#1 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

I think this was implemented for a different reason BUT... the new forward snap is perfect for me.

One of the things I love most about PG is watching the launch of the ball from the golfer's perspective.  I like to see the shot develop from this angle.  This is why I don't particularly love the follow camera.  So I've been using the landing camera.  It's a snap view so it still allows me to see the shot develop from the golfer's perspective and then snapping to the landing view.  However, this view often ends up in the trees.  And I didn't like the reverse landing view because it was too zoomed in for my tastes.

In comes forward snap.  PERFECT!!  LOVE this.

• J_Schollmeyer and Ricky Proffer like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

@Mebby:  can you describe it more or send a pic?

I'm several days away from being able to try it out, but very curious as I like to play from the golfers view also.

#3 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

@Mebby:  can you describe it more or send a pic?

I'm several days away from being able to try it out, but very curious as I like to play from the golfers view also.

I'll try to do one better - I'll post a quick video shortly.

But while you wait, it's basically just like using the Golfer view with any of the other snap cams where you watch the ball launch and then several seconds later it snaps to a different view.  Except this time it snaps to a follow view right before the ball lands.  The camera view is nicely elevated and zoomed out enough that you can get an idea of what's going on.

I think you've played TGC (can't remember for sure) but it's similar to the follow view that they have where you can decide when to transition to the the follow perspective - except it's a snap and not a catch-up.  The snap camera usually flips over when the ball is about to land - usually when it's still 20-30 feet or so off the deck.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#4 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

Here you go... video of the new cam.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

@Mebby:  Thank you for recording & posting that!!

OMG!  That might be the "heaven" of setups I've been wanting!

I can't wait to try that, but it looks PERFECT for what I'm looking for.

I love watching the golfer (real life view) angle of the shot and that is a super hybrid of classic & modern with the new camera view option.

• mebby likes this

#6 Dave2015

Dave2015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEast Coast NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

Oops...mebby beat me to it. Well, here it is anyway. Occasionally it will flip to a reverse landing view, not sure why. Maybe it something to do with with camera angle height or objects within a specific perimeter. It's not perfect, sometimes on chips or long putts you can't see the landing or the balls proximity to the cup very well as it travels. Other than that, I prefer this snap view.

#7 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Oops...mebby beat me to it. Well, here it is anyway. Occasionally it will flip to a reverse landing view, not sure why. Maybe it something to do with with camera angle height or objects within a specific perimeter. It's not perfect, sometimes on chips or long putts you can't see the landing or the balls proximity to the cup very well as it travels. Other than that, I prefer this snap view.

Yea, I've noticed that sometimes it seems to swivel into a reverse view. No clue why. But it's still the best camera option for me at this point.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

I think if possible the forward snap cam would be just fine if it lost that reverse view swivel.

When it goes to switch it totally loses the ball. It only seems to happen on shots that have a long elapse time. I've only seen it when playing Driver or 3 wood, but it may happen with other clubs.

So Devs, is it possible for this camera to behave as it is named and just look forward (and lose the reverse aspect)?

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

I finally got around to trying this and I'm mixed.

I love it everywhere except around the green, where I'm now having to watch the end of chips/putts from the golfers perspective (way far away and I can't see what's happening).

If that could get a tweak, it'd be perfect!

#10 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

Yea - I agree that there are times when I wish it would transition to the forward snap when playing around the green.  But I also love when it doesn't transition sometimes too so I can see my chip roll out from the golfer's perspective.  

Maybe what we need is a button that we can click when we want the transition to happen.  TGC did that and I loved it.  Could be very valuable here.  That way you have the choice to watch the whole shot from the golfer's perspective or you can switch to the follow cam whenever you want.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:13 PM

Yea - I agree that there are times when I wish it would transition to the forward snap when playing around the green.  But I also love when it doesn't transition sometimes too so I can see my chip roll out from the golfer's perspective.  

Seems like this could be fixed in the code.  Once you get a certain distance away, watching the chip rollout from the golfers perspective just doesn't make much sense as you simply can't see anything of what's going on.

Normally I'm all for options, but on this one I think they just need to tweak how it works and when it does what it does a bit more and perhaps no more options would be necessary.

(every option just keeps adding complexity that I hesitate to recommend unless essential)

#12 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

I finally got around to trying this and I'm mixed.

I love it everywhere except around the green, where I'm now having to watch the end of chips/putts from the golfers perspective (way far away and I can't see what's happening).

If that could get a tweak, it'd be perfect!

I totally agree Buck, I was really impressed with this cam view up until I got around the green. It would be an awesome cam view if they would implement it so you got the same cam view around the greens.

#13 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

The short shots was a problem  as the camera sometimes goes underground so the they have disabled it for the time being. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :)

• Griz891 likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#14 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:01 AM

Yip, me too I'm delighted with this new feature within the player-cam! The snaplanding-cam is a great addition. I do hope we will also get a somewhat more 'up-close cam' option in the future, whereby the cam is almost on the ground behind the golfer and a bit closer to the animation. I see this shot on tv a lot, and I remember this option in the good old Jack Nicklaus 6-GBC serie. I couldn't find a pic to post here but I hope people understand what I mean. This is also a great feature when putting btw.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#15 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

There was a 'bug' in one of the previous builds which, when you hit an errant shot or found the greens at the practice facility, the next shot on the range would be from that low angle, so it should definitely be do-able.

It could be called the Trackman Shot Tracer view, with of course optional solid tracer line, to fall in with PP's tie-in with the company. ;)

#16 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

There was a 'bug' in one of the previous builds which, when you hit an errant shot or found the greens at the practice facility, the next shot on the range would be from that low angle, so it should definitely be do-able. It could be called the Trackman Shot Tracer view, with of course optional solid tracer line, to fall in with PP's tie-in with the company. ;)

Yes, I remember that Mimic. I remember seeing the Ani a lot closer all of a sudden on the range! I thought that was great! :D But I didn't see it after that. I'm shure it's do-able. Cam angles should not be any problem I think? I'm no tech-man to be shure, but this seems to me just a question of tweaking the Ani-specs?.. Maybe somebody on the dev-team can expand on this? When I watch golf on tv I see this angle quite regularly, and sometimes you can even see the cameraman who does this from another angle/camera, and you can see him crouching down real low on the ground to get that great immersion feel behind the player. I love these shots.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users