26 replies to this topic

#1 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

Just wanted peoples thoughts on adding some crowd reactions to shots in the game.

I personally think it needs it cause when you play that great approach or make that amazing 40 foot putt there needs to be cheering making you feel like youve done a great shot.

I cant imagine it would be difficult to add a par gets u a polite applause a birdie gets u a cheer eagle or an ace big applause  and reaction, bogeys or worse gets u groans from the crowd (even tho there arent any) lol.

What u guys think i just think it would add to the atmosphere of the game.

• Ch3apTrick likes this

#2 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

I'm sure there will be more atmosphere than there is now - I understand birds make a welcome appearance in the next update and other wildlife in the future.

As long as it's an option, I think a cheers/groans would be a good addition, but I'd personally have them switched off most of the time as I like to feel I'm alone with nature on the course!

#3 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

i wont need any crowdstuff too, but better nature sounds yes

#4 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

Galleries would make it interesting, no way to do it visually w/o  big performance hit.

#5 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

I always enjoyed the crowd noise in other golf games after I got in the zone my mind would trick me that I was part of something going on as the crowd cheered or were in shock at the water shots.  - don't need the blimps though the persons in the crowd that would get hit and injured at times by my misshots were a welcome sight too. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#6 Ron Piskorik

Ron Piskorik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationFlorham Park, NJ

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

These are all things that we want in the game but it is still in EA and PP has a small team.  I say let them get the the basic game with all the swing mechanisms done first.

The bells and whistles can be added after full release.

I think they have already created a golf game that has better physics and mouse swing than the old golf games.  

• Charles, robbiet71 and Ch3apTrick like this
Alienware Area 51 R2
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six Core (15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Intel® X99 Chipset (Intel® DHX99 PCH)
32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main
Centauri CPU heatsink
4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5
Killer™ E2200 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card
Integrated Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Logitech G810 Artemis Spectrum gaming keyboard
Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2716DG at 2560 X 1440
Logitech Gaming Mouse G502

3 Click PRO Level

#7 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

Keep in mind that as nice as these things would be there are two factors to consider.  Time and money.  To do it right requires lots of both.   :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#8 capitaine25_

capitaine25_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

I totally agree that this game need atmosphere, commentary, crowds, courses object, wildlife.. etc etc...

• RobV likes this

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

Never played Links with crowds on or an tournament scripts.

Just me, the course and ambient sounds.

Not saying galleries and stuff shouldn't be in, but for me they would never be enabled.

• fungolfer, erwildcat and Greensboronclion like this

#10 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:02 AM

I used to play as Jesper in Links.  His speech scripts started to grate after a few years but I liked knowing I'd hit a good shot when he gave the fist pump or the head nod.  Crowd reactions or even crowds in general I can take or leave, but player animations - definitely.

#11 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

I was/am big into soundscripting for Links... I love it.   Don't care about the whole, "sim" experience... I like to have fun when playing golf, especially in video games and stuff like this makes it fun for me... so yeah, crowds, ambient sounds, player banter and one-liners.. I am all for it! 

• capitaine25_ likes this

#12 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:36 AM

crowd noise and play scrips are nice to have --i'm sure they will become available in the future--from a outside source you cud add to game :)

#13 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

To have a full version release to the public ambiance is imperative.  It's all there waiting to be added.  These guys weren't born yesterday.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#14 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

Perhaps you could 'rent-a-crowd' as DLC.
I, for one, just like playing with the sounds of the birds and my own running commentary.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#15 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

Everything in due time. First things first. First order of business is getting the engine dynamics as close to perfection as possible. All the other 'stuff' is add-on glitch. I'm all for that, knowing how much fun that can be, but I'd rather have a Great sim with few add-ons then a weak sim with lots of extra's. There is enough of that around after all. Once the PG team gets the fundamentals nailed, everything else can be put into place. In due time. This is EA after all, and so it's testing, trying, changing, optimizing and again testing etc. The most important thing is to get the basics right and that's difficult enough. So let's stay the course and be patient.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#16 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

I recall there was someone at Links who produced huge sound scripts taken from TV commentaries and I found they added a lot in terms of atmosphere.  They were so huge that the repetition of comments wasn't too frequent.  The OP's suggestion of crowd reactions would be much simpler to do and, though there are no actual crowds, I for one would like to have them in the game.  

• RobV likes this

#17 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

100 % agrée !!  mais sera t'il possible d'intégrer les nouveau son d'acclamation de spectateur ? 

#18 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

I recall there was someone at Links who produced huge sound scripts taken from TV commentaries and I found they added a lot in terms of atmosphere.  They were so huge that the repetition of comments wasn't too frequent.  The OP's suggestion of crowd reactions would be much simpler to do and, though there are no actual crowds, I for one would like to have them in the game.  

Yip, that's Terry with his fantastic TKS soundscripts; http://linkscorner.o...pic.php?t=32071

Very enjoyable and very original material. His last one is enormous and a real treat to have on the background. The other one I also like is the 'UK-tribute' soundscript with all the BBC guys on board. Both scripts feature Peter Alliss big time so it's garanteed laughter and banter allround. :D I hope somebody eventually will pick up on this for PG. If it's well done it does add a lot of fun playing.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

Regards the galleries, what would folks be expecting from PP?

Billboard spectators who were static or full 3D with reactions?

What does TGC have in the way of galleries as a comparison, as we know Rory has the full on tournament trimmings.

#20 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

TGC has no galleries.  They have "John" who talks about your shots and gives encouragements.  I thought he was done pretty well for the most part.

For me, if the crowds are billboards like Links or Tiger Woods (I haven't seen Rory), they'll be off.

• MERACE likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users