#1 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

I've just found out that the Senior Producer of HB Studios forthcoming golf game indicates the their new golf game - The Golf Pro for the PS4, XBox One and PC will be announced tomorrow.  From the information I've picked up thus far, it's sounding like a late Spring release.  I just saw this video linked on Operation Sports.... WOW!  

Oh, and I forgot to mention... it will also have a course creation utility.  It will be interesting to see if users can create courses that look as good as the courses in this video :idea:

I'm sure we'll see The Golf Pro on the PS4 and XBox One before Perfect Golf is ready to hit the consoles, but the PC version could be released at roughly the same time.  I can't imagine being able to create courses like we're seeing in the video on a console; they look way too intricate, but who knows?  

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

looks pretty good

maybe it will start a fire

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Looks very nice indeed. Only thing I don't like are the overly colourful visual aids that ruin the immersion for me. As long as it's not as arcadey as TW I'll definately give it a look. :)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

yes i thought is was good i liked the movement of the avatars cool to watch the swing and movement together.

looked to be in pretty good tune also. today is the first i have seen of this. looks like it may get a little race going to see who can get the first grab at the money, i have had a couple of friends telling me of getting invites to beta test the new golf title being made by EA to.

im willing to try anything else as WGT can wear on you after a while

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#5 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Definitely some nice things there. The golfer animation looks truly part of the scene and they've done the fog and depth-of-field just right IMO. 

Pity they seem to use their own proprietary engine.

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

well maybe this video got released early or something

it has been pulled. glad i got to see it.

Klipsch Sound System

#7 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

From the shot below, I see they're designing their courses in Unity.

jZxet3V.png

#8 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

I think it got pulled because it wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Oh, HB Studios has a dedicated website now live for the game.  You can read a lot more about it here.  The options they've listed for this game are staggering and innovative, to say the least!

http://thegolfclubgame.com/

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#9 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

From the shot below, I see they're designing their courses in Unity.

jZxet3V.png

Thanks for pointing that out shimonko, I would not have recognized that as Unity. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#10 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

Golf sim spy cam.

#11 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

Golf sim spy cam.

LOL... you dawg!  BTW, when I read this feature bullet concerning their course creator/modifer, I can't imagine all the possibilites:

GENERATE COURSES 

With four clicks of a button from the main menu the game will generate for you a never been played before course. The variation is infinite! 

If you don’t like the course that’s been generated, one click and you can generate a new one. 

If you want to tailor the courses a little more there are high-level options available to you. Examples of these are the number of holes, par distribution, fairway width, number of bunkers, green size, green slope and rough coverage. 

EDIT AND CREATE YOUR OWN COURSES 

If you have a particular course in mind, want to use your creative skills to create something from scratch or edit something the generator has created for you the game also has an in-depth editor. 

The editor gives you the ability of create from scratch or mould anything on the course. You can alter the terrain, move tees, move greens, move holes, delete holes, add holes, bunkers, rivers, ponds, trees, foliage, buildings, animals and other objects. 

During editing you can play the ball from any spot to review holes and make changes as you see fit. The minimal loading times make this practical and enjoyable.

The possibilities sound endless.  It could create problems for establishing course conventions for multiplayer play, but what a nice problem to have!  :)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#12 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

I can't say the procedural course generator appeals to me—I prefer to play someone's handiwork rather than an algorithm.

#13 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

I can't say the procedural course generator appeals to me—I prefer to play someone's handiwork rather than an algorithm.

I agree, I would think that the procedural course generator would produce courses that lacked the human touch and have more of a 'clinical' look.  It still sounds like they'll at least have a barebones, create-from-scratch course architect though.  It looks like those who go that route can create the courses on a PC, if they desire, and then have them be playable on the PC, XBox One, and PS4!?  If they pull this off, they will have blazed a trail that no else has done to date.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#14 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

One thing the procedural generator would be good for those is making it easy to host tournaments on courses that nobody has played before.

