#1 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Hi 

I´m heading over to my friends house and he has TGC installed ...  Before I have introduced him to Acrilix as a desigers, telling him Acrilix-courses are Top-Notch

Now... If we "don´t go Acrilix",what other designers shall we look out for ....

Thanks

Ola

#2 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:54 PM

Head over to the TGC Tours website. They have a ton of courses that they've reviewed. You can easily find the top courses there. Lots of good ones to chose from.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#3 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Crazycanuck1985, one of TGC's premier course designers has posted his top 50 TGC course picks for 2015 here:

http://www.hb-studio...p?topic=14059.0

-MERACE

#4 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

I hope to see courses of this caliber from the PG designing community like this new one from another premier TGC course designer, Arctic Fury  B) :

-MERACE

#5 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

The water and the lightning looks simply great in TGC there is no denying that. Especially the transitions between the different terrains and when water meets land are better than PGs.

Doesn't matter, gameplay counts and there PG is simply vastly superior.
  • Crusher likes this

#6 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Very pretty course but to my taste is still looks a bit arcadey. I bought two versions of TGC but haven't touched them in a long while. PG is THE golf game for golf enthusiasts and the new RTS will take it even further away from TGC in my opinion.
  • Crusher likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#7 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

Very pretty course but to my taste is still looks a bit arcadey. I bought two versions of TGC but haven't touched them in a long while. PG is THE golf game for golf enthusiasts and the new RTS will take it even further away from TGC in my opinion.

What part of the Ecliptic Bay course video looks "arcadey"? IMO, many of the SpeedTrees in PG do not look as realistic as the trees in TGC (especially in Boreal theme).

-MERACE

#8 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

As great as TGC looks it has always had a "video game" quality to the graphics (to my eye).  Not sure if it's things appearing too "smooth" or if its the colours of the texture palette being a bit over-saturated.  PG on the other hand simply looks more "natural" to my eye.  I've said this before but I've had instances while looking out over the countryside where it just struck me that the view "looks like PG!".  I've never felt that about TGC.  Now I'm going to have to go give that course a play.

• Crusher and IanK like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#9 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:56 PM

JoeF,

It just goes to show that opinions vary and there is no "right" answer as to what looks realistic or not. Some people prefer water color paintings over oil based paintings.

As for TGC courses being oversatured in color I certainly agree that some of the early themes represented that (especially th rural theme). However, the newer themes are much more muted and there are now many color variations for the textures now available for the themes in the GNCD.

I've only played Ecliptic Bay in medium winds (7-10 mph) and scored +1. I can only imagine what my scores will be in higher winds.

-MERACE

#10 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

I love it!!! That course looks awesome and I love the smoooooth bunker work.... Nice thanks for sharing...

I wonder if TGC designer has the 2 shape method for bunkers cause we don't have that here and I Haven't seen bunkers like that in PG either... Yet... ;)

• MERACE likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#11 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:15 AM

I've always loved the look of Arctic Fury's courses - as works of art they are top notch, but I've never enjoyed playing them. They've all been roller coaster video golf and are not my cup of tea to play. My brother feels the same, and even quit out of one of them after 9 holes, and refused to finish!

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#12 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

Thx all for the tips ... I will tell my friend

#13 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

Beautiful course, and a left handed ani to boot.

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

I love it!!! That course looks awesome and I love the smoooooth bunker work.... Nice thanks for sharing...

I wonder if TGC designer has the 2 shape method for bunkers cause we don't have that here and I Haven't seen bunkers like that in PG either... Yet... ;)

L,

When you say '2 shape method' for bunkers, do you mean bunkers with grass islands inside them? CF can do that if needed.

Hole #11 @ Florida Glades

pyIPQFu.png

Also checkout PZ's thread WIP - a few more holes, it might have what you're after Larry.

#15 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

I have over 70 courses over at TGC, some of my best are...

Churchill park

TPC Boston (new textures)

Cinnamon hills

sunningdale

glan pentref

lengua del diablo

summer and winter lakes cc

buzzards reach (tour edition)

9 holers

stark river

port malice

jungfrau pass

willowbrook golf and boat park

and many more! all created with good playability in mind

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#16 JimGem

JimGem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

Here is my playlist of many a good course and some actualy date back to closed beta,there are over 150 of them,and most of the vids are of the top courses.

https://www.youtube....aH4jsGju3WHV4y5

i7 4790k - 4.4Ghz

Msi GD65 Gaming MB

Msi Gtx  980ti Gaming 6Gb

16Gb corsair vengeance

Youtube Chanel.

http://yt.vu/c/UChIzqoownVfoNHS-4QXy_oA

#17 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

Problem with TGC is that it has no 3click meter. Bah!

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#18 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

Problem with TGC is that it has no 3click meter. Bah!

even if they could throw 3c in, the game mechanics are so simplistic and rigid it would be a disaster, plus considering how easy it is to hit straight with a pad, 3c players would be at a massive disadvantage....waste of time, HB need a kick up the arse...their initial vision for a casual golf game has now bitten them on the backside...the game has flatlined.

• SmokaSizzle likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

even if they could throw 3c in, the game mechanics are so simplistic and rigid it would be a disaster, plus considering how easy it is to hit straight with a pad, 3c players would be at a massive disadvantage....waste of time, HB need a kick up the arse...their initial vision for a casual golf game has now bitten them on the backside...the game has flatlined.

They know I think...

All the questions from Anthony on their forums lead me to believe they are *clearly* in the design phase of TGC2 behind the scenes.

• MERACE likes this

#20 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

I'm a golf nut I play all golf games I can get my hands on including TGC. My favourite course by far is Pine Valley. 

I would hope that there is enough space in the games market for two golf games to co-exist quite happily side by side in fact I think it's a good thing. Maybe one day we can have a virtual Ryder cup style game, one year they have to play our game the next we have to play theirs and let the best team win! No dev hax allowed :)

• Armand, cajuncapgun and MERACE like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users