107 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:24 PM

We thought it was time for an update of what we have been up to.  Since the release of the 1.3.8.2 patch we have been working on a number of parallel paths. We are not sure if we will push a bug fix patch 1.3.8.3 or jump straight to 1.3.9.0 with all the new stuff in it too.

BUILD 910743

BUILD 911419
Fixed Starting position of swing meter when changing swing types

Path 1 - Bug Fixing.. We continue to track down and fix as many bugs as we can find.  Here is a sample list of bugs that have been fixed since we pushed 1.3.8.1 and 1.3.8.2 bug fix releases

Fix Memory Leak inside UI 

Fixed F4 Camera Message in Swing meter

Elimination of Text Artifacting on Alt Tab

Fixed Flickering on Landing Cam

Added Team Colors to Team Dropdown in Pre Game

Add Outer Spline around hole cup to eliminate sudden ball movement around the edge of the cup

Added a check to close existing session when starting a new multiplayer solo or tournament round

Fix for Transparent Terrain some people are experiencing

Fix for Spectator Camera originating underground

Fix for Spectator Camera not following ball on shorter putts

Fix for Computer player hitting backwards when he has the honor following a simulator player putting out on last hole

Fix for forward snap cam catching and overtaking the ball

Fix for snap line color so it can be seen in the bunkers

Changed controller Free Cam Routine.  It is now Left Trigger and dpad down.  We did this to avoid changing the club and shot type when activating the free cam

Added Left Trigger plus Dpad Up to hide golfer on controller

Fixed hide golfer 

Fixed some F3 views going sideways

Fixed hidden bug that threw errors to console

Fix for user keys impacting computer playing while he is playing

Added back Turn grid on duwing opponents shot

Changed the way the shot shaper works with the controller.  You now move the dot around with the stick left and right without it centering back. This enables you to get it all the way into the corners with the controller 

Fixed shot center not being reset on tee box

Added device to tournament score reporting so events can be for a specific swing type down the road

Fix for TEST showing on Results screen

Client Server Clean up code to remove unnecessary calls between client and server

Changes to swing meter (6 o clock start for normal shots and less overrotation at the top)

Added Sliders for Brightness, Contrast and Saturation so you can get the game just the way you like it

Fixed a Skins bug where the game would give a tying player a putt when he was out of gimmie range

Added additional anti cheat reporting and penaties for tournaments.  Restarting using in game resume prior to clicking the post shot screen will now result in a penalty.

Improvements to the forward snap cam to stop rotation at end

Improvements to putting reverse camera

Fix for terrain going dark when camera tilts down

Fix for controller being able to use lob and pitch etc from the sand

Reduced Follow Cam Putting side offset at beginning of putt

Minor fix on Ball / Marker visibility

Fixed Pro Shop Headings

Fixed Chat so you can type while opponents ball is in play and post shot screen is up.  You still cannot type while your own post shot screen is up.  This is to ensure UI focus is maintained for controller.

Path 2 - We Continue to look to add New Features requested by our users

Custom Flags in game.

We have also now added all the tee markers to the game.  In addition we have added a Preferred Tee setting to the player general settings.  When games are created they can be set to a specific tee in which case a players preferred tee is overridden, or they can be set to any in which case the player will play from his preferred tee.  This enables multiple people on the same machine or in game to play from different tees.  For Father Son simulator players this is important.

Path 3 - We have been finalizing and adding Various Simulator Integrations

Added Trackman 3 integration (Not enabled)

Trackman 4 integration

Generic TCP IP API Bug fixing 

Sky Trak Integration

Path 4 - We have been hard at work integrating the new New Animation System

We have now added in all the new animations including a whole new way of timing the ball launch, particle effects and sounds so that they are timed properly with the club head irrespective of system performance.  In addition the new animations adjust to the terrain to eliminate the feet buried in ground. etc.

We are now about to start work on the new Real Time Swing method which will use the animation to determine ength of swing.

• KenR, Fairwayman, Ron Piskorik and 6 others like this

#2 Ch3apTrick

Ch3apTrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

When is any of this due?  Will we see an update before Christmas

I7 Devils Canyon - MSI Gaming 5 - 16gb Corsair Vengance - Zotac AMP Omega 980 ti - Asus ROG PG287Q - 120SSD Samsung - 3tb Western Digital Green - Windows 7 64bit Ulitmate - 100mb Virginmedia .

#3 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

Impressive list of bug fixes, let alone the new integrations and all the work going on with the animations.

I'm guessing that all this is being done with an eye on the calendar and clock to make sure the team gets to spend at least a little time with family over the festive season!

You can only go as fast as time and progress allows, and whilst I eagerly await what our PP Santas may bring, know that whatever falls into my stocking I'll be grateful for.

Merry Christmas to all the team at Perfect Parallel.

