StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:13 AM

Hello all,

I did a search and found some discussion about the SpeedTree Modeler for Unity 5. What I am wondering is what are the exact steps to acquire and use the Modeler. I found a "SpeedTree_for_Unity_Subscription_Windows"  setup .exe file on the SpeedTree site but in the Unity Assets Store there is a SpeedTree Modeler for Unity 5 subscription.

I do know that we have to pay the subscription to use the Modeler. No issues there. I also understand that anything I create I keep regardless as to whether I keep the subscription going or not. Sounds great. What I'm unsure of is what steps to take. Do I use the setup file and then subscribe or do I simply subscribe and the modeler will be added to my Unity version as a plug in?

Gratefully,

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#2 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

When you go to the speedtree site, click at the top "Buy" button. At the top of the next screen under featured you will see the Speedtree Modeler for Unity 5 for 19 a month. Its a subsctription code. When you click that link to buy - in the text below the sign up now you will see the download link for windows or mac. Thats it. It auto renews each month, so make sure you cancel if you just want to build a ton of trees for a couple weeks. Hope that helps!

oh - when you save/export a tree out you can then add that as an asset into your project.

• StoneComet likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users