#1 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:00 AM

Really impressive display of the improvements made here...

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:15 AM

Beautiful!!

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:43 AM

yea but there is still a bit of work to be done. im not saying this putt should have gone in as 

it was off track but the balls reaction should have been different.

i have had a few of these since the last update. however they are very good in all other areas.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:24 AM

Damn I hate those

#5 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:25 AM

The cup physics is about 80% I feel. I compare it with Links-03 and that is my benchmark on this. Although the dev's are still working on it ofcourse and Links is a finished product. It just goes to show how difficult it is in getting this part of the equation right. I'm confident it will all be right in the end. On a side-note I hope the golfball visibility will improve still further. I would like to see a more 'harder' white then the present ball. That too needs improvement. And that goes for the BLI pole and the flagstick too. Both are still to dark.

• ✠ davef ✠ and frank70 like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#6 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:38 AM

I too liked the Links cup physics, but there were quirks too.  I had numerous putts hit way too firmly go in when the hole suddenly became "self-aware" and sucked the putt into the side of the cup when it probably should have zoomed by. 

Generous yes, but probably not the most realistic :D

I think the PG cup now is so much better than before. 

I also didn't realize how hard it was to program a hole in the ground to act correctly.  I don't envy the programmers.  :wacko:

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#7 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

I too liked the Links cup physics, but there were quirks too.  I had numerous putts hit way too firmly go in when the hole suddenly became "self-aware" and sucked the putt into the side of the cup when it probably should have zoomed by. 

Generous yes, but probably not the most realistic :D

I think the PG cup now is so much better than before. 

I also didn't realize how hard it was to program a hole in the ground to act correctly.  I don't envy the programmers.  :wacko:

Agree with Links... you can and can't really use those cup physics as a benchmark..  especially for chipping lip outs.. always loved the chips where the ball would roll to the edge of the cup, go around the flagstick and fly another 8 ft past the hole!  hahahah

Overall, PG's has improved greatly! 

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#8 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

Although I mentioned 'benchmark' for the cup physics in Links-03, I agree that in Links too, there were a few glitches. Sometimes the cup would 'grab' a ball which should have gone by. Nice, but still a bit of a downer deep down ofcourse. But all in all, I have seen so many true to life putts a/o 'fall-in's on the last roll' a/o lipp-outs a/o '180's and even '360's around the cup, for me, they nailed it 99%. But, in all fairness to PG, I guess the engine and real emergent physics have to have something to do with it? Anyway, I agree that after every update, it's getting better and better.

• RobV likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

Since PG introduced the full white hole, the hole physics have improved immensely.

There is still work to be done, as we have seen, but I think the 'blippy' putts are much less common than in previous builds.

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

another i just had on the Swan.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#11 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

figured i put up the bad so i better put something up good.IMO everything worked perfectly on this putt.

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users