Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:38 AM

Install Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf:

1:  Download and install Steam app.

http://store.steampowered.com/

2:  Create an account and purchase Perfect Golf.

UaqjylN.jpg

3:  Install PG then Enable Steam overlay.

QVRYPCG.jpg

A:  Buy Perfect Golf Simulator Pass subscription:

NOTE:  Skytrak users skip to step B.

1:  click Play to start the game.

2:  Go to Pro Shop and click on Season.  

EN4pt60.jpg

3:  Click on Perfect Golf Simulator Pass and select Purchase.  You will have to add money to your Steam wallet via a credit card or paypal.  Simulator Season Pass is an annual subscription fee of $249.

4:  After purchase, click on Return to Activate.  Then click on Activate.  PG Simulator Pass will then show up in your Pro Shop/Stash.  It will show as Active.

1Z75AxI.jpg

B:  For Skytrak users only:

1:  Follow the steps above to install Steam and purchase PG.

2:  Skytrak users must purchase PG Simulator Pass from Skytrak's website.

http://www.skytrakgo...on/perfect-golf

LN2m3b0.jpg

3:  After purchase, Skytrak support will activate your Skytrak device for use with PG.

OGT Golf Simulator Tour Facebook:https://www.facebook...97433557053693/

#2 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

I used to have a subscription for the sim pass. (TCP/IP interface, GC2) while messing with the settings in order to remove my credit card from the Steam store. The subscription got canceled.

Now when I try to renew the subscription I get "error please contact Steam support". After a few back and forth with Steam support this is where we ended up.

(reply from Steam support)

"I apologize for the confusion. Upon further investigation, it looks like the subscription for Perfect Golf Simulator is no longer being offered through Steam.

Please contact the support team for this title in order to find out more information about the availability of the subscription. They may still be offering it through their website or other resources.

You can reach Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

I'm sorry that we can't assist you any further with this issue. Please let me know if you have any more questions, and I'll try my best to answer them.  

Thanks for using Steam,

Alexandra"

My current license will end in 1 month. I have no idea how to extend that.  

PS. 

I hope that the solution involves me paying with my Steam wallet funds because I have money in there since the last mess with double charging for PG sim pass and those will never be spent since I have no plans to buy any games. (other than JNPG that is)    

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

You could just purchase a new subscription.  I have no idea why Steam would say the pass is no longer available.  I know that Shanky just went in and did just that since he also cancelled his subscription and was able to renew.  I will ask him to post what he did

Andrew

#4 Shankygolf

Shankygolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I renewed via Steam earlier today and I too had removed the auto renew.

The way I did it was going to Steam > settings > View Account details > Manage subscriptions.

This allowed me to reactivate my season pass rather than start again with a fresh purchase.

#5 psgolfer

psgolfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:03 AM

I went here:

https://store.steamp.../subscriptions/

Selected to "renew" subscription and that allowed me to re-new at the same subscription and not have to create a new one

#6 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

@Shankygolf & @psgolfer. That is exactly what I did as well. That is when the error came up and the discussion started with Steam support.

The only thing i can think of that i have not tried is to add a credit card to my account.

I currently have funds in my Steam wallet to pay for a new subscription, so I assumed that would be enough.  

#7 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

... added a valid credit card. Still the same problem. 

#8 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

I need someone from PG to explain in detail how to use the steam funds that have been there for over a year to renew the sim pass before it expires.  It shows Aug 4th as the renew date.  I can't click on sim pass in the stash section of PG game while it's active and everything in the subscription area says to have a credit card on file for auto renewal and nothing that I see to pay by using the wallet funds.

How do I use the funds in the Steam Wallet?

#9 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

I need someone from PG to explain in detail how to use the steam funds that have been there for over a year to renew the sim pass before it expires.  It shows Aug 4th as the renew date.  I can't click on sim pass in the stash section of PG game while it's active and everything in the subscription area says to have a credit card on file for auto renewal and nothing that I see to pay by using the wallet funds.

How do I use the funds in the Steam Wallet?

This is still an issue.  Can JNPG look into how one can use the steam wallet funds to pay for a sim subscription?  Will it auto renew from those funds?

#10 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

OK, so I waited for my subscription to expire and as requested by Steam support added 250$ to my wallet.

Still can't renew the sub by pressing the "renew" button. Steam store reports "error please contact Steam support"

I did and waiting for them to reply. Based on feedback from others this seams to be a unique problem with my account. Everybody else managed to renew just fine.  

But now (without a sim pass active) when I start JNPG all I can play in PC game mode is the default courses.

The user created courses are not available. Can't imagine that is related to my expired sim pass? 

Update Must have been server problem or something. PC game play works with user created courses now. 

#11 psgolfer

psgolfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Any update on the sim pass renewal?  Can you activate it through the game when going into the pro shop?

#12 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

No response from Steam support yet.

When I reported the problem 1 month ago where I could not renew while sub license was still active. Steam support was responsive and gave a bunch of BS proposal on how to solve it. None of it worked.

Now they are silent. I guess they run out of ideas.

I will give them a few more days and then try to buy a new sub.

I remember that I could not buy the sim pass in the in game proShop when I got it the first time. The solution then was to buy in the social.perfectparallel.com store. 

What makes this so frustrating is that no one else seams to have the same problem. 

#13 brattenj

brattenj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

Just have funds in your steam wallet to cover the $199 subscription. When your sub expires, it will automatically deduct from your wallet and renew.

I just went through this late last week.

#14 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

Sadly that is not the case for Tretee, his situation is more complicated as he explains, as things went a bit awry during the very first sub purchase procedures, and has now been left a  bit in limbo

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#15 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

I did get a response from Steam support end of last week. I have tested everything they proposed incl. adding 250$ to my wallet and have a credit card on file. 

They have finally acknowledged that something is wrong and will look at it.

This has been debated for a few weeks so my hopes for a solution are slim.

Not because it can't be fixed but it's difficult to justify the time it takes when the problem only seam to affect 1 user.   

#16 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Here is a crazy idea.

Create a license that allows you to play the default courses, no tournaments and off line only. 

Not instead of the sim pass that opens up everything, but as a complement.

Right now I would be happy to even have a version that allows me to play 1 course only. You could include that permanent license for free when someone pays for a full year of sim. Only valid for the current version. When a new version comes out you will have to pay for it all again.  

#17 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

This whole Steam subscription issue continues.

After all the subscription renewal problems that Steam support could not fix they removed the original subscription and I bought a new one.

Since the "in game" purchase did not work I bought it at social.perfecttparallel.com. Game has and is working fine w.r.t to sim pass.

Purchase date is 2017-aug-15th. A few days ago I got a message from Stem that they have failed to charge 250$ from my credit card and that I don't have enough funds in my wallet to cover the cost for the subscription. Renewal date for the new subscription is set to 2017-sep-15. 

E.g. according to Steam store this is a subscription for 250$/month.  

I obviously removed my credit card from the Steam store because this has happened before. 

#18 psgolfer

psgolfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

Hopefully Andrew can do something to fix this for you.  Seeing as you've already paid for the year.

#19 pccsandbagger

pccsandbagger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

any help for newbie??

just bought /installed JNPG for skytrak but cannot get JNPG to connect with skytrak.   In the setup screen, once I select skytrak it immediately goes to sim console.  I figure I would need to select connection type under sim type to USB but it won't let me.  Is that part of the issue?

#20 psgolfer

psgolfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

Select Sim type to skytrak then click on the connect to device and connect to game in the sim console window that pops up.

Are you looking to play tour events or online muli-player?  If so, go to the OGT website for instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users