Photo

Any news on when this game is going to get fixed?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

As per title, any news on any possible fix?

Since the 64bit downgrade this game has been nothing but troublesome. Solo tournament rounds are a nightmare. online play with more than 2 people is unplayable. PINGS, PINGS, PINGS.

I could go on and on with the problems but most have already been mentioned before.

Its embarrassing to see on Facebook that you state now is the time to buy this game. Hmmmm.

Needs fixing and soon!

#2 sandybunker

sandybunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

There was a post somewhere earlier in the week saying a new build was forthcoming....although I have to say it's the best 15 quid I've spent on a game for sheer enjoyment bugs here and there or not. ... Remember it's early access too so it's to be expected.
  • DriverDivots likes this

I7 3770k

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 670

240GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD

#3 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

There was a post somewhere earlier in the week saying a new build was forthcoming....although I have to say it's the best 15 quid I've spent on a game for sheer enjoyment bugs here and there or not. ... Remember it's early access too so it's to be expected.

I have been playing early access since day 1 (which was around January 2015), and have not seen the game as bad as it is currently. My expectations of this game were always met on each update until they gave us the 64bit version. This has brought far too many bugs/problems which should not be expected 16 months down the line.

• Ron Piskorik and worrybirdie like this

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

Should be real soon.  The multiplayer tests this week have gone very well.  We're testing another build that fixes some MOP bugs we found yesterday.  Hopefully not too much longer of a wait for the next update.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

ummmmmm--i've not had any problems at all--all works well !!

• brokenclub likes this

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

Maybe thread title should have said multiplayer.

I play OGT events regularly and the game gives me no issues whatsoever regards connectivity.
  • Ian, Tresclub and Greensboronclion like this

#7 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

I played an OGT tourney (solo) today that actually crashed (froze) on me 4 times. The last time was after I had hit my 2nd shot to the 18th green, then when i got back in the game it had me on the 17th tee playing my 4th shot. At that point I quit of my own accord and will not play any more tourneys until things get sorted.

Its not very often that I get a trouble free tourney game since last update.

#8 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:29 PM

I play OGT events regularly and the game gives me no issues whatsoever regards connectivity.

Same here....

• Ian likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

I played an OGT tourney (solo) today that actually crashed (froze) on me 4 times. The last time was after I had hit my 2nd shot to the 18th green, then when i got back in the game it had me on the 17th tee playing my 4th shot. At that point I quit of my own accord and will not play any more tourneys until things get sorted.
Its not very often that I get a trouble free tourney game since last update.

Game crashed 4 times in one round? That sounds like an issue with your system.

And looks like you got resume penalty. Did you resume from the main page or from tournaments, public?
  • ed dawson likes this

#10 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

I have had a couple of 18th hole funnies, but just replayed the hole, think I got penalised once, just thought...oh well and carried on.

I also have not had connection issues, just a slightly stuttery meter playing 3C as others seem to be reporting, but I just think...early access, being worked on, will get better....still best £15 I have spent in a long while tbh.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#11 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

Same here.  Haven't run into any problems... yet.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

I played a few OGT rounds today with no issues and have not had any other issues in other rounds either.

#13 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

Game crashed 4 times in one round? That sounds like an issue with your system.

And looks like you got resume penalty. Did you resume from the main page or from tournaments, public?

I get what you are saying.

However, if I play normal solo rounds (non tournament) I very rarely get any problems. If I play multiplayer (both hosting and joining) apart from the recent ping issues, I rarely get problems. If I play a solo tourney (and this has been for quite a while, even before 64bit update) I get issues where the game freezes and I have to 'kill' the game and re login. I think it may be API related.

#14 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Not enough data in the api to cause any issue.  

#15 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:37 PM

The multi-player ping problem is not limited to 3 or more players. It also occurs when just 2 players try a match. My playing partner and I have swapped being the host without success.  The inability to play with friends and/or other players because of the ping issue is the worst problem I've encountered. And I signed up on day #1.

I hope Crow357 is in the know and a fix is definitely coming soon.  The ping rates problem is a big turnoff for current members, and frankly, the time taken to fix the problem is disheartening. I gave Perfect Golf a very positive review on Steam several weeks ago, but I'd be hard pressed to do the same at this time. 

#16 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

I love multiplayer and playing single isn't as much fun unless I'm going to play one rd or practice ..but I haven't played multi in a while be couse of the lag is so bad most of the time...or somebody has to drop out...takes all the fun out of it

#17 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:14 PM

The multi-player ping problem is not limited to 3 or more players. It also occurs when just 2 players try a match. My playing partner and I have swapped being the host without success.  The inability to play with friends and/or other players because of the ping issue is the worst problem I've encountered. And I signed up on day #1.

I hope Crow357 is in the know and a fix is definitely coming soon.  The ping rates problem is a big turnoff for current members, and frankly, the time taken to fix the problem is disheartening. I gave Perfect Golf a very positive review on Steam several weeks ago, but I'd be hard pressed to do the same at this time. 

Crow knows.  :)

#18 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:15 AM

Just got a black screen playing Augusta (I know...the game isn't warrantied for it <_< ). After all the frustrations (and it wasn't all frustrations) with the AI unable to make long and short iron shots when set at 10 with all aids set to full (it was supposed to be Justin Rose...didn't play like him at all), I wasn't able to stick a green from 110 yds uphill after multiple tries using every technique I could muster (I have mulligans on like a good game tester), I got fed up and turned it off. Sure, I'll be playing again soon. No, I don't envy the devs for getting this kind of flack. But I just kinda feel like, having been into this from near the start, that I'm getting a little weary.

BTW: the map won't stay on and neither does the grid. I know these are things that were broken with the last fix...and they're being worked on...2 steps forward? ;)

#19 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

well, Agusta course is one ot the most diff ones to stay on the green on approach.

but i absolutely odnt have the probs you describe on the 64 bit version. it runs way smoother for me.

i think part of the confusion is, there are sooo many putersetups, no one is identical, and thats why btw almost

the whole gaming scene went to consoles, thats one fixed machine.

To run games well on windows takes some tuning to get it optimal.

the same i see happens in other windows games like fsx...some ppl run it well, me, others not, and those complain.

i understand that, fact is windows is not a very optimal gameing platform.

#20 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:39 AM

I have been running games on many different versions of windows over the years.

What you dont realise is that I havent changed my windows settings since before the 64bit upgrade. Before the upgrade the game ran quite well on my computer. Now it doesn't. So if my windows settings were optimal before, why are they not now? Nothing has changed my end, the changes came with the 64bit version, and for me they do not work very well at all.

• mistajam and Golden Bear like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users