• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:33 AM

We are in Atlanta this week working with the PGA tour to enhancing their broadcast of the FEdEx cup finale using our virtual rendition of East Lake and Broadcast suite. If you log unto the PGA tour website during the live coverage you will be able to see it in action. We have been also providing SKY Sports Europe with our hole flythrough graphics.

Development of PG continues with new internal builds which we have been testing. Enhancements to the physics and control methods are ongoing as well as a revamp of the short game functionality. The alpha testers have been providing us will some great feedback in regards to some of the 'aids' and difficulty settings that we might use in early access and going forward.

If I get a chance I'll post some game footage this weekend.

• Davefevs likes this

#2 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for the update Mike.  Here's a link to the flyover compliation.

Would be nice to see some more in game footage!

#3 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Appreciate the update... thanks!

Ken

#4 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

Hi,

Update appreciated Mike, that's the way to work on the Project.

Regards

Andy

#5 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Please!

People stop being so naive!

They're not working on the game. He just said they were in Atlanta watching the FedEx finale. I dont know when people are gonna realize there's not going to be a game ever, cuz they're not working on one. They said it was coming out last winter and do you see a game. NO! And you're not gonna see one either as long as they are sitting around watching golf. 

I'm done with this site. Hope you all have fun waiting for something thats never gonna come out.

• Tigers Agent likes this
MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

We had one guy in Atlanta, everyone else was still working on PG. The new short game functionality is now in and a new alpha will be released to the testers shortly.

#7 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

Careful Rich. They might pull your post.........if you know what I mean.

#8 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Please!

They're not working on the game. He just said they were in Atlanta watching the FedEx finale. I dont know when people are gonna realize there's not going to be a game ever, cuz they're not working on one. They said it was coming out last winter and do you see a game. NO! And you're not gonna see one either as long as they are sitting around watching golf. 

I'm done with this site. Hope you all have fun waiting for something thats never gonna come out.

I can asure you, that you are wrong at this point. I'm one of the alpha testers since 3 weeks and the game had some improvements since that. Those wouldn't be makeable if all the guys at PG would watch all the tournaments. They are working hard, but some of the issues need time to be fixed. Rome wasn't build over night as far as I know. And PG will not be build over night, but it will be build in a way shorter time than Rome :D

Gameplay is very nice at this stage but still needs alot of work. Game physics, menus, animation, drop zones, out of bounce areas etc. Game needs some work until it is going for early access. Just be sure that PP is doing alot of work.

• Richard and Hammerfest like this

Who cares...

#9 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Please!

Bye.

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Please!

Don't know what the hell they've got me ALPHA testing then?

Hurrah! The Golf Club is the first exit on your left.

;)

• fungolfer and Davefevs like this

#11 Dreadmetis

Dreadmetis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

The update is much appreciated here :) I am waiting signs of the anticipated access !

#12 Modman1

Modman1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMeridian, Idaho

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

Keep the updates coming.  Hope you guys make a bundle on this.  To actually be a part of this kind of venture has been very exciting.  We peons, rarely get a chance to actually witness the progress of such an endeavor.  Being a loyal Links customer, for all these years, makes me feel I am not alone and Links was always the best game out there.  For others to choose, to risk, so much for a project they believe in is enough for me.  I know this way is beyond an online golf game but I do appreciate your effort.  My comments about those who can not wait is "GET A LIFE".  For all of us waiting I'll say meet you at the tee!

• fungolfer, Keith, IanD and 1 other like this

#13 WayneH

WayneH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Don't know what the hell they've got me ALPHA testing then?

Hurrah! The Golf Club is the first exit on your left.

;)

Hahahaha. Love it Daz.

And if it was to be released at this stage, he would also be complaining on how unfinished it is, how buggy it is etc etc.

Attitudes like this will never be missed.

Oh, and I think that The Golf Club is not deserving of this kind of attitude either. I was thinking more along the lines of http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/

:)

• Pappy likes this

Thanks

Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com
HGDsigS.jpg

#14 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Careful Rich. They might pull your post.........if you know what I mean.

I dont even care no more. I'm fed up with these guys. And if they pull my post just for voicing my opinion and frustration, cuz it seems like all everybody is doing is sucking up to them by saying, "Thanks for the updates" every time they decide to tease you all with another line of crap. Instead of feeding us nonsense, why do they give us a product that we can test so we can give them feedback. In my opinion that would be the best way to do it cuz not everybody is gonna play like the beta testers. But hey thats just me..... 

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#15 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

I dont even care no more. I'm fed up with these guys. And if they pull my post just for voicing my opinion and frustration, cuz it seems like all everybody is doing is sucking up to them by saying, "Thanks for the updates" every time they decide to tease you all with another line of crap. Instead of feeding us nonsense, why do they give us a product that we can test so we can give them feedback. In my opinion that would be the best way to do it cuz not everybody is gonna play like the beta testers. But hey thats just me..... 

Thats why every now and again we grow the group with new people who have differing thoughts and opinions.  We add people based on recommendations and from folks who have made positive contributions to the forums.  We started with a small group of 5 and are now close to 20, and the closer we get to release to more we will grow the list.  Right now if we had 100 testers we would be inundated with support and bugs but as each new build gets more functionality and more stability we add new people with new ideas.

Not really interested in pulling your posts as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• Perculator likes this

#16 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

We had one guy in Atlanta, everyone else was still working on PG. The new short game functionality is now in and a new alpha will be released to the testers shortly.

Thats not what you said Mike! You said and I quote, "We are in Atlanta this week working with the PGA tour to enhancing their broadcast of the FEdEx cup finale using our virtual rendition of East Lake and Broadcast suite." which doesn't sound like a single person was down there. The word "we" is plural for many people are in Atlanta. But hey who am I to judge.

#17 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Thats why every now and again we grow the group with new people who have differing thoughts and opinions.  We add people based on recommendations and from folks who have made positive contributions to the forums.  We started with a small group of 5 and are now close to 20, and the closer we get to release to more we will grow the list.  Right now if we had 100 testers we would be inundated with support and bugs but as each new build gets more functionality and more stability we add new people with new ideas.

Not really interested in pulling your posts as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated.

#18 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/

:)

Wayne,

I never seen that site before. What a bunch of garbage.

• WayneH likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Wayne,

I never seen that site before. What a bunch of garbage.

I always thought it should be called shitonline

• WayneH and Ted_Ball like this

#20 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

Richbrunker said:

Thats not what you said Mike! You said and I quote, "We are in Atlanta this week working with the PGA tour to enhancing their broadcast of the FEdEx cup finale using our virtual rendition of East Lake and Broadcast suite." which doesn't sound like a single person was down there. The word "we" is plural for many people are in Atlanta. But hey who am I to judge.

Rich, you're forgetting that Mike is British and is using the royal "we". :P :)

• fungolfer, ed dawson and TheBigYin519 like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users