#1 ducati916

ducati916

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArizona/Manchester U.K.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Came back to play for the first time in 7-8 months...Loaded the updates to Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. Struggled to get the "performing first time set up" to finish and when I finally reached the game, I get an endless stream of full screen course shots with no way to access the game and I have to crtl/esc to minimize the screen and access anything else. In other words, all I get are course shots with no menu, no way to access the game, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

"If I tell you what I'm doing today, will you shut up and get out of my way."---Anthrax--1990

#2 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

open up your steam library and verify your game files. in your game list right click on jnpg go to options then go to local files and verify integrity of game files or cache , I forget the exact wording

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#3 JimbeauC

JimbeauC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

Similar situation. Haven't played in nearly a year. Update fails on the same file every time. I've done the download cache clear twice. No help. Put in request to Steam a couple of days ago. Nothing. 

file is...

crystal_splash.jpg

Is there anywhere else I can ask for help, as Steam is useless?

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

Similar situation. Haven't played in nearly a year. Update fails on the same file every time. I've done the download cache clear twice. No help. Put in request to Steam a couple of days ago. Nothing. 

file is...

crystal_splash.jpg

Is there anywhere else I can ask for help, as Steam is useless?

Perhaps remove it and then do a fresh reinstall.

#5 JimbeauC

JimbeauC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

Perhaps remove it and then do a fresh reinstall.

You mean just the file or the whole game?

If the whole game, I've no clue how to do a fresh install. And wouldn't that load the game as it was at first without ANY of the numerous updates? Would it be possible to get the latest based on my original purchase?

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

J,

If you delete a game from your Steam library, it remains on your account and also remains in your library, but just not installed and you don't have to re-purchase.

Right click on JNPG in your library and then select Delete Local Content. This will remove the game from your HD.

All you do then is select the game in your library and hit the Install option and the game re-installs up to and including the latest update version that is available on Steam.

I'm regularly uninstalling games and then re-installing them months later. Just did it this week with Pillars of Eternity.

• Mike Jones likes this

#7 ducati916

ducati916

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArizona/Manchester U.K.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:32 AM

open up your steam library and verify your game files. in your game list right click on jnpg go to options then go to local files and verify integrity of game files or cache , I forget the exact wording

Slice....many thanks. I first re-downloaded Steam and then followed your steps....and now I can access the game.

"If I tell you what I'm doing today, will you shut up and get out of my way."---Anthrax--1990

#8 JimbeauC

JimbeauC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Thanks. That worked... Finally. Took ages to download.

I guess my computer is too old for the game. Stuttering meter. I have it set on low.

#9 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

Thanks. That worked... Finally. Took ages to download.

I guess my computer is too old for the game. Stuttering meter. I have it set on low.

If it's in the budget, indeed buy a new gaming computer. Your experience with JNPG and everything else you do on your PC will be enhanced leaps and bounds.

Knowing that a computer is part of our (your) everyday life (perhaps 8 hours worth) means owning a powerful computer with an excellent Processor and Graphics Card will become a glorious experience.

And those of us who are experts can point you in the right direction to buy or build a new computer.  ;)

• J.H.Buchanan likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#10 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

Great Post Crusher - also we only have one pair of eyes don't wear them out prematurely use a great graphic card and monitor you are worth it - if a relative or spouse thinks other wise they are being selfish. (no matter what you own even if its like Crushers rig take breaks to rest your eyes/body ) 

• Crusher likes this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users