#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

I played round 3 at the OGT with my Logitech G602 Gaming mouse MS and hit 5/14 fairways and 15/18 greens and it says I used a forgiving device.  LMAO.  Now I have heard thru the grapevine this isnt working and that proves it but why does it show it on those numbers and trust me I was playing from the rough all day long with all that wind going on.  Just thought I would share and see if any others had seen that as its the second time I have ever seen it. 

• Fairwayman likes this

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Where did the 'grapevine' get their info?

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

did anyone try to chat with you prior to your notice.

or do they just front people out in the open , or is this something you just see.

just wondering i don't belong over there just to busy for me.

maybe thats why i don't belong to sites like that hell we got enough people

in our business without letting more in, hell seems someone wants to use a computer to monitor just about everything we do

even playing games

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

That message can come up no matter where you play.  Can be on a tour round or just a normal round in the lobby.  It's a built in game feature and not controlled by any tour site.  

Being a tour site, we get that data on the api but choose to ignore most of it.   Our tests shows it gives a lot of false positives like with Greens above and there are straight devices that will never trigger it.

• Fairwayman likes this

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

oh ok thanks i have never seen it so i didn't know nothing about it

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#6 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:17 AM

Hmmm ... I thought this was disabled in one update a bit ago - or was that just the values that used to show in the console (you know, those values that most players never knew what they meant)?  Personally, I've never seen the message, but I don't play very often (471 hours; 333 rounds).

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

I played round 3 at the OGT with my Logitech G602 Gaming mouse MS and hit 5/14 fairways and 15/18 greens and it says I used a forgiving device.  LMAO.  Now I have heard thru the grapevine this isnt working and that proves it but why does it show it on those numbers and trust me I was playing from the rough all day long with all that wind going on.  Just thought I would share and see if any others had seen that as its the second time I have ever seen it.

You need to take it to the range and see how many dead straight hits you achieve with that mouse, you say all that wind going on.... Was it the wind taking you from the FW or was it wayward hitting?.  If you are hitting straight after straight it would not matter what the wind does, the alert would be triggered by shot making alone, nothing else. looks like you need a range visit.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

That message can come up no matter where you play.  Can be on a tour round or just a normal round in the lobby.  It's a built in game feature and not controlled by any tour site.  

Being a tour site, we get that data on the api but choose to ignore most of it.   Our tests shows it gives a lot of false positives like with Greens above and there are straight devices that will never trigger it.

Would be interested in finding out what data you are basing your tests on. 

I can use the same mouse and unless I switch hardware snapping 'off' in the software (which is optional to install) I get a positive at the end of my round. There are many different types of controllers and mice but what cannot lie is the data we obtain from the standard deviation from a perfect path. We don't dictate to the people who play the game how they should play it but the warning when triggered let's the person know that they are more than likely using a control device which is easier than the game was designed with. 

• Fairwayman, Crusher and DoGgs like this

#9 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

Would be interested in finding out what data you are basing your tests on. 

I can use the same mouse and unless I switch hardware snapping 'off' in the software (which is optional to install) I get a positive at the end of my round. There are many different types of controllers and mice but what cannot lie is the data we obtain from the standard deviation from a perfect path. We don't dictate to the people who play the game how they should play it but the warning when triggered let's the person know that they are more than likely using a control device which is easier than the game was designed with. 

Mike, i get the message maybe once or twice every 10 rounds. And most of the times, when i have really good round. If the detection would work properly, shouldn't the message appear every single time or it should never appear?

On top of that i have a mouse with angle snapping (which i stopped using for the game) and a mouse without it. The message pops up here and there with both mice. But as i said: 8 or 9 rounds not, 1 time out of 10 it does.

I use 1100 dpi setting for my swings and 1.0 sensitivity setting in game. That should be well in the "okay range", right?

Right now the message unsettles players, plays mind games. As long as it isn't consistent, it doesn't help imo.

• sideshowbob likes this

#10 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hi Mike,

Good to see you come in on the topic.

I wonder if I could raise a possible issue as far as the 'forgiving device' message goes.

From data gathered when we have tried to find an equitable situation at PGLS as to when the data gets to a point where we have to start being more concerned about the equality of swing difficulties and whether a produced movement is outside of what the developers intended for the game, we have noticed that it seems much more likely to breach the level at which it happens when a player uses vertical motionswing when compared to horizontal motionswing. Is there any difference in the measurement of the two axis?

