#1 Lee Trevino

Lee Trevino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Morning all, I've been using RTSC for a few days now and I love it! My accuracy is much better as regards to FIR & GIR, however putting has been killing me! but im getting better each round with practice.
Am I right in thinking that the speed of your follow through has an affect also when putting? As well as the length of the backswing. I have no probs reading greens,it's just getting that follow through speed just right that I need to nail.
I did buy a PS4 and Rory Mcilroy, the other day too, and Buck is right! When I jumped back on PG.....Wow! I felt like I was playing a professional game of golf again! The feel and feedback you get from PG is sublime! Keep up the great work PG!

Now, I am going to continue with RTSC and keep practicing, but im just a bit worried about how it will affect my scores on the OGT Mini Tour, obviously I want to be competitive, but I hope the powers that be don't think I'm 'sandbagging' lol if my scores drop through the floor!
Anyone else here swapped methods whilst on tour?
I've registered for the Golden Meadows comp, and it will be my first comp with rtsc, but just wanted a bit of advice before I tee it up in the first round.

Cheers all.

#2 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

1st off are you  LEE TRAVINO the pro golfer ?, I had to ask lol. I use RTSc on OGT and I swapped over when the controller RTS  system was implemented. I love it, but my scores dropped, I am now getting much better with practice, the short game and putting are the hardest part for me but I am sure it will improve.

OGT are starting a new RTS tour next week with different levels of play Pro. Am. beginner etc. so you be able to start at the bottom and play your way to the top.

see you on tour good luck

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

I feel your pain but trust me it will get better but it takes a lot of practice.  I switched to the the controller from MS due to shoulder issue and was taking about 40 plus putts every round and now am down to around 30 and have been as low as 22 but sometimes I still have the dreaded five putt.  lol.  To me its all about feel and once you figure that out you will get it and your putting will improve and one piece of advise is to keep your stroke to one piece just like in real life and dont try to take it back ultra slow and hold it and then come thru.  Also and even tempo going back and following thru helped me a great bit.  To me with the controller those 3 and 4 ft breaking putts are a real bear and that still gets me where I end up with a 10 footer coming back but getting much better.  No doubt in my mind the RTS-C putting is the hardest to master but lots of rewards if you do.  I hope that helps and hang in there.

#4 Lee Trevino

Lee Trevino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

@Samterrence: LOL ! No Sir, not the real Lee! And I'll look into that RTS tour thanks!

Thanks for the tips Greensboronclion, I definitely will keep using this method now, it's so satisfying when you nail good shots and especially putts! Yep I'd rather have longer putts too, the distance of backswing for 8ft and below is miniscule! I try to think of Sned's and his little pop stroke!

#5 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

the distance of backswing for 8ft and below is miniscule! 

That's exactly what I thought when I first switched to RTS-C. Then I started watching some replays of my strokes from the side view and found that the backswing length was actually pretty realistic. The problem is from the angle of the default cams you get such a foreshortening effect that it looks like you are barely moving the club for short putts. I'm not sure what the best solution would be for the devs. To fake the swing a little for short putts allowing for greater movement or for the game to switch to an overhead view allowing you to see the swing length more accurately. The latter can be done by using the freecam before each putt, but it's a bit time consuming and I for one certainly can't be bothered to do that.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#6 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:44 PM

What about a top view or around waist high view looking at the putter as a human would then u can see just how far u can pull it back? I think this would be the solution for the putting

#7 hawkeye53

hawkeye53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationpuerto galera

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

I'm using the controller now also and am hitting many more fairways than I used to, but putting is killing me also! It's really difficult to figure out how far to bring the putter back and how hard to bring it through. But I love using the controller and have no plans on going back to 3 click. I just wish there was a way to navigate the menus with the mouse and not have to use the controller for everything. Mskes it hard to host a game when you have no way of sending invites. Unless I'm missing something? Oh and those dreaded 5 putts!

#8 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

What about a top view or around waist high view looking at the putter as a human would then u can see just how far u can pull it back? I think this would be the solution for the putting

There used to be a top player camera that I used for all shots.  You essentially look down at the ball and it was very simple to see how far back you took your putter, as well as other clubs.  The only problem I ran into with the top camera was that it only showed 15 feet of putt length, so you couldn't see the hole if you had a longer putt.  Sadly (in my opinion), that camera doesn't exist anymore - not sure if it was removed by design or it's a glitch/bug, but I'm guessing the former to avoid having to deal with the distance seen issue.   Hopefully I'm wrong and it returns some day.

#9 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

I guess u can figure out on how hard to hit from the normal view and switch to the over head to hit..shouldn't the distance be on the screen anyways to the flag?I guess it would be a lot easier to do that than move the camera on ur on to the side to see...

#10 Lee Trevino

Lee Trevino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

That RTS Tour........We can only play in one tour at a time though right?

Putting and short game improved massively yesterday, cheers chaps! Shot -1 in first round at Golden Meadows, I had about 4 or 5 birdies, but a few bogies also because of that brutal wind! Damn it was tough!

I'm Happygilmore on the Mini Tour btw, forgot to mention it before.

#11 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

You can play in the RTS plus 1 of the 4 regular tours.

RTS tour will soon be hosting RTS events at different levels.  But you can only play in one RTS event per week.   Similar to real professional golf.

• Lee Trevino likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users