#61 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Interesting and I just played a round at the OGT Hobson House using my controller at 3C and it was pretty comfortable and have played Rory that way in the past.  I played on my 27 inch ASUS Monitor and will try playing on my 50 inch Sony TV next to check how it plays with both mouse and controller.  Lots of experimenting to do. LOL.

#62 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

In the case of me and my brother, I'm inclined to agree with Rehit that our problem could be a bandwidth issue as we both also use a large screen TV as a monitor. It is certainly nothing to do with our PC specs - I have an intel i7 7700k with a gtx1080ti graphics card. This should be perfectly adequate to run this game!  :lol:

However, to say it has nothing to do with code makes no sense at all. The problem didn't exist for us when the game was first released and I had a lower spec PC then (though still a good one!). It became an issue after game updates and became worse with subsequent ones. Therefore the code is playing a part in this too. Also there has to be something in the code to cause the occasional 7 o'clock stutter. If it was purely background processes or a hardware problem then the issue would surely be far more random, and not focused on this area of the meter.

As to the suggestion to turn off the 'pause render on swing' - that makes no sense either, because it is designed to make the meter smoother by reducing processes in the game that could interfere with the consistency of the meter. Incidentally, I play with it off anyway because I find the pausing distracting whereas my brother prefers it turned on because it does smooth the meter on courses with low FPS. The meter loses its smoothness for both of us around 45 FPS and below. The slide and the 7 o'clock stutter can happen at any FPS.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#63 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

A good desktop monitor up to around 30inches will have a response time of 2ms. A huge TV set, which is not a dedicated monitor but has PC input as an additional option, is unlikely to have a reaction time anywhere near. My money would be on the TV monitor, especially with increasing size, which requires greater upscaling, being behind the lag in reaction time.

Mike, I agree that using the TV as a monitor could be the cause in our case, but it is not down to the latency of TV's. TV's have always suffered from latency and always have a PC mode which cuts out unnecessary tv processes to reduce this to a minimum. Besides, the slide is totally inconsistent. You can hit shot after shot with no slide and then get one with a random amount. Sometimes it will just carry on moving for a very short time after you click, sometimes a longer time. Sometimes it will instantly jump a distance (usually about 2mm on our screens) after you click.

As to upscaling, there shouldn't be any. I have a 1080p TV and everything on my PC is set to 1920x1080 (the native resolution).

I've been using a TV as a computer monitor for maybe 10 years now and no other game in all that time has ever given me issues that could be attributed to the TV.

• Affo and GoldenBear like this

#64 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Muscle memory ... on 3 click... Now that's funny.... I have to believe That the meter problems are not Perfect golfs problem. The minute I tried 3 click on new system no more hiccups.... smooth as butter from start to finish. As far as the  penalizing thing goes every one has to deal with the same penalty. Fair as fair can be....for all 3 clickers.  I'm glad they got the anti cheat in there hope it stays... the 3 click method relies on reaction time that's it. i don't think i would even go as far as to say it's hand eye coordination but im sure there is a small part of that as well.

It is getting real old using the excuse that a high end gaming computer is the problem with the meter.  That is simply poppycock and balderdash!

#65 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

might be right, when i try putting a 4k 43'' set on the computer you

can see the difference, it is a whole nother learning curve when it comes to timing the 3c meter.

i can play on that much better using a controller on the 3c

those who scoff at the muscle memory angle, they are wrong. after a stroke i had

to relearn how to do simple daily tasks just with my right hand and arm.

took my laptop to  therapy one day and was told by a couple of the folks there that this game would be a great tool

to help getting a better connection between my arm,hand,and brain and teaching my muscles to function as normal as 

they could using muscle memory. so there is some muscle memory in play.

Yep.  I did not even reply to that erroneous comment made by Sliceapottomus about muscle memory.  He really put both feet in his mouth this time.  lol

#66 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

In the case of me and my brother, I'm inclined to agree with Rehit that our problem could be a bandwidth issue as we both also use a large screen TV as a monitor. It is certainly nothing to do with our PC specs - I have an intel i7 7700k with a gtx1080ti graphics card. This should be perfectly adequate to run this game!  :lol:

However, to say it has nothing to do with code makes no sense at all. The problem didn't exist for us when the game was first released and I had a lower spec PC then (though still a good one!). It became an issue after game updates and became worse with subsequent ones. Therefore the code is playing a part in this too. Also there has to be something in the code to cause the occasional 7 o'clock stutter. If it was purely background processes or a hardware problem then the issue would surely be far more random, and not focused on this area of the meter.

As to the suggestion to turn off the 'pause render on swing' - that makes no sense either, because it is designed to make the meter smoother by reducing processes in the game that could interfere with the consistency of the meter. Incidentally, I play with it off anyway because I find the pausing distracting whereas my brother prefers it turned on because it does smooth the meter on courses with low FPS. The meter loses its smoothness for both of us around 45 FPS and below. The slide and the 7 o'clock stutter can happen at any FPS.