• Fairwayman likes this

#11 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Like Frank, I get the message very occassionally (probably not as often as 1 in 10). I use vertical MS (Pro) with a Logitech G502 mouse. The only settings I have changed is to lower the DPI. i dont see this as a problem as I could achieve pretty much the same effect from within the Mouse Sensitivity settings in the game options.

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

On top of that i have a mouse with angle snapping (which i stopped using for the game) and a mouse without it. The message pops up here and there with both mice. But as i said: 8 or 9 rounds not, 1 time out of 10 it does.

Angle snapping can be enabled in the hardware drivers by default it depends on the manufacturer. If you only get a positive message one out of 10 the chances are your mouse is on the 'borderline' and is perfectly acceptable for the task. If you were to get the positive message almost every time the chances that your controller is making the game easy would be considerably larger. 

It's up to the tours how they use the data they get and perhaps there would be a threshold about how often a player would be flagged as using an easy controller before any action was taken either by a warning from the tour or an imposed handicap.

Online gaming always throws up an uneven playing field - it's the nature of the beast. You can either accept it or play on LAN only with everyone using the same equipment in the same room.

• Fairwayman likes this

#13 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

Occam's Razor   "the principle (attributed to William of Occam) that in explaining a thing, no more assumptions should be made than are necessary. The principle is often invoked to defend reductionism or nominalism."

#14 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

You need to take it to the range and see how many dead straight hits you achieve with that mouse, you say all that wind going on.... Was it the wind taking you from the FW or was it wayward hitting?.  If you are hitting straight after straight it would not matter what the wind does, the alert would be triggered by shot making alone, nothing else. looks like you need a range visit.

DoGgz the G602 is a great gaming mouse and is not I repeat not a forgiving device like their controllers. I average about 70% greens and fairways whether calm or windy on average and for record I play it out of the box as is as I am not savoy enough to adjust. If I am off my timing or path with it I can assure you I go to to parts unknown and my scores show it. Lol. I have spent countless hours trying to perfect the perfect JNPG swing with a mouse and have yet to find that magic and that is with all the swings and forget RTSM as my caddie doesn't have enough balls in the bag to get us thru a round at TP. In conclusion it's not the mouse being the reason for the message as it isn't any better than my Corsair M65 RGB when it comes to my swing.

#15 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

shows ya how much i know about cheating, what the heck is angle snapping

• Greensboronclion likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

shows ya how much i know about cheating, what the heck is angle snapping

Yeah Dave that was over my head also. I hear about all these cheating programs and other stuff and say to myself where do people find this stuff and where do they find the time.
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#17 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Angle snapping is found in gaming mouse software and sometimes built directly into the mouse's firmware to make it easier to move a mouse in a straight line.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#18 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Angle snapping is found in gaming mouse software and sometimes built directly into the mouse's firmware to make it easier to move a mouse in a straight line.

My mouse must have been sleeping when they were passing it out at the factory as sometimes the only straight I get is straight to the rough.😂 lol.

#19 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

Angle snapping can be enabled in the hardware drivers by default it depends on the manufacturer. If you only get a positive message one out of 10 the chances are your mouse is on the 'borderline' and is perfectly acceptable for the task. If you were to get the positive message almost every time the chances that your controller is making the game easy would be considerably larger. 

It's up to the tours how they use the data they get and perhaps there would be a threshold about how often a player would be flagged as using an easy controller before any action was taken either by a warning from the tour or an imposed handicap.

Online gaming always throws up an uneven playing field - it's the nature of the beast. You can either accept it or play on LAN only with everyone using the same equipment in the same room.

A fact that few truly realize. A "level playing field" will NEVER exist in video games unless everyone playing is using the exact same equipment on the exact same network in the exact same room. 

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#20 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Vertical MSwing Pro

I was getting it a lot when I played 250\250 x\y axis... no angle snapping in my G100s baseline Logitech gaming mouse.

Now moving to 1100 \1100..1 in  every 4 round

I applaud Mimic and PGLS for looking into this.  Very discouraging this algorithm\angle snapping can't distinguish between a mouse and controller for the message B)

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users