#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Sort of took a little time off to try out the competitors new game and after 3 days of trying I am back to playing Perfect Golf as that game is brutal.  Now I am all for a good challenge but wow the controller at TP here is tough but that is ridiculous over there and the Ruff is al DEEEEEEEEEEP.  Lol.  I love the feel of their game and wish we had the career mode and will still give that game a go but JNPG just plays so much better and feels more like real golf.  I advise all to give it a whorl but be warned even the standard clubs are tough to hit and stay out of the ruff unless you are planning on spending some time there.  For now its off to Royal Saint George.

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:37 PM

I tried the career mode, had to start it at medium level, i needed level 5 to play it on difficult,  it's really poor i'm afraid...after 2 rounds i was -12 using player clubs the closest A.I to me was........+20  seriously! that does not bode well for the difficult career,  what will the A.I score then? +10 after 2 rounds? god knows what after 4.   I'm afraid the career mode is just an after thought, no work has gone into A.I. performance.  You can edit names to reflect tour pros, but why the hell would you when they can't even play like an amateur yet alone a pro.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 Kypran

Kypran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hi, can i tried so the career mode :)

#4 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

I tried the career mode, had to start it at medium level, i needed level 5 to play it on difficult,  it's really poor i'm afraid...after 2 rounds i was -12 using player clubs the closest A.I to me was........+20  seriously! that does not bode well for the difficult career,  what will the A.I score then? +10 after 2 rounds? god knows what after 4.   I'm afraid the career mode is just an after thought, no work has gone into A.I. performance.  You can edit names to reflect tour pros, but why the hell would you when they can't even play like an amateur yet alone a pro.

There career mode is way to easy as your playing the front tees and the par 4's are drivable but if you play a hard course the ruff is way to deep and the greens on firm run forever. I like the atmosphere of the game just not a big fan of the swing mechanics as the are. If you use a mouse you can stripe it down the middle every time even with the Player clubs and game much easier. If we could bring the crowds and a decent career mode to JNPG this game would be unbelievable. I will keep fiddling around with TGC2 as I want to give it time but played the OGT round at Royal Saint George this afternoon and just so much better and what a course that is.

#5 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

It is hilarious that so many are duped into TGC2 after the first one was so horrendous.  Some asked me how I knew it would be terrible without playing it.  Three famous words, I told you so.  :)

#6 Pro8ballUK

Pro8ballUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

I really don't understand this smugness.TGC2 gameplay is great but let down in other areas,PG gameplay is great but let down in other areas.

#7 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

It is hilarious that so many are duped into TGC2 after the first one was so horrendous.  Some asked me how I knew it would be terrible without playing it.  Three famous words, I told you so.   :)

Think you need to brush up on your maths GB :D

• Richard, Parboy, DoGgs and 1 other like this

#8 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Think you need to brush up on your maths GB :D

Doh!   :D

#9 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

well, i have a fair amount of friends on tgc. ive put a lot of time into the gameplay and course developer.  i know tgc2 is a mess right now,  i assume it will be repaired but, ive said over and over the tour clubs are too easy.  im striping everything down the middle,  i turn off all the assists to try and make it ineresting.  there are lots of extras in that game and, this game seems to lumber on slowly without much hope of a console release.  i love the gameplay here with the mouse 4:1 and wish this game would go console.  i will even buy an xbox scorpio this fall if this game releases on it. 

tgc2 is not hard (on ps4 anyway).  the people saying its hard are playing it for the first time.  once you get the pattern down there's nowhere to go for more challenge.   will continue to play it because it will have all the extras that this game sorely lacks. 

it seems im still stuck with my opinion that jnpg has the best gameplay of any game ive ever played and tgc2 has all the extras that i want.  i hope eventually someone puts it all together. 

#10 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Jeffield,

I'm curious to know if you find the Tour Clubs controller swing in TGC2 easier to hit straight shots than TP controller swing in JNPG.  I'm really struggling to hit consistent straight shots with Tour Clubs in TGC2 whereas not as much on TP in JNPG. 

