• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MarkSC

MarkSC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

I've recently come back to PG after some months off. I'm excited to use the RTC swing, but I can't. On any course, the back swing pauses and jerks.  The follow through is a little less troublesome, but still sometimes pauses.  The only way for me to have a decent swing is to very, very slowly pull back the controller stick, which is just awkward and unrealistic

I thought the problem might be the controller, but no, I've switched it out and have the same problem. I'm running a pretty powerful computer (4790k and GTX 1080), and using modest graphics settings, so that's not it either.  I do not have pauses on the shot camera, flyover, etc.  Only the character animation on the swing. 

Do other people have this problem?  If so, how do you solve it?

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

Try creating a new character and see if it goes away.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

I've recently come back to PG after some months off. I'm excited to use the RTC swing, but I can't. On any course, the back swing pauses and jerks.  The follow through is a little less troublesome, but still sometimes pauses.  The only way for me to have a decent swing is to very, very slowly pull back the controller stick, which is just awkward and unrealistic

I thought the problem might be the controller, but no, I've switched it out and have the same problem. I'm running a pretty powerful computer (4790k and GTX 1080), and using modest graphics settings, so that's not it either.  I do not have pauses on the shot camera, flyover, etc.  Only the character animation on the swing. 

Do other people have this problem?  If so, how do you solve it?

What crow said....AND, what controller are you using?

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#4 MarkSC

MarkSC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

Thanks, I'll try creating a new character.  It's a wired XBox 360 controller.

#5 MarkSC

MarkSC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

Thanks guys, I figured it out.  I had a flight sim yoke attached to the computer.  Unplug that and all is good.  

#6 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Thanks guys, I figured it out.  I had a flight sim yoke attached to the computer.  Unplug that and all is good.  

Good to hear....thanks for sharing!

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users