Photo

Can someone help explain a few of the game modes for me.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

I've been having a few friends over to play and have been trying to make it fair by usin different tee boxes but I'm still beating them pretty much every hole except par 3's so I'm looking at these other game modes and wondering what they are exactly as I'm not too much of a gambler on the course so I haven't played many except scramble formats.

3 person points?
Greensome stroke?
Individual Hazard and team hazard?

Excuse my ignorance on these lol

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

3 Person Points

There are 9 points available per hole.  If all players get the same score (i.e. Par or Bogie) they each get 3 points.  If two players par and one player bogies, the pars get 4 points each and the bogie gets 1.

Greensome

This is team play.  Each person tees off.  The best ball is chosen, then it is alt shot until the next hole.

Hazard

Team or individual.  The idea is to hit a hazard and still make par.  You win money based on the hazard(s) you hit into and whether or not you still made par or birdie (or better).  You can also score by chipping in, making a putt > 25ft, landing within 10 ft on a par 3 and being the closest to the hole after all players are on the green on a par 3 (auto gimmies are not recommended for this MOP).

Regarding fairness tho.  You could turn handicaps on and assign each player a handicap too.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hey thanks for helping me out. Seems like I probably need to turn on handicapped playing then. If I par a hole these guys are usually getting 6 or 7 or even more lol so that won't help.

Do you assign a handicap in the player section where I created them? I'm an 10 or 11 usually so I'll just give them like a 30 or something lol

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Yes, if you go to Players > General, there is a line for Handicap.  Then on the Game Setup screen, there is a checkbox to use the assigned handicaps.  You could just leave yourself at zero and assign them 10 or 20 :)

#5 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Well explained Crow, am making a shortcut of this thread and putting in my PG folder.

Jwheels must get pretty crowded around your computer table when playing PG :)Wish my wife liked golf (playing I mean, she almost enjoys watching on tv).

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#6 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

jwheels plays on a simulator.   :)

i really like greensomes when playing against mouse and controller players.  lots of fun.  

#7 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

jwheels plays on a simulator.   :)

I read somewhere here in the past where 2 mouse players can play against each other on same computer/mouse. Actually I saved that somewhere. Will try to find and edit/post location.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

#8 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

jwheels plays on a simulator. :)

I read somewhere here in the past where 2 mouse players can play against each other on same computer/mouse. Actually I saved that somewhere. Will try to find and edit/post location.
Edit: Couldn't find it but it had to do with adding an extra player when you're setting up. It's like you play 2 players only you hand off when it's the other players turn. Maybe someone who ACTUALLY done this can correct this.

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

yes, you can.  was just saying wheels was referring to his simulator.

#10 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

I laughed thinking about inviting 3 guys over and then taking them over to my pc to play 18 lol. Bring your own mouse and keyboard fellas, no greasy hands on my gaming equipment
  • Crow357 likes this

#11 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

And Zmax, your home course is my new go to when I have people over. Gonna be playing the full 18 tomorrow night with 2 other guys. Really liked the front 9, I hope the back is just as nice!

#12 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

I laughed thinking about inviting 3 guys over and then taking them over to my pc to play 18 lol. Bring your own mouse and keyboard fellas, no greasy hands on my gaming equipment

Lol, just went and set up a practice one holer with 2 players - too easy :). Sorry for confusion (maybe again). Old brain here soon to get younger :))

#13 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

And Zmax, your home course is my new go to when I have people over. Gonna be playing the full 18 tomorrow night with 2 other guys. Really liked the front 9, I hope the back is just as nice!

The back is def the harder of the two 9's.  10 and 11 kinda lull you in, then water on 12, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18 with 13 and 15, I think being the hardest two holes.

Edit: Almost forgot... OB is lurking almost everywhere... lol

#14 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

You can also play from different tee boxes, if the legnth is the issue with  scoring disparity... You would have to set the game up using any tees.. Then each player would have to have a player with  thier perfered tee boxes adjusted to the closer ones. This means that you could play from the champions tees or back tees and they could play from the forward or member tees

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#15 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

I usually have avenge them set 500-600 yards ahead of me. They are fairly new to the sport and getting off the tee for them is an issue, I'm usually around 100 yards in front of them lol..

And @Crow357, thanks for the warning lol. I was even through 7 last night and then I tried to get on the 8th in 2, I had 230 in and instead of laying up and taking an easy par or even birdie chance I hit it into the green side bunker and made a bogey ! Then a double on 9 after i couldn't get the last hole out of mummy mind lol.. looking forward to tackling that back 9

#16 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

And I was like holy crap this guy put a street and even street lights in haha. I was half expecting some cars to cruise by . I found out about the OB, I missed it by inches near the road there
  • Crow357 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users