-MERACE

#11 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

Merace,

that's interesting.  I don't know.  I can try it.  ive never really played jnpg with the controller for any length of time because I really wanted and liked the tempo factor of the mouse.    I did try it once for a few holes but not enough to comment honestly as I wanted to go back to the tempo challenge of the mouse.

another summer of not knowing what I want to play.  I like playing on consoles better

#12 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

Merace, have u tried calibrating your pad in windows, i use xbox 360 pad and initially i was all over the place and could not understand why, after a fresh calibration it started to feel more normal,  Even so it is very easy to hit a bad one, i was hitting a few when i was focusing too much on tempo, now i dont even think about the tempo i focus on the up and down, tempo kinda comes naturally.  Also you must resist the urge to push too hard at the last moments of the downswing, i found i was keeping a good swing pace but right before the completion i would hammer it home and push it offline.  With TGC i used to swing fast and firm, with TGC 2  i keep it gentle, the little tap you hear when you push the stick thru to the top is now very quiet compared to what it was.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

I switched to the mouse and much easier to play but the greens at TGC2 at firm are ridiculous. You get a 20 ft putt and you see it slowing up an know it's going to be short and then you have 75 ft on your next putt as ball just won't stop. Greens there are a mess and to be honest they need a major patch to fix and I am not alone in that opinion. Off from video golf till next Friday but at my return JNPG is still my go to game. I will keep experimenting with TGC2 tho as if they fix the problems it could be a half decent game but lots of issues right now.

#14 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:21 AM

Merace, have u tried calibrating your pad in windows, i use xbox 360 pad and initially i was all over the place and could not understand why, after a fresh calibration it started to feel more normal,  Even so it is very easy to hit a bad one, i was hitting a few when i was focusing too much on tempo, now i dont even think about the tempo i focus on the up and down, tempo kinda comes naturally.  Also you must resist the urge to push too hard at the last moments of the downswing, i found i was keeping a good swing pace but right before the completion i would hammer it home and push it offline.  With TGC i used to swing fast and firm, with TGC 2  i keep it gentle, the little tap you hear when you push the stick thru to the top is now very quiet compared to what it was.

DoGgz, You pretty much validated my thoughts on why I'm struggling with the Tour Club (and even Player Club) swing in TGC2.  I'm going to have to unlearn the swing that I developed in TGC1 before I can  make any headway with the tempo swing in TGC2. No more pause at the top of the swing with a swift (almost slam) movement in the downswing.  :huh:

The one good thing with the new tempo swing in TGC2 is that it will be easy for me to play it along with JNPG.  With the TP controller swing I can pause at the top or not pause at the top and produce mostly straight shots.   :)

Thanks for the advice, DoGgz.  B)

-MERACE

#15 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

Yes the pause with tour clubs will kill you..keep it moving.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#16 shanky

shanky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Jeffield,

I'm curious to know if you find the Tour Clubs controller swing in TGC2 easier to hit straight shots than TP controller swing in JNPG. I'm really struggling to hit consistent straight shots with Tour Clubs in TGC2 whereas not as much on TP in JNPG.

-MERACE

There's no comparison,PG TP controller swing is harder but we are talking about the hardest swing in any golf game here,the tour clubs on TGC2 are a still a challenge but some people are claiming they are a cake walk

#17 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

There's no comparison,PG TP controller swing is harder but we are talking about the hardest swing in any golf game here,the tour clubs on TGC2 are a still a challenge but some people are claiming they are a cake walk

Quite correct TP PG controlller is harder, i can disperse left and right with it, In TGC 2 i only seem to disperse to the left a bit.  As for staying in that cone i do not find it that difficult, and the more i have played the easier it is becoming.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#18 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

The minute they think the TOUR clubs are a cakewalk, stay tuned because they about to lose their swing for a few rounds...

it is truly remarkable how the difficulty ebbs and flows in this swing.....

• nightowl likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#19 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

Quite correct TP PG controlller is harder, i can disperse left and right with it, In TGC 2 i only seem to disperse to the left a bit.  As for staying in that cone i do not find it that difficult, and the more i have played the easier it is becoming.

Wait til you play courses like Winged Foot West US Open and see how easy it is.....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Yes the pause with tour clubs will kill you..keep it moving.

Hideki Matsuyama is shafted if he ever tries TGC2 then, lol.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users