• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

How can I make my game look better using the dynamic sky and weather options?

As PerfectGolf uses a dynamic skybox with a moving sun the 'look' and lighting of the game can vary considerably depending on how you have your options set. If you use the 'real weather' option,  the time of year and sun angle will be taken into account too for the geo location of the course you are playing so for all the early access courses it is in effect, winter.

If you want a slightly brighter experience when playing in the early morning or late afternoon but are not interested in the real time weather, you can turn it off and select the weather settings manually. This will automatically set the time of year to May by default so the sun angle will invariably be higher. Now try playing at 7 am or 5 pm to get nice long shadows and beautiful lighting.

If you're not interested in the dynamic skybox you can turn it off and the game will run a little faster and have nice bright daytime lighting.

How do I change clubs and adjust the height and curve of my shots.

You can right click inside the swing meter and you will be able to change your club and shot type for the upcoming shot. If you right click again it will bring up the shot center where you can move the dot around to set up a preferred shot curve and height of shot. 

When I try and join a Multiplayer game in the lobby, nothing happens when I click join?

We use NAT Punchthrough to connect people together but depending on your router, firewall or even isp and location this can fail and you won't be able to join. Try making an exception for PerfectGolf in your firewall and if that doesn't work try contacting your isp to see if they can help you with your router configuration.

When I'm playing a multiplayer game the other player disconnects and I can't continue, why?

We are working on a fix for this so you will be able to continue the round on your own if your opponent disconnects.

How can I chat in game?

The 'enter' key brings up the chat box and you can type in it to communicate with the players in your game. At the moment there is sometimes a long delay after sending the messages so we are looking at ways of making the message sending quicker.

How do I know how my lie is going to affect the distance of my shot?

We have discussed placing a % power indicator in the lie information so when you are in the rough for example it might say something like 80%-90%

How can I play a pitch or lob shot, I have no shot type button to do this?

You have the ability by right clicking in the swing meter to bring up the shot center interface which will allow you to change the loft of your shot. If you set it to high with your lofted wedges you will find it possible to hit short soft landing shots to the green and the shot will lose distance from a normal shot and thus become a less than full shot. We don't yet have a golfer animation for this but we will be adding one during the course of early access.

How can I change the default clubs in my set?

When you create a player you will find an option tab for changing the default clubs in your bag. You are only allowed 14 clubs in total but you can choose more lofted wedges here for higher and softer shots from around the green. 

How do I know how far my shots will go, there are no marks on the swing meter?

As one of our goals is to recreate the feel of playing real golf you will need to head to the practice tee to experiement with different strengths of swing with different clubs to get an idea of how far they will go. Changing the height of the shot will also have an impact on distance depending on weather conditions and is especially true on shorter shots with wedges where you will need to practice a lot in order to get a feel for how hard to swing.

On the green, I swing my putter indicator to the flag on the power meter but my ball goes past or short of the hole, why?

The flag marker only gives you an indication of how hard to hit the shot for that length of putt on a flat green. You will have to vary the power slightly if you have uphill or downhill putts. Also remember on very short putts the pros invariably hit the ball quite hard to avoid little breaks near the hole, this is a good tactic to use on shorter putts if you find you are missing a lot. Mis-hit putts will have a slight effect on distance as well as direction so it pays to be accurate when putting.

How can I change my shirt colour?

When you create a game, change the team of your player and it will automatically set a new shirt colour. You have 8 to choose from.

How do I change my Player name and difficulty settings?

In your players tab you can create new players, rename them, set them to default, change club selections, and change your difficulty settings. By default they are set to maximum ie: the easiest mode. You can select different levels of help here if you want a more challenging game.

My shadows are flickering and low res. How can I fix this?

This can happen sometimes when you play the game on the lower graphics settings. Try turning your quality up to high and then manually setting your tree, shadow and grass distance back down a little. 

More to follow - 

• Hammerfest and Trents like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users