Photo

Gameplay video: A full round at Willow Heath.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

If you have half an hour or so, watch this. Or don't. Up to you.

I recommend 720p quality in Theater mode. Compression artifacts are NOT caused by the game.

Many Bothans ran away from this information

• Mike Jones, Olbluiiis, Maverick Spirit and 4 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

Might be worth explaining that the gimme button is still buggy as seen on the first when you sunk it in 3 and were given a 4.

Nice effort again. I found Tara the other day btw.

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thank you. There's a lot else to be explained, yes. Basically, for all the non-alpha viewers, it's like this: If you should spot something that is not quite right in this clip, you can bet your bottom dollar that our vigilant and ruthlessly observant team of alpha testers has reported it already several times over.

Please keep Tara to yourself. Or rather, her location.

The pink spot on some of the greens, I just checked, is my bad - not a bug or a glitch - it was accidentally added to the texture by me the last time I adjusted it in Photoshop.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#4 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Video not available?

Who cares...

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Video available to me, but this is my first YouTube... See if you can go to my youtube channel (click on this)

I had to update my adobe flash player to see it myself, perhaps you need to do this as well. I would have preferred staying on video, but these guys want to see money to increase the size of an upload.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Nice vid K11 and a great looking course. This course is asking for early morning mist drifting across the course - let me see what I can do in that regard!

At the moment we just have one difficulty setting but when we start to add the different options things will start to get a little spicy when playing a tricky course like this.

#7 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

preferred staying on video, but these guys want to see money to increase the size of an upload.

You mean Vimeo? I've always tended to use Vimeo as the quality is generally better but it's not cool if they want you to use a pro account or something for big uploads. What happened to using advertisements to the fund it like YouTube does?

#8 J_Schollmeyer

J_Schollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Very nice video.

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

4GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 Series

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1GB RAM)

Samsung SyncMaster T260HD & T2770 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200)

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

#9 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

I meant Vimeo, yes. I'm very glad that my initial fog render settings somehow made it into the build. I may have set the shadow opacity a smidgen too low, though.

Yes, -8 is a suspiciously low score, with nine birdies, one bogie and another stolen birdie on 1, as well as with 8ft gimmes (Chrissakes, it's tap-in! Gimmes can only be given by another player!). But Willow Heath has 4 par 5's reachable in 2, 2 driveable par 4's reachable in 1 and 3 very short par 4's. And it was built the way it is to present players with many risk/reward decisions (It's original working name was "The R&R", a word play about Risk-Reward and Rest & Recovery).

This presumes, of course, that players will not be gifted 300 free yards on every tee, as they are now.  So the wind does have to pick up a lot, and mishit penalties on overswings (as indeed already announced by the Devs) must become much more draconic.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#10 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

Newest Flash Player installed but no Video is available?

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#11 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

I've got the solution: The video is blocked in some countries because I used copyrighted songs in it, like "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk. Even though I own the digital tracks and am not using the music to earn some money, the Youtube Gestapo has automatically detected them and blocked the video, notably in Germany.

I will now spend hours to create a non-copyrighted, non-musical version. Sorry for the snafu.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#12 Don_E

Don_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

I have just watch the video, so no problems here.

Thanks for the round Mr. K, and nice  that you tekst the little info throughout the game.  

#13 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

K11, maybe it's easier to post it on Vimeo first?

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

Vimeo has a 500MB limit. The clip is 1.3 GB in size... Vimeo wants money to remove the limit. Youtube does not.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

Might be worth explaining that the gimme button is still buggy as seen on the first when you sunk it in 3 and were given a 4.

Nice effort again. I found Tara the other day btw.

IMO, it is something that shouldn't be available. Once you have holed out the Gimme/Pick Up option should be disabled anyway.

Why would you want to pick a gimme when you have actually holed the putt?

I have raised this in the bug feature list a few weeks ago.

;)

#16 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

I've just uploaded a video version without background music. It's still processing, so it might take a bit to be fully playable in 720 res. But here's the link anyway:

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#17 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Very nice, K11. The "F!" had me laughing out loud.  :D

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#18 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Thanks K11, now it works and it's a very nice Impression about the Gameplay and your great Course!! Is there the real Time Weather aktivated?

#19 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

No, it's not. It uses the custom skybox. With dynamic weather on you can create rain, fog, sunshine, nighttime... any weather you want, with matching light, shadows and lens flares. I could do a video about that, but then again I still hope that others (they know who they are) would step up to the plate... 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#20 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for taking the time (and effort) to put the video together K11. Much appreciated and acknowledged that its outside the normal alpha tester role responsibilities.

WH looks great and glad to see PG taking shape as well

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users