zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...re-for-skytrak/

Bottom Line

If I had to choose my favorites so far, one would be Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf for the overall high quality of courses and smooth, realistic gameplay. I also will keep Creative Golf 3D on hand for entertainment options like mini-golf to play with my kids and friends.

But the good news is all of SkyTrak’s five simulation software partners offer high-quality gameplay, realistic and accurate 3D ball flight, and the ability to play 18 holes anytime, anywhere, on some of the best courses around the world.

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Should be noted in comments about TGC:

There is so much to like about The Golf Club.  The graphics are quite possibly the best of any of the simulators (up to 4K Ultra HD)

- I’ll say it again, the HD visuals are outstanding, especially if your system can max out the settings.

The gameplay is also excellent, with realistic bounces and rolls on the fairways and greens.

That last point I find a bit strange and hard to agree with honestly.

Are the physics interactions different when using SkyTrak or something?

#3 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

Should be noted in comments about TGC:

There is so much to like about The Golf Club.  The graphics are quite possibly the best of any of the simulators (up to 4K Ultra HD)

- I’ll say it again, the HD visuals are outstanding, especially if your system can max out the settings.

The gameplay is also excellent, with realistic bounces and rolls on the fairways and greens.

That last point I find a bit strange and hard to agree with honestly.

Are the physics interactions different when using SkyTrak or something?

No they are not.  The physics are the same but most sim golfers obviously can't hit shots with the same ball speed and spin as the mouse/controller players.  I'm guessing the reviewer just hasn't played both games extensively , The opinion from sim players that have both TGC and PG, is that PG's physics wins hands down, especially for the short game.  A lot of TGC sim players have moved from TGC  to PG in the last year.

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

The opinion from sim players that have both TGC and PG, is that PG's physics wins hands down

Totally agree - definitely why I found the comments "odd"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users