#21 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:26 AM

My Logitech M310 wireless mouse is about 5-6 years old, and the stuttering I used to experience (for but a brief time) was caused by game graphic sliders set too high for the low end system I had at the time.  Back then, I solved my stuttering problem by changing the General Setting to LOW, and the shadow setting to 10. 
Hope this helps.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#22 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Again I don't care how bad I get bashed but the meter in this game flat out sucks.  It is major disadvantage to those who play 3C and MS as it is just not stable it seems at all.  Go ahead beat me up as it cant be any worse than the beating I took at Pinehurst #2 this evening.  :D  :D 

• scoops100 and GoldenBear like this

#23 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:58 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about. I’ve never had a problem and I am 3C.
Richard

Posted Image

#24 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Again I don't care how bad I get bashed but the meter in this game flat out sucks.  It is major disadvantage to those who play 3C and MS as it is just not stable it seems at all.  Go ahead beat me up as it cant be any worse than the beating I took at Pinehurst #2 this evening.  :D  :D

i know you have a top machine and connection but just try this shut the shadows off and see if the meter still acts so goofy for you

i had to do this on my midcard and it seemed to make it smoother also shut down Vsync if you have it set.

give it a try can't hurt.

• Greensboronclion likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#25 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Dave you have solved the problem. All this time and a few adjustments and bang it's like butter and not vanishing anymore. This is why a community is so important to a game and why I hate when we don't have many people in here chiming in on various topics. Again thanks for the tip and now I can enjoy once again.

#26 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

Dave you have solved the problem. All this time and a few adjustments and bang it's like butter and not vanishing anymore. This is why a community is so important to a game and why I hate when we don't have many people in here chiming in on various topics. Again thanks for the tip and now I can enjoy once again.

you are more then welcome if you had the vsync set i bet that was your problem.

i dont understand that setting but when i tried it with my mid card my meter went krazy and it 

cut my FPS to 30. after that i just thought must be for the sim guys

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#27 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Greenie, glad you have resolved your meter stutter.   Tour Pro is easy now right!  J/king! 

Davefv92c Good on you buddy!  

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#28 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

This is why a community is so important to a game and why I hate when we don't have many people in here chiming in on various topics. Again thanks for the tip and now I can enjoy once again.

can i tell; you something, that is why i post so much crazy stuff seems people

always want to know what the nutcases are doing they keep coming back.lol

it is a defense mech i use to keep people the hell away from me,in real life and on the net

don't much care for many. as im sure you can tell by some of the drama that follows me around.

im really a pretty normal ol hippy biker that knows the game of golf thats all.

have fun there GBR

Klipsch Sound System

#29 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Greenie, glad you have resolved your meter stutter.   Tour Pro is easy now right!  J/king! 

Davefv92c Good on you buddy!  

denny i sure miss you guys but our hours are just not meshing anymore, when you guys are starting im calling it a day and then Vance don't care much for me so that kills the voice chat. my sleeping issues have pretty much got away from me and im not getting on any pills to get me to sleep,and stepped away from the weed for a bit. im in bed by 8/9 and back up 2/3. been having a blast with this game now that i have gotten my timing back at least most of the time. i still go through bouts of slow  between brain and hand but hell i just play through them now, who really cares what ya score anyway just as long as the fun factor is there.

have a good one Bud

hey have you moved yet?

i have my house sold and im moving in April of next year

Klipsch Sound System

#30 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

i'm one of those who don't chime in much- but i 'm here every day reading everthing , and i've learned a lot of stuff---there prob...... lot like me :)

• scoops100 likes this

#31 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

i know you have a top machine and connection but just try this shut the shadows off and see if the meter still acts so goofy for you

i had to do this on my midcard and it seemed to make it smoother also shut down Vsync if you have it set.

give it a try can't hurt.

I have had shadows turned off on my GTX 980 for a year.  The meter is now more unstable than ever before.

#32 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

I have had shadows turned off on my GTX 980 for a year.  The meter is now more unstable than ever before.

can you screen shot your graphics settings and post them maybe we can figure something out

do you have the Vsync shut down? try turning off the dynamic sky function, game still looks great without it being set.

