#1 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

I know I haven't said much in the CF topic but I will get going eventually but since being invited to alpha test I have a question for the designers and the Dev team that are already up and running, now that we are able to play some courses..

I think we are going to need the ability to jump from one hole to any other hole we want for play testing purposes.  When designing and say I am on hole 7, I don't want to have to play the game thru 6 holes every time, so I can get to the hole I want to test..

Is there any plans on giving us the ability to go into the game and select any hole we want?  If I start the game and go to my course I am designing, I want to go directly to the hole I am working on without having to play thru 16 holes just to get to hole 17, etc..

I would suggest this feature be for Practice Mode only as I see no need to jump around the course during regular game play..

If this has already been addressed please direct me to the topic..

Not sure if this should be in another forum, if so please move it.. Thanks..

Thanks

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#2 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

You can already go into the game to play only the holes you want, so no need to play the first 6 holes to get to the 7th.

It's not the nicest of workflows as building a course takes a non-trivial time, but at least you don't have to restart PG each time. 

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Going to game options and then setting what holes I want to go to once I enter the course doesn't really work, you have to play the first tee and even then one time it worked one time it didn't. Also once I am on the course, theres no way that if I change my mind, I can visit any other hole once I get going and  when designing and play testing I often want to go to other places on the course...

I'll play around with it some more but seems kind of crude right now.. Just have and drop down option while practicing on a course to choose any hole you want to go to..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#4 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Ok, I see how this works now.. In the beginning, x out the holes you dont want to play and leave the holes that you want to play.. At least that's something for now, later I would like to be on the course and be able to choose where I want to go.. As it stands, I have to make my choices before I start the game, then exit out, if I decide to go to a different tee then Pre-Selected.I would have to exit out of the game first.. But  it is at least a way to get there without playing thru... For now... Maybe add this to the To-Do List

Thanks shimonko

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#5 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

I initially thought it was broken the first time I tried to use it too - clicking the holes I wanted to play instead of crossing out the ones I didn't.

I typically click the 'Front 9' and 'Back 9' buttons to turn all holes off (bar one), then select the ones you want.

#6 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

Still need something so that when your on your course play testing, you can just choose to go to another hole on the course, no exiting out, no pre selecting.. Which is ok for now, just be nice to know in the future we could have something quicker, easier and more up to date..

Need I say, it has been in TW's PC for years now.. Practice mode only though..

I turned it in as a request, will see...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

Yes its another one of those things that is there.... but its implementation needs a little work... Oh to have 40 hours in a day.  Skip to next hole is on the list for practice mode.

Alternatively you can always hit a tee shot and select pick up ball in game play, if you miss the snap completely you wont even have to watch the tee shot

#8 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

Sounds a lot like selecting the holes to play in Links Larry.

CGX Bruce R

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hey Bruce, never really played Links but you know it's in TW's.

@Andrew, don't know how I missed your reply from 2 months ago but Super News!

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users