11 replies to this topic

#1 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

The hacker harry avatar/golfer is so boring i would like a system where we could build our own avatar/goler,i know it may seem silly to some but it would be fun to create your own avatar/golfer. It would be a great addition ,im sure there would be a bit of work involved for the developers to do this .I dont just mean change of outfits if they could do it in a game like tiger woods 08 im sure it is possible in a modern day golf game

#2 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:25 AM

@maxie

That was addressed long ago about creating golfers like Tiger Woods 2008.  It is not going to happen any time soon.

• maxie likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#3 SeventyFour

SeventyFour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:32 AM

More avatars are on the way, currently, not sure custom avatars are in the works.
Perfect Golf Beta Team Member

#4 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:48 AM

Thats cool but they would also become boring to look at after a while .I understand the physics and all the stuff is hard to make a true golf sim and thats what this is and i appreciate it , individual avatars would just be a bit of fun

#5 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

We need a female and right and left hand male and female avatar be4 anything else.. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#6 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

I guess your correct Dennis maybe i was just looking for too much

#7 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:07 AM

I'm onboard with doing as much as possible to personalize the golfers each player uses in the game.  It must not be a easy feat to have the Gameface feature that Tiger Woods PGA Tour had from 2008 to 2014, which not only allowed the gamer to reproportion the avatars height, weight, and build, but paste a digital image over the avatars head to produce a hauntingly realistic recreation of themselves.  I say because the latest "Next-Gen" golf game from EA Sports has nothing approaching it.

What I would like to see for starters is at least have some means of distinguishing your golfer.  Even if it's only an option to choose eye color, hair color, facial hair, select noses, ears lips, eyebrows from a limited list of options.  As much as I appreciate the camera options that are a part of Perfect Golf (Playing Companion Camera and the option to have a reverse angle snap view about 75% into the shot is darn near 'perfect'), I find it lacking in personality.  I think uniquely appointed golfers, even if its only in the limited choices I've described above, would spice up the game in the personality department. 

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#8 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

I guess your correct Dennis maybe i was just looking for too much

Your not asking for to much maxie!  More is good!  AS a lefty, playing right handed just isn't natural.  LOL!  And the ladies need a female golfer in the worst way. 

• Wendy445 likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#9 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

In Links I eventually learned how to add my own shirts, shoes, and clubs with some light Photoshop work. I'm happy to do the work myself if the files are accessible and allow for manipulation.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

In Links I eventually learned how to add my own shirts, shoes, and clubs with some light Photoshop work. I'm happy to do the work myself if the files are accessible and allow for manipulation.

PP are not going to make the files accessible if they want to earn revenue from sales of these things.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:56 PM

I can confirm at least, that male lefty is done (currently in private test build).

#12 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

PP are not going to make the files accessible if they want to earn revenue from sales of these things.

Couldn't agree more. Once the decision was made to make all user designed courses free it pretty much guaranteed that anything cosmetic beyond what the default settings allow you is going to be pay as you go. As stated, if these guys are going to profitable over the long haul there has to be a steady flow of income. Allowing people to create their own clothes, balls, clubs, etc, would be foolish. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users