Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Check it out! Looks greT.

Question for PP folks - does the position of the dot in the shot circle, affect distance? For example high fade goes less distance than low draw?

Does margin for error on snap get affected by how far from centre you place the dot?

#2 dr-nix

dr-nix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

- I typed "rm -rf /*" and now my system won't boot!

#3 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the 'live action avatar' when it s fully developed. I just can't see myself wanting to play the game with a three click control method.

Ian
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

Mmmm, I dunno.

I like the reference to club and distance but the actual swingmeter, for me personally, seems a step backwards from the one we had before. I know they all end up doing the same thing - allowing us to carry out a golf shot with 3 clicks of the mouse button - but it looks like it has been ripped from a 90's golf game to me.

I may be being harsh, but it is just my view on seeing the clip for the first time. It just isn't doing it for me.

:unsure:

• axe360 likes this

#5 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

I think it looks slick.

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

I think it looks slick.

Dave,

I'm sure many others will too.

My apologies for not having the same opinion.

#7 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

Mmmm, I dunno.

I like the reference to club and distance but the actual swingmeter, for me personally, seems a step backwards from the one we had before. I know they all end up doing the same thing - allowing us to carry out a golf shot with 3 clicks of the mouse button - but it looks like it has been ripped from a 90's golf game to me.

I may be being harsh, but it is just my view on seeing the clip for the first time. It just isn't doing it for me.

:unsure:

I agree even though I'm not a clicker.  ;)

I can't remember if PP plans on eventually eliminating the meter in favor of using the character's swing motion to determine click points or if I read this on the HB Studios as a suggestion for adding 3-click to TGC. :huh:

-MERACE

#8 TheBigYin519

TheBigYin519

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada via Scotland

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

As in life, this will please some people & not others.

My opinion is that I'll wait & see, the "proof of the pudding is in the eating".

• Hammerfest likes this

Win  10 64bit

#9 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

The look of the swing meter is by far the most less thing (sounds weired, but I hope you get my point :D ) I'm really interested in. If it is functional and if it does what it is supposed to do it can also be a blank circle in a tree :)

PG will always look a bit different from time to time as it will grow and get new features time after time, so there will be enough time to build a swing meter that is the most beautiful you can ever imagine. Give it some time. The most important thing now is to get the game in the fingers of the starving, nothing more, nothing less.

Who cares...

#10 capitaine25_

capitaine25_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

I am happy with this swing meter, I don't see any issues.... looks good to me...

#11 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

Dave,

I'm sure many others will too.

My apologies for not having the same opinion.

No need to apologise

As long as we agree on footie teams!

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:35 PM

Post removed as found answer to my question in another thread.

;)

#13 brandyyy67

brandyyy67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

not sure i like the look of this  swing meter  for adding  draw  fade loft or punch shots,,,in my  opinion  the 2 golfers feet  set  up  was  way more realistic...pga  2000...john dalys  golf  and  to a later extent  even  links,if its not broken  dont try fix  it,just  my 2 cents worth be curiuse  to learn how other people find this set up?

#14 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

I like it fine for now... can always be updated and improved later should they decide to do so.

Ken

#15 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

not sure i like the look of this  swing meter  for adding  draw  fade loft or punch shots,,,in my  opinion  the 2 golfers feet  set  up  was  way more realistic...pga  2000...john dalys  golf  and  to a later extent  even  links,if its not broken  dont try fix  it,just  my 2 cents worth be curiuse  to learn how other people find this set up?

The problem I have with that approach is that for every pro golfer who moves his feet one way to hit a draw or fade, there is another who does not. For example Ben Hogan hit a power fade in his best years while swinging from an extremely closed stance. This way no matter what the player's personal idiosyncrasy's, he can set up for high, low and curved shots will ease.

That's not to say the shot shapes are guaranteed, if you mess up with the swing you can still hit a slice from a draw position on setup, the dreaded 'double cross' is just as much a factor in PG as it is in real life :)

• shimonko likes this

#16 brandyyy67

brandyyy67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:09 PM

i understand what your saying mike,and to be honest  the strike meter is not even a big deal for me in the overall scheme  of things ,but the point i was trying to make   is  that pro  golfers dont hit the ball on  the left side to  make  it  go  right  and vice versa  to go left,  same  as  loft  tthey  dont  hit  the  ball lower  of centre   to  mto make it go higher,but  im happy with whatever  you  guys  come  up  with  and  am just  looking forward  to  playing  the  game  at  launch.......now  what  would really make my  day  is  if  the  game was compatable  with a ps3/4  and be  move  compatable....that truly would be a golf simulator

#17 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

You're relating the center bit to a ball. I just see it as a neutral way of setting loft and shot shape, and I'd prefer neutral than natural for some, unnatural for others, as feet position games are. TGC has similar.

#18 brandyyy67

brandyyy67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

ye   srry  my  mistake   i  know  what  you  mean  now,so  if  i  want  to  draw  it  i  go  slightly  left  of  centre,  i  was  thinking  of  it  as  a  ball   but  it  makes  more  sense  now,  although  i  fear  it  will become  a  maths  thing   and  still prefer  pga  2000   set  up  where  you  could  aim  your golfer left or  right.open  close  stance,move ball back  or  forward in stance  and  combine  all 3,that cuts  out  the  maths  and  produces  more  random shots

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

It's an interesting point though brandy, I have noticed that when we put a circle on the GUI almost in any place, people take it a 'ball' reference which may not be the intention so it will be good to bear this in mind when further enhancing the UI.

#20 DerRentner

DerRentner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

Draw und Fade über das Swing-Meter zu Steuern wäre Interessant

Draw and Fade about the swing metre to taxes would be interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users