• remers, Kimmer1947 and IanK like this

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

Like I posted in the other threads.   Lots of stuff happening in the background.... :)

The Tee preference is a big one for us sim users.  It not only allow father/son, husband/wife, etc... to play together but it will also make it more competitive for mouse/controller players to play with simulator users.  This is a feature that most simulator software do not have.  Will be a huge plus for PP!   Kudos to Andrew for putting this in so fast.

• Ricky Proffer and DriverDivots like this

#5 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

Lot of good bug fixes.

I'm disappointed to see that new animations always seem to be the furthest out from implementation. However, I also expect that this work is fairly difficult and I'd rather wait for it to be done properly than for it to be rushed.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#6 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

We have also now added all the tee markers to the game.  In addition we have added a Preferred Tee setting to the player general settings.  When games are created they can be set to a specific tee in which case a players preferred tee is overridden, or they can be set to any in which case the player will play from his preferred tee.  This enables multiple people on the same machine or in game to play from different tees.  For Father Son simulator players this is important.

This almost makes me want to have children.

Almost.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:39 PM

No kids here either, I've always wanted all the toys.

Don't get me wrong, I love kids, for about 3 hours!

WOW! Santa and his elves sure are busy, I

can hear the hammering from way down here.

Merry Christmas PP team.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#8 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for this little news flash Andrew. I find it fascinating to see the huge amount of work going into all this. It is very interesting to follow this work in progres (albeit from a distance) and to see how much and how many areas must be covered in creating this game. It is most impressive! It can ultimately only lead to one thing, and that is that PG will be the new benchmark in golfgame simulation. Seeing all this body of work roll by makes my head spin, but it's fun to watch! Normally one just buys a finished product and starts playing it, but now, one can actually get a feel of what it takes to make it. Many thanks and may the force be with you and the whole PP/PG team! :D 

• Richard, Crow357 and trailblazergolf like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#9 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

A big Thank You to Andrew for the update. I dare say that most people, myself included, are looking forward to all the new features that you have lined up and many will be disappointed not to hear, that they are, all ready to go.

From my own POV, I always believe that the priority for this game, before new features and upgrades are implemented, is that all bugs get fixed first and that still remains the case.

I see little point in having new goodies, if other parts, of what already exists, still have issues.

So, the bug fixing patch would be very welcome.

#10 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

Considering the anti-cheat measures (that i support of course): in the last tournament i had two freezes of the game. One time the meter stuck and i had to exit. The other time my system froze completely before the tee shot. I hope the stability of the game gets better and better - it would be problematic if we get penalty strokes without cheating or trying to so at all.
  • Greensboronclion and Ted_Ball like this

#11 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Considering the anti-cheat measures (that i support of course): in the last tournament i had two freezes of the game. One time the meter stuck and i had to exit. The other time my system froze completely before the tee shot. I hope the stability of the game gets better and better - it would be problematic if we get penalty strokes without cheating or trying to so at all.

Sounds like download speed issue. Had similar problems and upgraded my wi-fi adapter to top of the range, no problems since.

Download speed went from 5-15mbs, up to 40-55mbs which is pretty good as I only have a 50mbs package.

#12 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

I have 50mb. Stability is something the devs have to provide. 5-15 mb should be enough nevertheless.

#13 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

Cheers for the update...any info on the beta release for CF too?

#14 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

Again from a Simulator user point of view the multiple tees functionality, and the speed at which it has been implemented, is an absolute credit to the developers, and only stands to prove that this game is being done by golfers, for golfers. It is greatly appreciated

• mebby and DriverDivots like this

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#15 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Again from a Simulator user point of view the multiple tees functionality, and the speed at which it has been implemented, is an absolute credit to the developers, and only stands to prove that this game is being done by golfers, for golfers. It is greatly appreciated

I'm really eyeing a simulator product for this game.  I do love that they are working hard to get it fully integrated!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#16 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

I have 50mb. Stability is something the devs have to provide. 5-15 mb should be enough nevertheless.

You just have to make sure you do the correct resume if the game crashes.  If you're not on the tee when it crashes, use the resume button that's right on the front page.  If you use the resume on the tourney page, it'll put you back on the tee and you will incur a penalty.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#17 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

Great news about the meter going back to the 6 o'clock position for drives.  Would have been nice to see a new course added since last few updates have mostly been bug fixes though.

Merry winter solstice PG for all your hard work.

#18 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

Appreciate the update; looking forward to the release of these new bug fixes and features....

Ken

#19 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

Games that are purchased through Steam are controlled by them not by PP. Download speed can vary depending on the amount of users.

A high number of gamers online can effect download speeds to a crawl, there is no issue with stability from PP's side, I believe you will find.

I did a lot of research into Steam and download speed before I committed to upgrading my Wi-Fi adapter, so I stand by OP.

• frank70 likes this

#20 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

We are not sure if we will push a bug fix patch 1.3.8.3 or jump straight to 1.3.9.0 with all the new stuff in it too.

What is the difference in naming the upgrade 1.3.8.3 and 1.3.9.0?

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users