading a SW, Texas Wedge? - And will we get to fine tune these shot types as asked in question 3?

5. Post-Shot Analysis?

In Links (All hail Links, THE golf game) players were given a post-shot analysis (or shot summary) after their shot was played: How far it flew in the air, how much it bounced and rolled etc... will PG provide the same (very vital) service?

6. Which golf courses?

This question was asked by fellow member dr-nix in the "New Gallery Images" thread, but I add it here because I think at this stage it needs to be asked and deserves to be answered: 

I know this is off topic but talking about courses. When the game comes out it will feature real courses right? I'm sure it's been mentioned before and you have gallery images of actual courses but just for ease of mind i would love a confirmation on that part. 

In this thread, this is fully on topic. So: Which are the golf courses included in the 1st 10-pack mentioned by Andrew in his last update?

Community, you are welcome to comment or add your questions, but I'd like some response from the Devs sooner or later. And have a nice Sunday and a good start into the new week.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hail Links!

#3 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hail Links! RTS and Prostroke are the best swings ever made in any golf game. I would expect 1-3 to be true if this is going to be even half decent. After lurking hear for so long I believe these PP guys are some extremely hard workers. Anyone who knows a thing about the game dev biz knows it is absolutely killer. I am amazed at how quickly this is progressing and I am relieved to hear there will be a mouse swing!

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

1. Uneven Ball Lies

Will sidehill, uphill and downhill lies affect a shot or a putt? 

Yes in the sense that the effective launch angle will be changed for down and uphill lies and the push and pull effect on sidehill

2. 1st Cut & Rough (Sand)

How do you plan to implement rough penalties? Distance loss? Smaller sweet spots and increased mishit penalties?

(Quite often, on tv, I see pros playing shots out of the rough that are as good as those from the fairway...)

Sand Hazards: Will there be a special "Explosion" shot type for them?

Rough shots will come out with less backspin on the ball than shots from the fairway and there may be additional items related to power impacts.  As to the sand I imagine there will be some sort of explosion shot yes

3. Individual Shot Types?

In Links (All hail Links, THE golf game) players were allowed to set up their own shot types by placing the ball closer to their left or right heel and changing the angle of the swing plane. Will that be the case in PG as well. 

No not exactly.... In PG our plan is to allow for various aids to be turned on or off as part of setting up the game to suit your desired level of difficulty.  We have not really discussed shot shape yet at this point

4. Default Shot Types?

Apart from the full swing, will we also get to select: Punch? 3/4 Swing? Pitch? Chip? Flop? Others (putting with a 3wood from the rough edge, blading a SW, Texas Wedge? - And will we get to fine tune these shot types as asked in question 3?

Not in the first release although I am sure there will be a chip swing, putt swing and full swing out there.  

5. Post-Shot Analysis?

In Links (All hail Links, THE golf game) players were given a post-shot analysis (or shot summary) after their shot was played: How far it flew in the air, how much it bounced and rolled etc... will PG provide the same (very vital) service?

Yes and more, our post shot screens will contain spin rates, launch angles clubface closure or openness etc

6. Which golf courses?

This question was asked by fellow member dr-nix in the "New Gallery Images" thread, but I add it here because I think at this stage it needs to be asked and deserves to be answered: 

I know this is off topic but talking about courses. When the game comes out it will feature real courses right? I'm sure it's been mentioned before and you have gallery images of actual courses but just for ease of mind i would love a confirmation on that part. 

In this thread, this is fully on topic. So: Which are the golf courses included in the 1st 10-pack mentioned by Andrew in his last update?

We currently are up to 15 courses that have been built all real courses.  However before they are released with the game we must obtain permission from the courses themselves.  I am not going to go into the specifics of which courses have or have not given us their permission.

Community, you are welcome to comment or add your questions, but I'd like some response from the Devs sooner or later. And have a nice Sunday and a good start into the new week.

• Davefevs, SJude and Maverick Spirit like this

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Thank you for taking the time to provide answers, A.

I find answers 3 and 4 a bit underwhelming, to be honest, but I readily accept that these things must develop over time and can't be considered to be a top priority for the initial release.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#6 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

I can understand your response Kablammo... I know how I enjoyed making those fades and draws when required. However, it can also be said we can simply click 3 times moving the ball back when on the 3rd at firestone to make the fairway etc... so I'm hopeful we avoid any repeat of simply 'marking' holes with default stances. That said, I'd still like to see some ability to change stance... just not quite on a click rule. Maybe a slider or hold a key and move your golfer on the tee (by eye).

There must be a better way I'm sure.. but the more intricate the better..

#7 Lukas

Lukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

6. Which golf courses?

We currently are up to 15 courses that have been built all real courses.  However before they are released with the game we must obtain permission from the courses themselves.  I am not going to go into the specifics of which courses have or have not given us their permission.

In the event that you don't obtain permission from a course, is there a chance that course will still be included but perhaps with a different "fantasy" name? Otherwise it seems like a waste of time to go out and build them (I would have thought permission would have been one of the first steps you'd look into when creating a real course).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users