5 replies to this topic

#1 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:16 AM

I have just finished a round at Augusta with everything cranked to 11-  gusty wind, firm, stimp at 14 and I shot a magnificent 108 ^_^ :blink:

Yes, you did read correct One Hundred and Eight little ol' shots round the Augusta National and I loved every minute of it on a course that I don't normally like.

I must have missed it in just about the worst place on every hole and watching chips and putts roll off the green and 40 yards back down the fairway in the case of the 9th was just devine

I am not the most proficient at the game- I struggle to beat par most days- but have a good grasp of the mechanics and having to manufacture shots- pitches, chips and bunker shots- I saw more sand than Laurence today, which I found a way to play them pretty darn good (see another posting :D) was a delight

I have been a bit un interested in PG recently and have even dabbled on the Dark side with TGC and even dusted down LInks 2003 (which runs a treat on my iMac btw) but have been energised by this and have got my funk back

I bet no one expected a positive thread after a 108 but shows what little things please little people :P :D

• Greensboronclion likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#2 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

well, you sure must have seen places where no one dares to venture lol.

#3 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

I am going out on a limb here and gonna fasion a bet that you are a golfer and not a gamer.. welcome to the wonderful world of golf. Wish you many rounds of enjoyment and wait till you get that even par round w/things cranked...not like playing in real life but I swear rts has me doing the same things that aggrevate me w/my real life game.
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#4 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

I am a long time single figure golfer in real life but have been playing cyber golf since Leaderboard on the ZX Spectrum

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#5 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

I saw more sand than Laurence today

HA!

#6 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

I too love the challenge of the game and the customizable difficulty settings. Sounds like you had a challenge at augusta. I'm playing pro but with only the main view camera using rts-m. I kept trying tour pro but can't seem to have consistency with it. Are there any rts-m players playing tour pro? I'm guessing yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users