• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 chicago43055

chicago43055

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

I tried to create an AI that was left handed but whenever I use this created player it always hits right handed.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated....Thanks

#2 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

You are doing nothing wrong.  There is no left handed ani as of yet.  You can set up your player to play as a left hander but it will still show the default right hand swinging ani.   :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#3 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

They are still working on the motion capped ani's. 

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#4 chicago43055

chicago43055

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:25 PM

Thank You

#5 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:35 PM

They are still working on the motion capped ani's. 

Are they?  It sounded like Andrew indicated that the new mocap animations were put on the back burner because they are a very expensive item.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#6 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

For me its fine if they just adjust this one a bit, make it left too, add female left and right, done.

Idea? make it so that its possible for users to create their own animations...just like links had, worked very fine, and will save the devs

tons of work. I found it always fun to play with a known golferavie.

#7 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

Are they?  It sounded like Andrew indicated that the new mocap animations were put on the back burner because they are a very expensive item.

Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.  I just know that they've said the current ani's will not be worked on because mocaps are coming.  They don't want to spend dev time on something that's going to be replaced.  That's all I really know.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#8 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

For me its fine if they just adjust this one a bit, make it left too, add female left and right, done.

Idea? make it so that its possible for users to create their own animations...just like links had, worked very fine, and will save the devs

You couldn't create your own animations in Links, those were just reskinned graphics over the original polianis.  

#9 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

I disagree.  The current animations are pretty rough.  If they want any shot of this game being taken seriously on any console then a proper animation is a must.  The 3D grass that they have coming looks to be fantastic and a solid head/shoulders above anything else that's currently on the market.  I think this will make the current animation stand out like a sore thumb.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#10 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

whatever, in due course it will be attended to, i am sure.

be patient , grasshoppers......a trait becoming more and more rare these days.

#11 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

whatever, in due course it will be attended to, i am sure.

be patient , grasshoppers......a trait becoming more and more rare these days.

I didn't say I wasn't patient.  Just saying that this is something that is needed if they want to be taken seriously on the console market.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#12 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

I recall seeing a LH golfer on a Twitter post that linked to a Facebook video many months ago.  Someone commented then that the LH golfer was being tested, but the video looked very promising.  It would seem that both the LH golfer and the female avatar are low level, long term projects.  Maybe with the "new" ani forthcoming???  One can hope. 

#13 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:15 AM

PP basically created a mirror of the existing animation to create a left handed player. But they experienced issues with the skeletal structure of the left handed ani when reacting to the lie of the land and it had body parts that got out of control, so they canned it.

There has been talk of a whole new revamped animation, which will also come with female version as well as left handed. as to when we will see it........ some time in the 21st century is my best guess, lol. Others might say soon.

#14 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:49 AM

I get that for simulator players this is a non issue. Being that the options are in the game and yet the  options do nothing is a big positive review blocker. In fact the right hand animation in itself is a big blocker in my humble opinion. I am patiently waiting for my left handed avatar which I would prefer and I am sure that there are some female users that are patiently waiting for female avatars. Heck even some of the male contingent use female avatars if they are  available.

I suggested a GoFundMe campaign to get us over this hurdle in another thread. Image wise going this route would open the door for some negative views as to cost and development but I think it would be worth the try. Maybe the developers are hedging their bets and hoping for some fall and winter influx of cash from simulator purchasers and subscribers. But the old saying goes, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket", and this is an important issue moving forward.

Anyway I hope that the team somehow finds a way to get the animations put to bed as it is important to a fair amount of the market share when it comes to golf video games. That and full controller support. Personally, I still enjoy the game as it is and appreciate the work done so far. I hope they can find a way to get past this one area of the game that seems to be lacking in comparison with the rest of the game.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#15 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

I didn't say I wasn't patient.  Just saying that this is something that is needed if they want to be taken seriously on the console market.

ah . oh yes, i dare say much more has to be added and made to look better before the console ppl will accept this.

personally i doubt if this game will be a succes on console.

the consolegamers do NOT want real as can be simulations, its a younger market, and predominantly fed on adrenaline.

but we will see what happens, it sure will sell a few thou, no doubt.

i see someppl complaing about achievements, sigh..now  thats exactly what i mean.

i think those dont belong in a simulation on pc at all, but thats my view, and some ppl will differ about them.

with the latest update, aftster grid again, the pluggies, free pg course, i am happy to see where it goes

#16 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

ah . oh yes, i dare say much more has to be added and made to look better before the console ppl will accept this.
personally i doubt if this game will be a succes on console.
the consolegamers do NOT want real as can be simulations, its a younger market, and predominantly fed on adrenaline.
but we will see what happens, it sure will sell a few thou, no doubt.
i see someppl complaing about achievements, sigh..now  thats exactly what i mean.
i think those dont belong in a simulation on pc at all, but thats my view, and some ppl will differ about them.
with the latest update, aftster grid again, the pluggies, free pg course, i am happy to see where it goes

I think most of the console crowd will play on Hacker or Amateur level which will get them the easy experience that they are used to.

As for achievements. I could personally care less about them but they need to be there for a console game for sure.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users