3 replies to this topic

#1 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

A lot of dicussionns on Ian making/extend his card this week ... he is 31.000 usd short ... Now at +4 with a few holes to play it doent look that good .. now ... if he gets an invite in the near future ... and make the 31.000 in that tournament ... will he be ok then ? 

#2 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

I don't know. But I do like Poults.

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

According to sports news over here, IJP has lost his PGA Tour card.

Poulter has been playing under a medical exemption for the early part of this campaign and required $347,634 in prize money or 218.42 FedExCup points from 10 events to retain his full playing card.

A final-round 73 and a share of 11th spot at the RBC Heritage left Poulter wanting $30,624 at TPC San Antonio this week, the 10th and final tournament of his exemption.

IJP then missed the cut at the Valero, so now loses his card. I think he would now need to be in the top 125 on the money list bythe time the FedEx Cup play-offs have concluded and that would see him retain his card. Trouble is he will likely have limited opportunities to play.

Poulter will still be eligible to appear in PGA Tour events, but will now rely on sponsors' invitations and late entry to tournaments as an alternate for the remainder of the season. Will also mean he will likely play a few more events in Europe if the invites are not forthcoming in the US and he doesn't fancy the Monday qualifying.

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

He has never really thrived ploughing the lone stroke play route, matchplay always brought the best out of him.  No surprise as he's been on a downward spiral for the last 3 years.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users