Klipsch Sound System

#33 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

looks like the meter issue is going down to debunking too.

i think people with meter issues need to look at their machines try it is all in the settings

spend sometime in there and i bet it can be worked out.

the worst complaining and all the time about this is a MP player and im really starting wonder if it is a meter or an excuse

for being a few spots down on the leaderboard. i look at his scores in the tourneys and i wish i could play that good.

i have tried to help this fella sent him here to read this post, tried to help him in the lobby chat, but i still see him making posts im quitting

i lost 6 stroke s to the meter if they dont fix this meter . lol you know how it goes so i believe that one to be debunked also.

just a shame he plasters up bad posts about the game all the time though.

here are the settings i play on a midrange card, i can play all the courses most in the 50/60 range that new Palm Bay  by stoney i was in the 100s. a little trick i use when messing with settings, while im messing i watch the FPS count with each change, seems if i get it over 200 on that page then everything works fine odd way to do but it works for me.

oNvUlz8.jpg

Klipsch Sound System

#34 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

from what i have seen so far shadows and real time weather, thunderstorms are the biggest FPS drains .

my view of shadows, oh it 's a little darker over there,hit the ball.lol turn em off if you want to gain some FPS to use elsewhere. lots of things in settings will make your play better.

Klipsch Sound System

#35 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

For what is worth and what worked for me, Crusher posted an image a while ago of some suggestions in terms of the sliders and where they should be for people with mid to lower end machines.   Amazingly after I did what he suggested, no more meter stutter and no more disappearing meter.  I do get the occasional blips while the ball is in the air and when it hits the fairway, so perhaps more tweaking of the tree distance is in order, but overall performance is pretty darn good on my somewhat decent rig.  Maybe these will work for higher end machines as well?   not sure... 

I know his post is somewhere in here or the Tech thread.. I will see if I can dig it up.  But dont wait for me, see if you can find it if you are still having trouble. 

#36 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Shadows make little difference to my FPS on my high end card. I just tested it and I gained only 3 FPS when I changed the shadow distance from max to zero on Waialae.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#37 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

just went and did a little test i loose 10/15 FPS set to full

when i do that on some of the heavy planted courses  or the reflective courses.

it does not affect the meter, but it does make the graphics jitter a little at times.

sometimes i think peeps see this graphic jitter and think it is the meter.

Klipsch Sound System

#38 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Well I will report in again and after I changed my settings it seemed to settle down but all of a sudden it happened again a few times with the vanishing meter but the stutter was gone and not there.  Dave I know you are not seeing it but there are a lot of people that are and it probably is in the settings but how low do you set them to get what you want when you don't have to.  I have solved the problem by breaking out my Xbox360 controller and switched to RTS-C and will now stay there as there is no problem at all with it as there is no meter.  With the next version coming to the Xbox One and maybe other systems we are coming to the end of the 3C era of video golf and I know that statement will make some trash me for saying it but its basically true.  You can play EA Sports Rory at 3C using the controller but its boring compared to the controller and the modern player wants something new and that is why we now have RTS and it will IMHO become even more apparent in new games down the line.  I am 61 and have played the 3C way for many years and love it as it is easy to play and still very difficult at the TP level but the masses speak and the fact is that the PC crowd or us is now dwindling fast and most are going to console and yes I own multiple myself.  Again I agree with you that the problem with the meter is in the setting but again if I don't have to change my settings and can play at the higher setting using RTSM or RTSC why change and just go with the flow.

#39 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

i have just learned to get the best i can through the settings and go with the flow of the game. i figure

don't try to make the game flow as i want it to. all the different set up's connections,hardware. operator  error's

my game looks and plays well if i run the sliders all the way up i can still play but get the jittering graphics which i don't care for 

you know the ball stopping and starting while in flight and crap like that. so there is really no answer to your question everybody see's the game in their own way. on the vanishing meter mine is slow at coming up sometimes but not much.

Klipsch Sound System

#40 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

There are many different issues people are having with the meter.

A jittering meter due to bad FPS is just one of them. The jitter on the meter around the 7 o'clock mark that throws you off your snap timing has nothing to do with FPS and can happen whether you are at 30 FPS or 200 FPS. The 'slide' doesn't seem to be caused by low FPS either as more people with high-end machines than low-end ones seem to be suffering from it.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users