• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 mathia14

mathia14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

If so, when??????????????????????????????????  I'm tired of that crap golf at WGT.

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

In reply to your thread topic - Yes, the plan is for PP to release their game and course designer.

In reply to your post - When they are ready.

Although they had previously aimed for Winter 2013, they realised the error of their ways and that it was a very optimistic release date, so like any company would they are not making that same mistake twice. Both the game and course designer are currently in closed-beta testing, but no release dates have been offered.

The wait goes on.

#3 brandyyy67

brandyyy67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

hi  daz....i  guess  you  will be  one  of  the  beta  testers  and  prob  held  by  disclosure   but  can  anybody   give  us   any  info  on  how  the  game,s  shaping  up , im  not  knocking  PP  but  you  got  to  admit  that  there  info  is  very  limited  to  say  the  least..im  sure  it  would  ease  alot  of  people,s  minds  and  do  there  future  sales  of  the  game  no  harm  if  they  could  up  the  ante  a  bit  and  release  even  a  3  hole  gameplay  vidio  showcasing  where  they  are  currently  at

#4 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Simple honesty would be wonderful

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

So if AJ or MJ came on here and said they don't have a release date at the moment, would you be happy with their honesty, or would you give them grief for not giving you a release date?

As Brandy surmised, I am part of the closed ALPHA/BETA but there is still plenty to be done both with PG and CF and as a tester I wouldn't like to guess on a release date at the moment. PG is looking good don't get me wrong and good progress is being made. From the feedback the testers are providing, they like me want this to be the best game and course designer possible.

I don't think I'm breaching any NDA when I say that I don't think that the PG ALPHA/BETA is quite ready yet to even see a limited hole demo made available.

Hope you're happy with my honesty Teddy?

;)

• remers likes this

#6 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Perfect

That's all I (on behalf of many) ask for.

#7 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:44 AM

How many more threads like this are there going to be? I am as anxious for the game as anyone, was part of the Kickstarter, and typically visit the site every day to check on progress or lack of. I have yet to see where complaining about the lack of information has made one bit of difference on when the game will be released. I am willing to bet the developers are just as anxious to see the game released as we are, and are working toward that goal as quickly as possible. I, for one, plan to purchase the game no matter when it is released.

• fungolfer, Keith and remers like this

#8 Mike Grimsley

Mike Grimsley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKenucky

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Yea tired of waiting also,WGT draining my wallet. I found a new game   THE GOLF CLUB X_box and PS4 and PC. Still checking it out and haven't bought yet but It looks great released last month.  I waiting till PP comes on line and then will check out both. 

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

You have to remember, unlike HB Studios, who released The Golf Club, Perfect Parallel are not a game development studio. They are basically making use of their simulator software and converting this to make it a playable golf game, with a golf course designer.

This may be having a bearing on the time it is taking.

#10 brandyyy67

brandyyy67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

can  they  publish  a  vidio  of  there  simulator  in  action  then?

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

can  they  publish  a  vidio  of  there  simulator  in  action  then?

G,

I'm sure they could. You just need to ask them.

Here's something Erik Lugris uploded to YouTube a few years ago when it was called Perfect Range Software. I'm sure their software may have seen a few changes since this clip was done, what with partnerships that have been signed etc.

;)

#12 Modman1

Modman1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMeridian, Idaho

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Yea tired of waiting also,WGT draining my wallet. I found a new game   THE GOLF CLUB X_box and PS4 and PC. Still checking it out and haven't bought yet but It looks great released last month.  I waiting till PP comes on line and then will check out both. 

I understand everyone wants new but Links 2003 with all the upgrades and new courses is still such a great game.  What makes people either not try it or quit it.  Been playing for years and never tire of how real it feels and plays.

• Dazmaniac, fran21356, ed dawson and 2 others like this

#13 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Ditto Modman1

#14 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

I understand everyone wants new but Links 2003 with all the upgrades and new courses is still such a great game.  What makes people either not try it or quit it.  Been playing for years and never tire of how real it feels and plays.

Have to agree. I see all these guys coming in from WGT complaining about how horrible it is for whatever reason and I have to wonder why they have not tried Links 2k3? Even a mid range system can run it at full speed and it is still a great golf sim.

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#15 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

I also agree. It is a great game and the one I will compare PP to while testng the Alpha and also when it is released.

I run a site, KISS Tours which hosts 5 Tours and plan to keep running it for as long as we can get at least 15 or so players participating.  Hopefully for a long time after PP is released.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#16 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Like Jerry, I run my own offline golf tour site for Links 2003, and have every intention of keeping it going as long as the members are still wanting to play. There may come a time that the numbers get to a level that it becomes pointless in continuing, but whilst the tour is populated enough, we carry on.

The ideal intention would be to gently migrate from Links 2003 to Perfect Golf somewhere down the road and offer the same tour but with the new game.

• Pappy likes this

#17 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

Dazmaniac, on 03 Sept 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:Dazmaniac, on 03 Sept 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

The ideal intention would be to gently migrate from Links 2003 to Perfect Golf somewhere down the road and offer the same tour but with the new game.

I have considered that and with a 2K3 style scorecard in PP Golf I could do it but without one it is impossible for me as our score uploading program uses the Links scorecard.txt file to read and post scores submitted to the various KISS Tours automatically. And I have no way of doing it manually so there is no way I could continue KISS Tours with a PP Golf game. :(

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Ease up Jez.

We have no idea as yet what type of output the PP guys are aiming for from their game. They may go down a similar road to Links and offer SCORE and STAT files that can be output as a .txt or they may manage to collate all the info in to an .xls or .csv

I'm sure this will come up at some point during the gameplay testing phase, so don't give on KISS not being PG compatible just yet, lol.

;)

#19 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

good news also in here but we have to wait some time more !

I hope they put in a lot of statistics...

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

wow i have been away from here since around March,so im out of the loop but im wondering if there is a release date yet

i have a membership with HB but im not into playing with a gamepad or trueswing mouse so i have not spent anytime there in a few months

and to be honest after TWO i learned that sitting in front of a computer all day long playing golf is a big waste of time,but a little time would be great. any date yet?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users