• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mhammer113

mhammer113

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

When the course forge comes out I think we all need to attack GolfWeeks top 100 modern and classic list.
  • flogster likes this

#2 scottpussehl

scottpussehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

I like the idea, I can take on Tullymore or Kingsley Club. I think they are on the list

#3 mhammer113

mhammer113

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

I feel like some of the modern courses are going to be very difficult to do right away. They seem to require much more complex textures and shading and such. I hope it's possible

#4 jcolton31

jcolton31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

I started working on #5 Modern:

5. Ballyneal, 8.45
(6) Holyoke, Colo.; 2006, p
Tom Doak

#5 mhammer113

mhammer113

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

On course forge?

#6 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

I would think, courses such as Augusta, Harbour Town and those found on the US and Euro tour such as St Andrews and Pebble Beach would be high on the list of to do courses, If I can ever work it out, I will be attacking courses such as Royal Melbourne and The New South Wales Golf Club.

I don't even know if Unity and CF will run on my old Computer with just 3Gig of DDR 1600 Ram. MB won't take any more ram or I get the Blue Screen of Death and this is a MB I paid over 500 for 5 years ago. Parts are so much cheaper now than they were back then, So much for an Asus ROG MB

CGX Bruce R

#7 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

I would think, courses such as Augusta, Harbour Town and those found on the US and Euro tour such as St Andrews and Pebble Beach would be high on the list of to do courses, If I can ever work it out, I will be attacking courses such as Royal Melbourne and The New South Wales Golf Club.

I don't even know if Unity and CF will run on my old Computer with just 3Gig of DDR 1600 Ram. MB won't take any more ram or I get the Blue Screen of Death and this is a MB I paid over 500 for 5 years ago. Parts are so much cheaper now than they were back then, So much for an Asus ROG MB

I would much rather play these I am so sick of the TW Courses which are Pebble Beach and all the other stuff ... It will be great to have some Europeans designing some European courses that will be a real plus. 

Now, Regarding Course Forge and Unity .... If we have Course Forge can we design a golf course I keep hearing unit mixed in with course forge ... and unity is some time of game software manipulator thing .. ???

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

The problem with courses such as Augusta, Pebble Beach etc. is the fact that they have all been done to death by the other golf games available. Personally, I would like to see some of the less well known courses published first.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#9 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Course Forge is an Add-On for Unity. So, it requires Unity to be able to create a course. Unity is a vast program, that allows many things, but importantly, it allows you to create a landscape which the Course Forge overlays/attach's your golf course design too. So, you need to learn how to paint a landscape, add textures and plant. You don't need to learn alot more than how to create a landscape really. Planting will likely become self explanatory once you learn how to raise and lower land. It isn't difficult, but it's that initial starting of something that isn't familiar.

As for Courses being designed, I'm often a favourite of user designed courses. It isn't all beautifully designed fairways and greens, as many fail with their designs, but amongst them come some that stand out. Many of us have seen that in the past, and this isn't anything different. It's more simply of adding another generation of us into everything.

#10 Adam T1

Adam T1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

I'm actually making a pretty massive list of interesting looking golf courses, of which I have 7 pages worth of courses "confirmed as interesting to play." It's a huge project, but I might go back through some of it when CF comes out and add in a designation for courses that look like good candidates for real course recreations. Perhaps people can also take on some of their better local courses that they know very well? Although working on one's own designs sounds great too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users