Their swing mechanic sounds good too:

We’ve created and fine tuned a swing mechanic that is more about feeling and fluidity above the users’ accuracy of hitting a marker on a power bar. Whilst anyone will be able to pick the controller up and play comfortably, the best players on the global leaderboards will be those with the best feel for the different golf shots and who are able to take into account ball lie, weather and terrain conditions.

#15 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Well... not sure what to say regarding this new development.. their Course Creator is more for the newbie than the Perfect Designer.. but it seems to work well enough and will entice those thinking about it, to try it. It's almost like a very nice 1st step into course creation, although it totally lacks the process of thought, regarding risk, reward and alot more.. it's going to amuse the console players though.

It claims to be able to share with others and I'm curious about multi-platform courses.. the video for the Creator is here ;

http://thegolfclubga...urse-creator-2/

#16 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Well... not sure what to say regarding this new development.. their Course Creator is more for the newbie than the Perfect Designer.. but it seems to work well enough and will entice those thinking about it, to try it. It's almost like a very nice 1st step into course creation, although it totally lacks the process of thought, regarding risk, reward and alot more.. it's going to amuse the console players though.

It claims to be able to share with others and I'm curious about multi-platform courses.. the video for the Creator is here ;

http://thegolfclubga...urse-creator-2/

What that video doesn't show is the 'High Level", create from scratch designer that's described in the feature list:

If you have a particular course in mind, want to use your creative skills to create something from scratch or edit something the generator has created for you the game also has an in-depth editor. 

The editor gives you the ability of create from scratch or mould anything on the course. You can alter the terrain, move tees, move greens, move holes, delete holes, add holes, bunkers, rivers, ponds, trees, foliage, buildings, animals and other objects. 

During editing you can play the ball from any spot to review holes and make changes as you see fit. The minimal loading times make this practical and enjoyable.

I've read elsewhere that you can use your PC to design courses in a manner that would be more familiar to Links 2003 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour course designers.  What's interesting is that courses created on the PC, are playable on the consoles, and I'm pretty sure, vice versa.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#17 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

I find it pretty amazing that this game suddenly pops out of the woodwork. One would think that we sim-golf nuts would have caught wind of something like this long ago. The game is obviously well into the development process. As someone else mentioned, maybe this will "start a fire".

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#18 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

It looks pretty good, thank you JCat04 for sharing but i'm sure PP is working on for the best !

I dislike arcade games & i'm for the simulations that go near to the reality.

• Topflight likes this

#19 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

It looks pretty good, thank you JCat04 for sharing but i'm sure PP is working on for the best !
I dislike arcade games & i'm for the simulations that go near to the reality.

Dude...please wake up and see that this game...pp..( which I have followed for the last 6 months) ...May...may never happen. The trailers I saw are so generic...this game is not even close to a release. I honestly give this another year,..or more.. By that time it might be outdated

#20 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

I find it pretty amazing that this game suddenly pops out of the woodwork. One would think that we sim-golf nuts would have caught wind of something like this long ago. The game is obviously well into the development process. As someone else mentioned, maybe this will "start a fire".

This game didn't just suddenly pop out of the woodwork for some of us.  There was a thread started in August of last year in the official Tiger Woods PGA Tour "Off Topic" forum at EA Sports about it.  At the time all we had to go on was a feature You Tube video that "The Game Code"  produced on the game's developer, HB Studios.  They showed brief glimpses of the course creator/architect in the feature and discussed the game briefly, showing only the top half of an early gameplay screen.  This video was made back in July of last year.

The developer has been so tight-lipped about it that nothing else was learned in the months that followed, other than to confirm that it was still in development.  So it's not like this is just a flash in the pan that hasn't been in the works for a long time.  When HB Studios decided to publish it themselves, rather than try to sign another household name, I imagine that made them play their cards closer to the vest since they were in turf unfamiliar to them.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users