47 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Many of you have asked for an update of where we are.  Attached is a pdf showing all the completed features of Perfect Golf.  In our latest build we have about 6 remaining reported bugs relating to these features.

This is basically our completed Simulator Build.  We are currently adding some additional functionality, which I have listed below which will form the 1.1 release of the Sim Build

Handicaps within scoring

Full Featured Practice Mode

Full USGA Hazard Rules and Drops

Mini Games (Nearest the Pin, Longest and Straightest Drive, Putting Challenge and Drive Chip & Putt Challenge

Once that is released we will switch focus to the PC Game as well as some additional  improvements designed to make the game playable in a variety of different PC environments.  This will result in a dual development path

PC Developments

Animations

Swing Meter Refinements

Mouse Swing Refinements

Improvements to Game

LOD Implementation Improvements

Course Forge save in Unity Free

Once these are complete we will seek to put up a Early Access on Steam.

Thats about it in a nutshell.  

AndrewAttached File  Perfect Golf Fact Sheet (1).pdf   105.15KB   155 downloads

• Jimbo63, JoeF, Ron Piskorik and 6 others like this

#2 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Good to hear you guys are hard at work...Also, after the Steam release, do you guys have plans for making it available for consoles?  Thanks

#3 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

Thanks Andrew, your staffs hard work is appreciated even if it isn't always apparent.

#4 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for the update Andrew!  Much appreciated.  Looking forward to playing the early access version of PG.

#5 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for the update Andrew. I do enjoy a bit of good news now and then

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#6 magginoodles

magginoodles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Trying to be patient... lurking about the forums from time to time to find any updates. 

All the best finishing off the game... I look forward to purchasing it when it comes out :D

#7 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Appreciate the update and info AJ. Will look forward to the early access availability!

Ken

#8 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

appreciate the update mate

we aussies downunder are waiting patiently for release, thanks for the info, cobber, digger , sport

golfs the only game i know where you shout four, shoot six and write down five

#9 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Great news and that's the way to put together a feature list!  A lot of my boxes were "ticked" by it :)   Can't wait to see how the three camera modes work; I'm still longing for a player perspective camera that shifts to a reverse angle/panning/tracking camera at ~75% of the ball's travel.  Maybe there will be some degree of user configurability in Perfect Golf to make this a reality?   

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#10 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

So were not really going to be able to move around the course with an WASDFV key's?  Like in TW's 08?   When TWO came out, you could only hit a button and you were flown straight to your destination, you couldn't move around by using those key's, it was quite Lame..... I hope the cameras here will give us more.... Its nice to be able to move around and check out the terrain.. I know some will say, "well that's not like real golf' but I don't like being handcuffed and in real golf I can walk around At my own pace and check things out....

In TW's 08 you can move forward, backward, left, right, up and down and zoom to target.. Accept while in Expert mode, you could not zoom to target, making expert more realistic.. Options I hope... ;)

It's just fun to be able to look around, not a deal killer though...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#11 Maverick Spirit

Maverick Spirit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Andrew, thanks for the update on the state of development for PG, it's greatly appreciated, as I've been looking forward to hearing the progress of the games development.

I still have many questions about the game itself but, I'll only ask one right now and hold off on the remainder until you move further along with the games development and release more detailed information and/or updates.

Under Software/Platforms you state Windows 7 or 8 , Mac and Linux.  Does that mean PG will not be compatable with XP and Vista?

Because for me and I'm sure others this is a dealbreaker. I'm not going to upgrade my software just to play PG.

#12 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the update, Andrew. The Feature Summary looks very promising :) . It hope there will be an Early Access model on Steam.

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

So were not really going to be able to move around the course with an WASDFV key's?  Like in TW's 08?   When TWO came out, you could only hit a button and you were flown straight to your destination, you couldn't move around by using those key's, it was quite Lame..... I hope the cameras here will give us more.... Its nice to be able to move around and check out the terrain.. I know some will say, "well that's not like real golf' but I don't like being handcuffed and in real golf I can walk around At my own pace and check things out....

In TW's 08 you can move forward, backward, left, right, up and down and zoom to target.. Accept while in Expert mode, you could not zoom to target, making expert more realistic.. Options I hope... ;)

It's just fun to be able to look around, not a deal killer though...

Our development path has three modes of play

1) Fast Play - Each player hits and is taken to the location of his next shot in turn

2) Free Play (Cart) - Each player hits from tee and has to get into a cart to go find his ball.  There will then be a difficulty setting that will give him an indicator when he is near his ball and identify his ball.  the difficulty level is a function of how close to the ball you have to get before the indicator comes on

3) Free Play (Walk) Each player walks to his ball as above.

It is unlikely this will be a part of the Early Release but it is in the development path

• Perculator likes this

#14 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Under Software/Platforms you state Windows 7 or 8 , Mac and Linux.  Does that mean PG will not be compatable with XP and Vista?

Because for me and I'm sure others this is a dealbreaker. I'm not going to upgrade my software just to play PG.

Perfect Golf does currently run on XP.  We just do not advertise it as we are not sure we want to support it in our Simulators as most will be creating or buying a PC.  

#15 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Good to hear you guys are hard at work...Also, after the Steam release, do you guys have plans for making it available for consoles?  Thanks

Again, once we have a Sim Release, then a PC MAC and Linux release we will shift focus to either Consoles / IOS / Android

• Davefevs likes this

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

This thread just made my day.

So pleased to hear things are happening with Perfect Golf.

I've been playing The Golf Club through all their betas and they are just going in a direction I'm not into.  

Zillions of garbage courses, no weather or conditions settings yet and very sketchy physics in lots of places. (and their mouse swing absolutely sucks)

Everything "looks" great with their visuals, but it falls off quickly once you get past that (for me anyhow).

#17 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

My concern is the same as Maverick's. I have Vista operating system and would be extrememly bummed if it's not compatible because I can't afford to upgrade to a new computer for a golf game, it's just not in my budget. Fingers crossed.

#18 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

Looks great so far. Hope you guys will find the keys to add all the features, but I'm sure you will.

One question: What about spectators? I can wait for that, but would be great for the community to have that option :)

Who cares...

#19 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Andrew:

I posted a question to Mike in another thread and never received an answer.  Can you elaborate on this:

Are you considering an evolutionary product release (like TGC) or will you only release PG in a fully featured state?

• Jim Boags likes this

#20 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

Sounds interesting Andrew, thank you for the quick reply...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users