11 replies to this topic

#1 hhatch

hhatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

I've been here since April and now have over 500 hrs in this game. Over the course of playing i have come across several bits of information which I wish I had when I first started.

I initially tried the RTSM swing and became so frustrated I gave it up. I suspect like many new to this game and swing I had a tendency to over swing. I was always was going to the right so I would swing harder on the downswing. As i got the swing back under 100% all of a sudden I started to hook. I could not get any rhythm. Recently I came across a post which indicated that the time a swing is over 100% does not count toward the swing ratio. If I knew this when I started it would have saved me a lot of aggravation and I might still be using RTSM. As it stands now, I am using the motion swing which still has the tempo element which I think is one of the best and most realistic elements of the game.

I also discovered that there is no 3 second rule or tempo in the putting swing - another important fact which should be more widely known.

One can argue I suppose that the info is available just go and search for it. As someone who plays complex simulations almost exclusively I am used to spending a lot of time studying and researching.

However, I think new people coming in should somehow have easy access to what I consider basic information needed to play the game properly.

The above is my experience with the mouse swings. I can't comment on the other swing types.

I enjoy this game a lot and want it to be successful. It would help if more info was provided up front.

#2 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

heres something i need to know---dumb me by mistake deleted bethesda--can i get it back without buying it again ????

• brokenclub likes this

#3 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

Perhaps you could create a guide and post it on Steam for all the new players?  There's no 3 second rule on putting tho.

Trail, open Steam and verify your files.  Right click jnpg, choose properties, choose local files, choose verify integrity of game cache.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#4 SeventyFour

SeventyFour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

heres something i need to know---dumb me by mistake deleted bethesda--can i get it back without buying it again ????

Don't quote me on this, but go to:

Pro Shop>Stash, it should show as a purchase, and re-download it.

Perfect Golf Beta Team Member

#5 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

thanks for advice i'll give it a go

#6 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

thank you for advice but--not wotk --think im too bumb to get it --i'll just live without that course  i got plenty of courses and i load em as they come   :)

#7 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

ps i tryed to redownload from OGT that not work either

--

#8 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

Thats ridiculous! if you log into pp social it should recognise that you have purchased the course, just like it does with any steam game you uninstall, you should message one of the devs and not just let it slide...It really should let you download it again once you have logged into the social site.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#9 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

Not sure about paid for courses but I'd try steam "Library Tab"  The upper left "JNPG"  Do a right click, Drop down menu appears .... select properties and a new drop down menu appears ... select "local files tab"  ... Then select "Verify integrity of game Catch"  Tab.   

Running that should re-install the missing PG Course.

• trailblazergolf likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#10 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

Trailblazer, make sure that JNPG is closed when you do this - just to be sure.  (Although it's strange at the social site - it shows I own Bethesda, but not Muifield.  I have purchased both.)

Back to the original post, there are many differences with JNPG compared to previous golf games.  Some are not really intuitive.  Therefore, I think it would help new players, especially those that will pick up the game on consoles, that some sort of in-game "lessons" should automatically pop up whenever you access/run into a different game play option.  Similar to what Links had (and possibly other titles) and then you could toggle off the option to show the lessons next time or not.  Sure, the developers or someone else could write a guide, but very, very few game players will ever read that stuff.  Perhaps only if they get frustrated enough about whatever aspect of game play is causing them grief.

As an example in another game, I don't have any idea what impacts the full swing in TGC, and I sometimes am completely baffled with the putting - I'll hit a 10 foot putt 40 feet past the hole somehow.  There isn't any explanation how this works in the game, and I didn't really look too hard in the guides/forums to find an answer.  So, I essentially quite playing TGC (and for the main reason that I much prefer JNPG).  I'm sure there are many players that have quit JNPG because the lack of explanation/tutorial on swing method intricacies, spin, shot shaper, etc.

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

Did the course folder end up in your recycle bin?

• trailblazergolf likes this

#12 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

ok i got the course back !!! 1st used your method dennis and boom i got the course back----then  i saw daz's chat and yes the course was in recycle bin--so may have  been able to get it back in game from there also !!--------------anyway thanks for your help ---YAY !!!--also thanks to you  Atmand !!!!

• BionicWolf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users