13 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

So just wanted to continue to give you a little update on some of the things we are doing this week

1) Camera System

Continuing work on the camera system to get it just so.  Small adjustments to field of view etc

2) Resume, Restart Load

Working on the networking code to notify host when a client has left the game, give him options as to what to do, prompts to users starting PG that last game ended unexpectedly would you like to rejoin etc.  Allowing an online game to resume from last shot etc.

3) More Bug fixes

Andrew

• JoeF, Ron Piskorik, Perculator and 5 others like this

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Thanks AJ

Might not the "News and Information" section of the Forums be a better place for your updates? Because here in "General" they tend to be pushed down the list quite quickly - by all the members who need to post their impatient outcries in the many "Give us an Update!" or "What's the Status?" threads...  ;)  

• fungolfer and Ron Piskorik like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I agree to what K11 said. And thx AJ, good to see you guys are moving forward on your lists. I love point 2 :)

Who cares...

#4 sreeda43

sreeda43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSt George, Utah USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

These regular updates are much desired. They put an end to speculation while building confidence that things are progressing. Thanks

#5 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

From what I understand the "News and Information" is for the PP Company in general . AJ post updates on Perfect Golf here .... thats ok with me ... 

• Tigers Agent likes this

#6 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

Thanks Andrew. So I know you dont like to give release dates but how many more things do you gotta check off your todo list before early release on Steam?

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#7 brandyyy67

brandyyy67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

AJ   is  there  no  chance  whatsoever  that  you  guys  could  release  even  a  1  hole  demo  on  steam   or  even  post  an  in  game  vidio  at least .... to  keep  us  interested  while  you  iron  out  the  tweaks  of  the  game???

• DaShotShapa and remers like this

#8 Triplexy

Triplexy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

This always happens - you start giving weekly updates and people just want more. It won't matter how much you give, some people will still want more so why bother? Way to encourage weekly updates lads!  Make them regret opening their mouths. I've seen ingame videos posted and I've only been following for a few months, why haven't you?

You'd get bored with a 1 hole demo after 10 minutes and be wanting more after you finished criticising it for being incomplete.  It's like giving a beggar some coin and then he and other beggars crowd you for more, or giving charities money and they don't stop ringing.  If that didn't happen, I'd gladly give more.

• fungolfer, Harald, Perculator and 1 other like this

#9 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Everything takes time brandy, you just don't flick a switch and a 1 hole demo appears on Steam. All this does is make the rest of the game take longer. I'd rather let PP, who know their commercial priorities, choose what they work on. It's not like they don't know people are hungry.

• fungolfer and Perculator like this

#10 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Thank you for status update, it makes a lot of us happy !

#11 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

AJ   is  there  no  chance  whatsoever  that  you  guys  could  release  even  a  1  hole  demo  on  steam   or  even  post  an  in  game  vidio  at least .... to  keep  us  interested  while  you  iron  out  the  tweaks  of  the  game???

I appreciate that PP are too busy developing the game right now to create a demo or video showing the progress of PG.  However, couldn't the alpha testers be allowed to create and post a video of the gameplay similar to what Kablammo11's has been doing with his Course Forge postings?

-MERACE

#12 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Oh, but we have been allowed to do that, MERACE.

I published one, but then decided against doing some more, because as long as there is no player animation included, it will always look sorely incomplete, even defective - and it's not possible to appeal to the imagination of a wider public by promising them that there will be one eventually.

It's dangerous to present something as unfinished as this pre-alpha was. For instance, the placeholder swing meter was never intended to last beyond alpha. Yet viewers who do not know that may assume that it was a permanent design, and start critizising it... And then, at least on my end, there was an FPS issue, considerable lag, and that, too, might lead viewers to assume all sorts of things about performance etc...

I do agree with you that PP badly needs to get some gameplay videos out there. Aah, how time flies: I urged them to do exactly that some 20 months ago, at the time of the Kickstarter... Based on what I have at my disposal today, PG is still not quite ready for the limelight. I assure you that as soon as there is something of interest to capture in video and show around, I will be all over it. Been waiting for that long enough...

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#13 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Kablammo11:

I kinda thought that was the case since PG is still in pre-alpha phase.

It's definitely better for everyone (publisher and consumer) to wait until the game is at least in the beta development phase before showing gameplay to the viewing public.  HB Studios waited until closed beta before allowing the testers to release videos of the game.

-MERACE

#14 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

This always happens - you start giving weekly updates and people just want more. It won't matter how much you give, some people will still want more so why bother? Way to encourage weekly updates lads!  Make them regret opening their mouths. I've seen ingame videos posted and I've only been following for a few months, why haven't you?

You'd get bored with a 1 hole demo after 10 minutes and be wanting more after you finished criticising it for being incomplete.  It's like giving a beggar some coin and then he and other beggars crowd you for more, or giving charities money and they don't stop ringing.  If that didn't happen, I'd gladly give more.

I didnt say that. I was just curious. Damn dont get ur panties in a bunch. All I asked for was an estimate on how many more things they have to do.

• Tigers Agent likes this
MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users