"However, to say it has nothing to do with code makes no sense at all. The problem didn't exist for us when the game was first released and I had a lower spec PC then (though still a good one!). It became an issue after game updates and became worse with subsequent ones. Therefore the code is playing a part in this too."

Exactly!  Broken code left unattended will always become more corrupt.  The 3 click meter in this game is a prime example of that.  It is unfathomable that some cannot grasp this very easy concept and fact.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#67 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

It is getting real old using the excuse that a high end gaming computer is the problem with the meter.  That is simply poppycock and balderdash!

pls do xplain to me why some ppl do not have a stuttering meter...you are sounding more and more cantankerous.

#68 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

pls do xplain to me why some ppl do not have a stuttering meter...you are sounding more and more cantankerous.

Can you explain why my last computer with one quarter of the processing power of this could play ALL golf games with a buttery smooth meter?  Of course some have a working meter but that is not the issue.  Many of us do not.

#69 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

The meter glitch is just an excuse for a bad shot , i play all swings and i have never had this glitch. many i have played online have but they only mention it after a poor shot

#70 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

The meter glitch is just an excuse for a bad shot , i play all swings and i have never had this glitch. many i have played online have but they only mention it after a poor shot

"I have never had this glitch..... so it doesn't exist." - yeah, you must be right. I've never had cancer.... I guess that doesn't exist either.

Considering that the various problems with the meter make it difficult to hit a good shot it is not surprising that people mention it after hitting a bad one. I have had slides that helped. I have clicked early and watched it slide to the line for a perfect snap, but it is rare. My brother and I have also had the 7 o'clock stutter and still managed to hit the snap, and commented about it when it happened..... but it usually causes us to snap early. He gets far more of these than I do. All of these issues throw off your timing because you are expecting them to happen each shot, whether they do or they don't.

• Parboy, erwildcat, Carl Lapin and 1 other like this

#71 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

"I have never had this glitch..... so it doesn't exist." - yeah, you must be right. I've never had cancer.... I guess that doesn't exist either.

Considering that the various problems with the meter make it difficult to hit a good shot it is not surprising that people mention it after hitting a bad one. I have had slides that helped. I have clicked early and watched it slide to the line for a perfect snap, but it is rare. My brother and I have also had the 7 o'clock stutter and still managed to hit the snap, and commented about it when it happened..... but it usually causes us to snap early. He gets far more of these than I do. All of these issues throw off your timing because you are expecting them to happen each shot, whether they do or they don't.

It was a joke Acrilix i know it is an issue as i get the glitch just a bit of banter

#72 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

deleted

#73 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

That was uncalled for.  Please do not call those of us with this game bug liars.  Thanks

It was a joke Acrilix i know it is an issue as i get the glitch just a bit of banter

To not be misunderstood when posting a smarmy joke a smile is in order.  :)

#74 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

I feel the pain for the 3 click players who are experiencing slide and stutter.  To simply rule out bandwidth, users computer and possibly code as a culprit is not wise.  It could be one of the mentioned areas or a combination of them.  A computer CPU's speed (remember JNPG is more CPU dependent than GPU hungry.  Just saying.    

Anyway long story short - I have not experienced slide (or my old eyes can't see it) nor the stuttering meter.  I am also using the two color swing meter.  I have not used the pointer meter (yellow arrows one) since the two color meter came out.   So I can't vouch for the yellow arrow meter. 

We 3 click players all us the meter to swing.  If your current meter is not smooth why not try the other meter. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#75 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

I played JNPG with 3C last night on my gaming laptop and experienced zero stutter or slide in the meter.  I was just curious if I would experience it.

I also streamed it over my Nvidia Shield TV from my gaming desktop and was shocked to see that I had no lag, stutter, or slides in that setup either.  And one could certainly argue that I would've experienced some lag while streaming (although this is over a wired setup).

I do, however, believe those that say they are experiencing issues.  But unless it's happening to everyone then I don't think it's a game issue per se... I think it's a setup issue.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#76 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

think you are right mebby after a few excelent shots I get a couple of slides if the shots a ordinary then I don't get any slides , I think it is set up like that.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#77 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

I feel the pain for the 3 click players who are experiencing slide and stutter.  To simply rule out bandwidth, users computer and possibly code as a culprit is not wise.  It could be one of the mentioned areas or a combination of them.  A computer CPU's speed (remember JNPG is more CPU dependent than GPU hungry.  Just saying.    

Anyway long story short - I have not experienced slide (or my old eyes can't see it) nor the stuttering meter.  I am also using the two color swing meter.  I have not used the pointer meter (yellow arrows one) since the two color meter came out.   So I can't vouch for the yellow arrow meter. 

We 3 click players all us the meter to swing.  If your current meter is not smooth why not try the other meter. 

Hi Dennis.  I have tried both meters and the pointer is considerably worse.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users